Off Season Men's Roster Movement

tigeraddikt

I say “processed,” but I really mean to ask what everyone thinks will happen personnel-wise with the players on this year’s team who have remaining eligibility. Smith is a lottery pick. I believe Kessler and Moore will declare/transfer respectively. I wonder what will happen with Flanigan. I would say that Allen 100% gets processed out if Wes wasn’t on Bruce’s staff. Even with that, he might be encouraged to find another place to play? I don’t see KD, Wendell, or Zep leaving since they already used their free transfer to come to AU. What about Williams or Cambridge? I know a ton depends on who Bruce can find in the transfer portal.

Edited by tigeraddikt

Portal bigs to replace Jabari and Kessler. Moore probably transfers so there’s a portal option for an elite guard. I guess everyone else stays including Stretch. Got the 2 freshmen coming in too. 

Flan, Moore, Cambridge, and Stretch should all get processed. That 2019 class flat out sucked looking back besides Okoro, Jwill, and last year's Flan. They won't process the guards, but we need to recruit over them for sure 

• Dislike 1

Pushing out Flanigan would be beyond dumb, but I'd think Moore and Stretch are looking elsewhere, especially after seeing CMo get some senior day minutes. That screamed to me, get him one more showing before it's done. Cook has a covid year so I dunno if he comes back or not but that brotha came to Auburn the same time I did, and that seems like centuries ago. I hope he continues enjoying it but I'd like to have that scholly too lol 

I'd figure your top 6 guys feature Cardwell, Cambridge, Wendell, KD, Zep and Jaylin early on next season, with Westry and whoever the new big will be round out that rotation. I really don't want to run back the three guard/wings together unless Zep shows to be far more dynamic as a creator, KD finds a better balance between his brand of ball and team ball, or Flanigan gets back to 2020 conditioning. You don't have a team playmaker out of all three of them unless those things change and you saw how ugly that got with our starting lineup vs teams that would press our guards at half court. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pushing out Flanigan would be beyond dumb, but I'd think Moore and Stretch are looking elsewhere, especially after seeing CMo get some senior day minutes. That screamed to me, get him one more showing before it's done. Cook has a covid year so I dunno if he comes back or not but that brotha came to Auburn the same time I did, and that seems like centuries ago. I hope he continues enjoying it but I'd like to have that scholly too lol 

I'd figure your top 6 guys feature Cardwell, Cambridge, Wendell, KD, Zep and Jaylin early on next season, with Westry and whoever the new big will be round out that rotation. I really don't want to run back the three guard/wings together unless Zep shows to be far more dynamic as a creator, KD finds a better balance between his brand of ball and team ball, or Flanigan gets back to 2020 conditioning. You don't have a team playmaker out of all three of them unless those things change and you saw how ugly that got with our starting lineup vs teams that would press our guards at half court. 

Yeah that’s not a top 6 that’ll take us very far. Hopefully we strike gold in the portal. I’m betting we will. 

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Isn't zep a Senior? Covid yr?

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Isn't zep a Senior? Covid yr?

Yeah i think he is taking the covid year. 

I'm not sure what happens to the team. It seems obvious we lose Jabari and Kessler but who knows. At a minimum it seems we need to bring in a big and a 2 with some size that can shot

So Flanigan tears his Achilles and we want to dump him?  That makes no sense.  How many players come back as quick as he did?  Durant was out twice as long after he tore his in the NBA.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

So Flanigan tears his Achilles and we want to dump him?  That makes no sense.  How many players come back as quick as he did?  Durant was out twice as long after he tore his in the NBA.

I’m as hard on him and as frustrated by his play as much as anyone here but in no way would I want to dump him. Nothing good comes from that and there’s better ways for us to improve than going that route. 

• Like 4

Stretch, C-Mo, and Cambridge should be processed. I would love to add Tevin Brown as a shooter and Kobe Brown as a big. Then add one or both of the LSU 5* decommits and we are back in business. 

Not sure how many Basketball players we have on the roster. We have athletes who can run and jump. A finess guy or 2. One with no offensive game whatsoever,  a bull in a China shop. But only 1 or 2 what I call true Basketball players with Basketball skills

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Stretch, C-Mo, and Cambridge should be processed. I would love to add Tevin Brown as a shooter and Kobe Brown as a big. Then add one or both of the LSU 5* decommits and we are back in business. 

