2023 5* QB Nico Iamaleava has Committed to Tennessee

Chaotic_zx

Rumor is that he is getting $8 million. It seems outlandish at face value so I hope I have read that wrong. Also rumors are that Manning is asking $10 Million. It is no wonder that Auburn has difficulties if these are true.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Rumor is that he is getting $8 million. It seems outlandish at face value so I hope I have read that wrong. Also rumors are that Manning is asking $10 Million. It is no wonder that Auburn has difficulties if these are true.

It is probably worth it for Tennessee if it helps them jumpstart their program in recruiting to get Tennessee back to the way it was in the early 2000's.

We see tons of bad, inflated contracts in pro sports, and we're going to see them in college ball now, too.

Lol at anyone who suddenly has a problem with adults being paid more than they're worth. And lol at anyone who thinks certain schools suddenly have an advantage because they have more money to spend. Not sure where all this whining was when coaches started making over $5 million a year and locker rooms started having waterfalls and TVs in every locker. 

I *love* how made it makes some of you that the players are getting paid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We see tons of bad, inflated contracts in pro sports, and we're going to see them in college ball now, too.

Lol at anyone who suddenly has a problem with adults being paid more than they're worth. And lol at anyone who thinks certain schools suddenly have an advantage because they have more money to spend. Not sure where all this whining was when coaches started making over $5 million a year and locker rooms started having waterfalls and TVs in every locker. 

Blah, blah, blah. I get it that your cool with this. But it WILL be the death of college football as we know it and even you will pine for the good old days. The rich( Bama, uga, ohio state, Clemson) will just pay more to get the best players because they are willing to, so that’s who’ll be in the playoffs every year. Also,the bama’s of the world will get the Henry To’o-To’os ( you know, the other teams best player) from the portal year after year. But let’s forget about free education(that’s what college is for, an education), free food and rooms , and the stipend players have been getting all along. That’s nothing to you, I know. Oh , and don’t get pissed at me when I boo and bad mouth a player who messes up. After all he’s getting paid to perform now

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, jluvah said:

Blah, blah, blah. I get it that your cool with this. But it WILL be the death of college football as we know it and even you will pine for the good old days. The rich( Bama, uga, ohio state, Clemson) will just pay more to get the best players because they are willing to, so that’s who’ll be in the playoffs every year.

Those are the teams that are in the playoffs every year anyway. Those are the teams that were playing every year for the BCS Championship too.

Parity in college football hasn't existed in a very long time. NIL could very well make the bad situation even worse, but it's not like it's destroying something...we're already at a point where a small # of top teams dominate the sport without NIL. 

On 3/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, jluvah said:

Also,the bama’s of the world will get the Henry To’o-To’os ( you know, the other teams best player) from the portal year after year. But let’s forget about free education(that’s what college is for, an education), free food and rooms , and the stipend players have been getting all along. That’s nothing to you, I know. Oh , and don’t get pissed at me when I boo and bad mouth a player who messes up. After all he’s getting paid to perform now

College is for an education 

College Football is a separate entity and is a business first and foremost. 

No doubt a lot of players who have no hope of the NFL are taking advantage of the education and scholarship benefits offered, but big time college players don't give a crap about the education. Their trying to get into a career that doesn't require college and will earn them more money then a regular degree could ever hope to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Those are the teams that are in the playoffs every year anyway. Those are the teams that were playing every year for the BCS Championship too.

Parity in college football hasn't existed in a very long time. NIL could very well make the bad situation even worse, but it's not like it's destroying something...we're already at a point where a small # of top teams dominate the sport without NIL. 

No doubt a lot of players who have no hope of the NFL are taking advantage of the education and scholarship benefits offered, but big time college players don't give a crap about the education. Their trying to get into a career that doesn't require college and will earn them more money then a regular degree could ever hope to. 

Thanks for helping me prove my point

18 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's absolutely hilarious that people somehow continue to think that schools with more financial resources- and a commitment to directing those resources to football- only now have an unfair advantage in recruiting. Or that college football is only now a commercial enterprise. 

As long as people keep saying that dumb stuff, I will keep making fun of them.

12 hours ago, jluvah said:

Thanks for helping me prove my point

then instead of just stripping away the few benefits student athletes have finally gained from the system we need to radically change the entire system.

cap head coaching salaries. All head coaches at major universities would end up making the same maximum salary. 

Get rid of special athlete admission exemptions and exceptions and have the NFL or some other organization create a developmental league for top high school recruits who need to train up for the NFL, but don't care as much about college. 

severely cap the amount of money schools can spend on recruiting efforts and additional football assistants 

Cap the amount of profit athletic departments can keep for themselves. anything above that cap goes directly to the schools general education funds. 

Cap the amount of donations that boosters can make to schools and athletic programs

Taking away NIL from students does nothing to fix the system and wont stop the "death" of college football like you claim. What we need to do do is take the Capitalism out of college sports. 

It would create a diluted product with fewer star players, fewer games on primetime tv, fewer rich college programs, but it would help make college football less about money and more about the actual student athletes, education, and overall college experience for everyone. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

then instead of just stripping away the few benefits student athletes have finally gained from the system we need to radically change the entire system.

cap head coaching salaries. All head coaches at major universities would end up making the same maximum salary. 

Get rid of special athlete admission exemptions and exceptions and have the NFL or some other organization create a developmental league for top high school recruits who need to train up for the NFL, but don't care as much about college. 

severely cap the amount of money schools can spend on recruiting efforts and additional football assistants 

Cap the amount of profit athletic departments can keep for themselves. anything above that cap goes directly to the schools general education funds. 

Cap the amount of donations that boosters can make to schools and athletic programs

Taking away NIL from students does nothing to fix the system and wont stop the "death" of college football like you claim. What we need to do do is take the Capitalism out of college sports. 

It would create a diluted product with fewer star players, fewer games on primetime tv, fewer rich college programs, but it would help make college football less about money and more about the actual student athletes, education, and overall college experience for everyone. 

In other words take the free market out of it and socialize the #$!& out of it. 

• Haha 1

Rumor around Austin is Quinn Ewers got $10 million this year. No idea if it's true, but I can believe it.

• WarTiger changed the title to 2023 5* QB Nico Iamaleava has Committed to Tennessee
  • 5 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, Cardin Drake said:

Rumor around Austin is Quinn Ewers got $10 million this year. No idea if it's true, but I can believe it.

10 million for that kid?!?!  And we only paid 180k for Cam. 🤫 🤐 

lol. I kid, I kid. I know we didn’t pay for him. But damn I could not be mad at that investment!!!

Back to Nico. I watched some of one of his games. Actually not 💯 sure it was him, but I am 💯 sure it was his high school. I’ll say 90 percent sure it was him. 

In that game on that day. He left a lot to be desired!!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 8:31 AM, McLoofus said:

it doesn't make me mad that the players are getting paid, it makes me mad that an unsustainable pay model is being more or less forced onto college football. and it will ultimately hurt "the players" just as much. 

Auburn is not one of those schools that's going to win these bidding wars. You think that doesn't matter? You mention waterfalls, coach pay and facilities. And we've watched the teams that made those moves early go to the top while we meandered and sank. Now you're again seeing us slow to the money game. It will have the same effect. And Auburn has money. Wait until 3/4 of college football decide their football program is too expensive to bother much with. Enjoy that Saturday lineup. 

• Like 2