Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

No, that's not why you're stupid.

You're stupid because you equated a 4th-round draft pick to "a thousand" "average college QBs". That is a very stupid thing that you said. Especially since Stidham is still employed as an NFL QB. Soooo average. 

You're stupid because you said that Marino could make a bad offense look "amazing", and then said that his college stats shouldn't be considered because... those offenses were... bad? Very, very stupid of you to say that the offense doesn't matter and then say that it does.

You're stupid because Jim McMahon put up far, far better stats in college at the exact same time that Marino was playing in college. I guess that means Jim McMahon was also a better NFL QB than Marino was? Or did he use a time machine, since offenses of that era were incapable of producing gaudy college stats? 

Mainly you're stupid because you'd rather keep digging your dumbass hole than acknowledge that someone else has a good- even if contradictory- point. This is why I quit interacting with you for a long time. This is why many people have taken issue with how your conduct yourself on here. It's not an all of us thing. It's a you thing. And it's stupid. It's a shame, because you have great opinions on most things that actually matter. 

See, he really likes you!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

100% did

One TX player you bias was right about. 🥰

Believe we both thought he was better than his 3* ranking.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

One TX player you bias was right about. 🥰

Believe we both thought he was better than his 3* ranking.

Very undervalued and is still being so, IMO

17 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

See, he really likes you!

I don't ever go into dick mode like that unless I respect the person I'm talking to. If I spend (waste) that much time and breath, it's because I think someone is worthy of it.

And, no, I don't think that what I consider worthy should matter one damned bit to anyone here, lol. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Agreed. If he stays, I think he's a major part of our offense and probably has the biggest jump in production of any player. Quite possibly our primary red zone target *now*. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You think he's being undervalued by the Auburn fanbase?

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't ever go into dick mode like that unless I respect the person I'm talking to. If I spend (waste) that much time and breath, it's because I think someone is worthy of it.

And, no, I don't think that what I consider worthy should matter one damned bit to anyone here, lol. 

❤️ you too

• Haha 1

you guys get a room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Not surprising at all.  

I'll also say, I really don't think it's a matter of people at Auburn not believing in him.  Just never could show consistent accuracy on his throws in practices.  Great athlete though.  I hope he finds a landing spot where he can play.  I suspect it'll be at a lower level FBS or perhaps an FCS school.

But how do we know this if he didn't get a chance to show it in live action? The same was said about Malik but he has proven differently. At this point when it comes to QBs at AU i don't believe the intel until it's shown on the field to be true or not that a QB doesn't have what it takes. 

Who knows if DD was the answer to our question but I still don't understand why he wasn't given at least 1 series to see what he could do when we clearly didn't have an answer at QB. 

Some guys are just gamers and may not look great in practice. And vice versa. I don't see why DD could be a repeat of Malik if he goes to the right place that will actually give him an opportunity. I don't think he was given a real opportunity here for many reasons but he stayed loyal as long as he could. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Why do people keep doing this to themselves?  A week into spring & he was at the bottom of the DC, behind a true freshman, was observed during public viewing sessions to be inaccurate vs air, and last year couldn't beat out walk-ons.

The kid has a great attitude and I hope he ends up well, but there is absolutely nothing factual that he would have done well last year or this year.

Ppl need to stop making this excuse.  Harsin would play him if he was the best QB and he could lead Auburn to wins.  

And how do you know this for a fact? People assumed the same thing about Malik. It's people go to statement when a player leaves AU. It's not rocket science that DD would be 3rd or 4th on a roster with 2 QBs that actually have live playing time. Plus a true freshman QB that AU will redshirt.

I don't care what anyone says, live experience is a factor. It's clear that's it a big factor with Harsin. And i don't have a problem with that at all. But it's also one of the reasons why some question if Harsin is actually telling the truth that this year will be a true QB competition regardless of game experience. 

But let's not act like DD is JF3 without him even getting the chance to show anything in live action. We can't say what he is or isn't until he can get in a game experience.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is all I'll say on the matter.

Dee can absolutely be an SEC level QB. Thinking otherwise requires very little nuance in ones thinking.  Many said very similar things when Willis was run off and they were very wrong about him too.

Thank you Dee for trying everything you could to make it work. This isn't on you or your considerable abilities. Right place wrong time type of thing. Good luck and continue to focus on your successes.

Very well stated!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am hoping he hooks up with Liberty myself and was looking to see if any others thought like me.

I hope so and I hope not. :poke:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

And how do you know this for a fact? People assumed the same thing about Malik. It's people go to statement when a player leaves AU. It's not rocket science that DD would be 3rd or 4th on a roster with 2 QBs that actually have live playing time. Plus a true freshman QB that AU will redshirt.