Man, that's a dream team lineup 

• Like 1

I don't think Kessler leaves.  Just a feeling.  He doesn't have the offensive game that will transition to the NBA level.  His finishing around the rim in any kind of traffic is very weak.  Another year of weight training and working on that part of his game could make him a lottery pick next year.  We shall see...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

i like the way you think.jpg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

I don't think Kessler leaves.  Just a feeling.  He doesn't have the offensive game that will transition to the NBA level.  His finishing around the rim in any kind of traffic is very weak.  Another year of weight training and working on that part of his game could make him a lottery pick next year.  We shall see...

Latest mock drafts have him at the tail end of the first round. If that’s where he ends up, I think he’d be crazy not to leave. Draft prospects become less valuable the older they get, and Walker probably has a ceiling as far as how high his stock is likely to go given athletic attributes that are less likely to be improved.

If he gets a second round grade maybe it’s a better question. A jumper would help him somewhat, but teams are likely drafting him based on his potential as a rim protector and will believe they can work on his shot.

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Yeah that’s not a top 6 that’ll take us very far. Hopefully we strike gold in the portal. I’m betting we will. 

If we get the big from LSU that’s decommiting, I think he’s a legit star in the marking. Westry will probably have to bide his time initially but I think he’s nice 

I just feel like next season screams solid-good starting out and they really start putting it on dudes late in the season. And I’d also argue a Wendell comparable to his first half, 2020 Flanigan, and 2020 Jaylin is a legitimately good 3 out of 5 dudes. We definitely need at least one good transfer body but we aren’t hurting for a core you can build off of

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

The Tevin Brown thing is becoming fun for us, but that’d personally be cool as hell to me. First guy from my area I know of that would play for one of the big two instate (that I know of). You get him at the three and move Flanigan up to the 2, that’s a hell of a wing duo 

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not to mention, he’s still one of our few legitimately great wing defenders (as currently constructed). Hell, he’s one of two guys we have that we can even put on someone taller than 6’3 and shorter than 6’8 and feel good about it. 

I think people are so thirsty for shooting and scoring at that spot (which we do need more of) that they’re forgetting that guards/wings with size killed us fairly often. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, muxi87 said:

I hope you're right.  He can't do much of anything offensively except dunk, and he played like a kitten in more than one game down the stretch, including last night.  He got pushed around and downright bullied by Colin Castleton.  He would look like a pinball bouncing off of NBA bigs next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The Tevin Brown thing is becoming fun for us, but that’d personally be cool as hell to me. First guy from my area I know of that would play for one of the big two instate (that I know of). You get him at the three and move Flanigan up to the 2, that’s a hell of a wing duo 

Is Tevin Brown in the portal?

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

His play has everything to do with what's between his ears, not his Achilles. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is Tevin Brown in the portal?

Not that I know of. He’s a guy who did 4 years that had a season that got a good bit of NBA pundit type eyes, so I dunno if the motivation to come back will be there. Guess it’s just dependent on his draft feedback if it’s worth using that COVID year.

I would write it up as a dream with a ~5% chance of happening. But if we reach out…who knows what happens next 

2 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

His play has everything to do with what's between his ears, not his Achilles. 

That injury will affect ur thinking. You have to trust that u can move freely on that Achilles and do the things u used to do. If he doesn’t have that confidence it’s gonna continue to affect his game 

Edited by e808
Typo
  • Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to Off Season Men's Roster Movement
15 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I wonder what will happen with Flanigan. I would say that Allen 100% gets processed out if Wes wasn’t on Bruce’s staff. Even with that, he might be encouraged to find another place to play?

Bruce doesn't process players. If Wes finds a HC job, which could happen, then that's an affective way for Al Flan to leave.

Zep leaving since they already used their free transfer to come to AU

Zep used his 1st time transfer option last year regardless of classificationto come to AU. As a grad transfer he still has another transfer & play immediately option available. I don't think he uses it though.

What about Williams or Cambridge?

Bruce knows how important JW is & will do what he can to keep him.

Cambridge along with C-Mo & Strech are expected to look around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1