Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

Not surprising at all.  

I'll also say, I really don't think it's a matter of people at Auburn not believing in him.  Just never could show consistent accuracy on his throws in practices.  Great athlete though.  I hope he finds a landing spot where he can play.  I suspect it'll be at a lower level FBS or perhaps an FCS school.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Wonder what Freeze can do with him…or maybe UCF with Gus 🤷🏽‍♂️

My first thought lol......Will this be the #1 QB taking in the draft in the 2025 class after Freeze's tutelage?

• Like 5

Best of luck to him . You don’t become the winningest Qb in Texas history without talent. He will dominate somewhere . My opinion does not matter here , but he should have been given the reigns some last year. Hope he blows up somewhere 

• Like 6

Auburn QB Dematrius Davis to transfer

Just two weeks into spring practice, Auburn is down a quarterback in its competition to replace Bo Nix.

Redshirt freshman Dematrius Davis is transferring, he shared on social media Wednesday.

A Houston native, Davis was a four-star recruit in the 2021 class, though he did not appear in a game last season. He's the winningest quarterback in Texas high school football history

Davis was at practice as recently as Monday.

Contenders for Auburn's starting quarterback job are now returnee T.J. Finley, Texas A&M transfer Zach Calzada, Oregon transfer Robby Ashford and true freshman Holden Geriner.

Wish the kid the best and hope he's successful at his future school. 

Harsin said we'd see "movement" in the 1st week, I'm guessing DD ended up behind most everyone on the depth chart.  He seems like a great kid, just not an SEC QB.  Or not one right now.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Rumblings on TOS that King could be gone, too. TWIW. I hope not because I really see him being a huge contributor at the TE/WR hybrid role.

Not buying that.  Landon King's role and opportunities are expanding.  Dee was looking at another year of riding the pine, buried at 4th on the depth chart.

Just found what you were referring to.  The poster that said that corrected himself and said "Correction they said he is the best bet to be our 50/50 ball guy WR I read the DM wrong."

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

The poster that said that corrected himself and said "Correction they said he is the best bet to be our 50/50 ball guy WR I read the DM wrong."

lmao

In a wild offseason, least surprising move by far. Wish him the best and hope he makes us regret it. I will say that I figured he'd wait until the end of spring. Maybe it's a positive sign that Ashford and Geriner made him realize after a week instead. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Glad Dee saw the writing on the wall. He was never an option to play QB at AU under Harsin

I agree overall, but not because Harsin was totally against the guy or anything. He opened spring getting second string reps behind TJ. In a weeks time he was passed by the other two. Harsin could have told him to hit the portal in December if he wanted.

• Like 1

Crap, I hope he transfers to Liberty and lights it up and becomes a 1st round draft pick. Dang it; I like the kid.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Best of luck to him . You don’t become the winningest Qb in Texas history without talent. He will dominate somewhere . My opinion does not matter here , but he should have been given the reigns some last year. Hope he blows up somewhere 

He has terrible accuracy problems. Why would you put him in?

Being a HS stud doesn't always translate. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Being a HS stud doesn't always translate. 

He barely completed 60% of his passes high school. 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He barely completed 60% of his passes high school. 

But he did out up big numbers passing and running. He was a big play machine which doesn't translate to the next level.