Men vs Miami Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, bigbird said:

I had a great time with y'all this year. Thanks for making the basketball threads fun, everyone. War Eagle!

You're welcome. :P

It was a great year and we'll get a ring out of it. War Eagle!

• Like 1

Crowd is chanting "SEC! SEC! SEC!".  We laid an egg.  Very embarrassing.  For this team to not even make the Sweet 16 is a complete 100% failure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

JABA..sigh

Again, Pearl did an awful job of developing an offense. Weakness was covered up when guys where making shots. Once shots weren't falling and teams punched us in mouth, we folded. 

• Like 3

Just now, MaxCohen216 said:

Crowd is chanting "SEC! SEC! SEC!".  We laid an egg.  Very embarrassing.  For this team to not even make the Sweet 16 is a complete 100% failure.

Think that’s ACC, boss

• Like 1

Just now, MaxCohen216 said:

ACC ACC ACC

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

Team quit at halftime. 

I wouldn’t say they quit. The turning point was when Auburn had a chance to take the lead and they missed all three chances underneath. Kess and Bari couldn’t finish. Right after that is when Miami went on the run. Big swing on that one possession 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 33gles said:

Welp, back to the Spring Practice threads. Been fun y'all.

You could always watch Softball and join in on the threads over there. 25-2 and off to one of our best seasons. ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

I’m curious to see what Bruce is willing to do as far as roster management goes with all of guards and wings potentially returning. 

I think it all depends on who we're able to get in the transfer portal. If we get better talent that can start at guard..it's clear whose minutes need to be decreased and who doesn't need to start. I like Wen and i think he does well in his role; not starting but playing major minutes. We need a PG that has a high IQ...get us in our sets, understand mismatches and can shoot consistently. 

Right now, we have more role players at guard than starters. Bruce will do all he can to get us where we need to be.

Edited by WarEagle1983

Jabari's shot selection was inconceivable, but the dude had stellar defense for 3/4ths of the game and in the few times he tried to post up, it would be bad entry passes. You can't see how the guards are subpar passers and then blame the big for not being able to perform in the paint. HE CAN'T PASS IT TO HIMSELF!!!

We’ll, we went the entire season without being blown out… until tonight.  Just beaten by a team that we could not match up with.  Too many turnovers, too many missed layups, and a rare off night by Jabari.  Miami was too fast for us.

Miami will win 79-61. As Jabari walks off the court for the final time, hate that it ended like this. Look forward to next year guys. War eagle 

Just now, e808 said:

I wouldn’t say they quit. The turning point was when Auburn had a chance to take the lead and they missed all three chances underneath. Kess and Bari couldn’t finish. Right after that is when Miami went on the run. Big swing on that one possession 

I don’t think some players even bothered to get off the bus.

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bro you don't go 27-5 and win a regular season conference title getting out coached all season. This whole Bruce sucks mentality when we have bad games gets a little old. Does he have plenty of things he can improve and get better at? Yes, but was he outcoached all season? No. This team was predicted to not be very good and basically be middle of the pack in the conference, we wind a regular season championship and we're a 2 seed

Semantics. My bad. Maybe I should have said he got outcoached a lot. Would that make you feel better? Whether we were predicted to not be very good really doesn't matter. We ended up being good and Bruce got outcoached in some critical games. It's that simple. I never said he sucks. He clearly doesn't. But watching other teams make adjustments and some of the weird rotations have baffled me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Glad I could this with u guys this year, not what I expected in this game, and personally it's embarrassing. We showed very little fight outside of 1-2 players, and personally one of the few times I can say that I've got a really bad taste from a BP team performance. WDE everybody 

War Eagle, Mav and thanks for all the hard work in play-by-play this year. Top 5 worst loss of the Bruce Pearl era, IMO.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's a coaching thing to me. You have allowed these guards to freeze out the bigs. Jaylin does what he does in the first half and gets what...1 three all second half? One layup attempt where he had the heart and athleticism to go collect the rebound almost as soon as he let the ball go

We had Kessler in playing 8 feet off the guards (out of necessity, because he's ******* 7'10 defending a 6'0 foot guy) and they just get wide open shots. Why in the name of everything holy would Bruce Pearl allow their guards to do a layup line vs Walker Kessler who can't even run with those dudes, I have no idea. We got down what, 10 points before he took him out????

At the same time, Jabari and Kessler don’t do anything to get open without the ball. Jabari just stands at the key and asks for the ball. Kessler never posts anyone up and plays at his height. It puts the pressure on the guards to beat their man off the dribble too much. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I think it all depends on who we're able to get in the transfer portal. If we get better talent that can start at guard..it's clear who minutes need to be decreased and who doesn't need to start. I like Wen and i think he does well in his role; not starting but playing major minutes. We need a PG that has a high IQ...get us in our sets, understand mismatches and can shoot consistently. 

Right now, we have more role players at guard than starters. Bruce will do all he can to get us where we need to be.

Our worst rotation player (check the advanced stats if you don’t trust me) happens to have a father on staff. I’m not so sure.

Edited by Dunndone414