Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Dee couldn’t make a move under Gus, Bobo or Kiesau. I just don’t think this is a repeat of Malik Willis at Liberty. 

Neither would Lamar Jackson, Wilson, Tua, Kyler, Mahomes et al.  And no, I'm not comparing Dee to them, just pointing out that not all extremely talented QBs work out in a particular offense.  This O wasn't for him, that doesn't mean he sucks, isn't talent, is inaccurate, has a weak arm, etc...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Was Nick Marshall a highly accurate QB? I would say no yet the dude was a baller and high up on the Auburn QB great list. Can't believe grown men are talking down about DD, a person who is a couple of years away from high school. 

Edited by maryland tiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Just now, maryland tiger said:

Was Nick Marshall a highly accurate QB? I would say no yet the dude was a baller and high up on the Auburn QB great list. Can't believe grown men are talking down about DD, a person who is a couple of years away from high school. 

Did anyone ever wonder why Stidham didn't work out here? It wasn't necessarily Gus the man, but his offense wasn't close to being suited for his abilities.  Did he make it work? Sure.  I believe Dee could've equally "made it work".

Luckily, we don't have to settle for good enough with CBH.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

How do you know he's not? Have you seen him play in a game? Have you ever seen him lead a team?

Same can be asked of you...In college, Have you? HS doesn't mean s*** in the SEC.

Your using Texas HS football as a measuring stick proves my point. Countless State Championship winning QBs weren't good in college. We have ample Natty winning NCAA QBs who are absolute trash in the NFL. Heisman QBs too.

We've seen him perform at A Day and he crow hopped to throw a 35 yard pass. We see him being extremely small.  We've had reports of poor accuracy, weak college arm, and he couldn't beat out Grant Loy.  There us nothing that shows he's close to being a good SEC QB.

Hell, even in his IG post this summer all his balls fluttered.

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He didn't fit in this O. Period. 

Because he's not a good passer. We just took a DT QB from Oregon. 

I get you have respect for TX HS football bc you coach it. That's fine, but if he was from SW GA I doubt you'd be "as high" on him

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Neither would Lamar Jackson, Wilson, Tua, Kyler, Mahomes et al.  And no, I'm not comparing Dee to them, just pointing out that not all extremely talented QBs work out in a particular offense.  This O wasn't for him, that doesn't mean he sucks, isn't talent, is inaccurate, has a weak arm, etc...

The reports out of spring practice are that accuracy is the problem. He’s not progressed in that since last year. 

I really think he’d be better served dropping down to a place like Arkansas State or Troy. 

11 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Ita really wild how the board picks and chooses who can be "talked down about" and who can't.

No one is being mean to the kid, just facts that he isn't SEC material

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Ita really wild how the board picks and chooses who can be "talked down about" and who can't.

Agreed. None should

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Same can be asked of you...In college, Have you

Yes, I have assisted in college a couple of time, albeit at smaller schools. Thanks for asking.

How about you?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Agreed. None should

No one is. You can be critical of a kids performance and not s*** on him. 

Wild there weren't all these white knights when everyone called the other kids who left soft, *******, weak, etc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yes, I have assisted in college a couple of time, albeit at smaller schools. Thanks for asking.

How about you?

Jesus, that was about his play. Not who coaches.

"Have you seen him play in a game?"

Did you forget posting that? It wasn't about personally coaching. Idk why this is now personal to you

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Best of luck to him . You don’t become the winningest Qb in Texas history without talent. He will dominate somewhere . My opinion does not matter here , but he should have been given the reigns some last year. Hope he blows up somewhere 

I agree. I hoped he would win the job

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jesus, that was about his play. Not who coaches.

"Have you seen him play in a game?"

Did you forget posting that? It wasn't about personally coaching. Idk why this is now personal to you

Because you can't post without making it personal? Bird doesn't need my help. But your approach is highly antagonistic. Don't wanna argue, and we agree at times. Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Are you instead saying that none of these would have been successful under Harsin because that is an even more ridiculous claim. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Because you can't post without making it personal?

That's just false 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Did anyone ever wonder why Stidham didn't work out here? It wasn't necessarily Gus the man, but his offense wasn't close to being suited for his abilities.  Did he make it work? Sure.  I believe Dee could've equally "made it work".

Luckily, we don't have to settle for good enough with CBH.

That remains to be seen. There's very little get excited about at this point, and nothing is certain just yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

That's just false 

Sometimes. And sometimes you have no idea how you come across. I said that I agree with you sometime. What I posted is not about that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Best of luck to him . You don’t become the winningest Qb in Texas history without talent. He will dominate somewhere . My opinion does not matter here , but he should have been given the reigns some last year. Hope he blows up somewhere 

I agree. I hoped he would win the job

• Like 1

I made no bones about it. I wanted DD to win the job. For several reasons. True dual threat, used to winning, etc.. Sometimes it's just not a good fit with the offense. As far as accuracy, Nick Marshall wasn't very accurate.  He made up for that with his legs. I believe DD could have done the same. However,  I trust Harsin to make the call. It's obvious to Harsin DD talents wouldn't mesh with his offense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

Even if TJ wasn't great, at least he was completing passes in practice against air/scout team which is opposite to what DD did. If you're throwing scout team ints you'll be eaten alive in actual competition. 

But he had wheels to open up the pass . I’m sure you guys are right about his accuracy, but he could run and quite frankly at least having that aspect should have put him in some ballgames he was an athlete 

51 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That remains to be seen. There's very little get excited about at this point, and nothing is certain just yet. 

giphy (1).gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I admire him for sticking with his signature after Gus got canned. If Harsin would have got the job before ENSD, doubt he'd have been sent papers. They would have found some hidden pro-style guy last minute 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

But he had wheels to open up the pass . I’m sure you guys are right about his accuracy, but he could run and quite frankly at least having that aspect should have put him in some ballgames he was an athlete 

CBH wants to run an NFL offense. Its his whole thing. Its why he emphasizes NFL coaches. There is a reason why there are very few true dual threats in the NFL. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's just false 

not here trying to take sides but y'all both got pretty chippy pretty fast. It goes both ways, trust me, I am an expert on it unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

• Love 1