I don't care what anyone says, live experience is a factor. It's clear that's it a big factor with Harsin. And i don't have a problem with that at all. But it's also one of the reasons why some question if Harsin is actually telling the truth that this year will be a true QB competition regardless of game experience. 

But let's not act like DD is JF3 without him even getting the chance to show anything in live action. We can't say what he is or isn't until he can get in a game experience.

Locked on Auburn made a good point with that this morning. There's millions of dollars in salaries on the line. The coaches aren't going to purposefully not play a guy just for the hell of it. While I agree that Harsin values experience, he has history of playing what he feels is the best guy regardless of age or experience. Both Rypien and Bachmeier played as freshmen. Very possible this ends up a huge mistake. Very possible it doesnt. We'll see

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I do hope DD finds the right fit with a coach that is able to maximize his talent at the next level. Still don’t get why these guys run to Gus other than he is very personable. Definitely would be nice to see him at Liberty 

It's crazy to me if Liberty has interest and he goes elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, au302 said:

Locked on Auburn made a good point with that this morning. There's millions of dollars in salaries on the line. The coaches aren't going to purposefully not play a guy just for the hell of it. While I agree that Harsin values experience, he has history of playing what he feels is the best guy regardless of age or experience. Both Rypien and Bachmeier played as freshmen. Very possible this ends up a huge mistake. Very possible it doesnt. We'll see

I applaud Harsin for not putting DD in bad situations but at the same time when we had QBs that were hurt, he had no one ready. I'm still supporting Harsin but I want a true QB competition at AU. Regardless of experience. To me, that goes beyond just practice, spring, summer, etc. I am one that needs to see it with my own eyes. Especially with the questionable QB evaluation history of AU. 

There were several opportunities during the year (especially after Bo) and after we blew games to see what we had in DD. I don't think asking for 2 or 3 series to confirm or deny a coaches assumptions that he may have when it comes to practice was much to ask. Ok, fine, not during the season...we went to the Birmingham Bowl; and still nothing. lol. 

SEC is a lot different level than Boise when it comes to QB. Again i just hope it's a true QB competition and if or when we're seeing sub par QB play, we have a plan for the backup and not afraid to put him in.

I understand that timing and fit could not have hit DD at the worst time. I just can't understand when people state that it's fact they know what he was or wasn't when he wasn't given a chance to show it a real game. We've had QBs in the past that were so called great in practice but were lack luster in games. 

• Like 3

Malik Willis meet Joey Gatewood. For fans and probably coaches alike, this is not an exact science. Too much subjective personal agendas going on. But there is something to how a QB fits a scheme and system. That does matter more so then not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He couldn't beat out walk-ons last year and was below every scholarship QB on the roster after a week (even Tr Freshman), but OK.  If you want to keep believing he was really good and our coaches are just stupid, then have at it.  

He's not Malik.  He doesn't have a fraction of Malik's arm talent and is at least 4 inches shorter.  Him being unable to complete passes vs air in open practices....but surely he'd been able to do it in a live game.

And to your point of "It's what ppl say when a player leaves"....false.  Go search my history.  I've been extremely consistent that DD would never play meaningful snaps for Auburn and wasn't fooled by HS stats.  I've question Harsin plenty and been highly critical of him, so we can cross that one off too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Malik Willis meet Joey Gatewood. For fans and probably coaches alike, this is not an exact science. Too much subjective personal agendas going on. But there is something to how a QB fits a scheme and system. That does matter more so then not.

I can agree on that. Bad timing for the kid. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

There were several opportunities during the year (especially after Bo) and after we blew games to see what we had in DD.

One small note: After Bo, we only had one score games. 

As for games earlier in the season, it was pretty clear that QB2 needed all the work he could get. Also, don't forget that he won the GSU game for us. 

The bowl game is plenty debatable, but there wasn't really much opportunity for Davis earlier in the season. Not when Harsin and Bobo had such a heavy lift just to get Bo up to speed, much less QB2. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I can agree on that. Bad timing for the kid. 

This could be a blessing in disguise for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He couldn't beat out walk-ons last year and was below every scholarship QB on the roster after a week (even Tr Freshman), but OK.  If you want to keep believing he was really good and our coaches are just stupid, then have at it.  

He's not Malik.  He doesn't have a fraction of Malik's arm talent and is at least 4 inches shorter.  Him being unable to complete passes vs air in open practices....but surely he'd been able to do it in a live game.

And to your point of "It's what ppl say when a player leaves"....false.  Go search my history.  I've been extremely consistent that DD would never play meaningful snaps for Auburn and wasn't fooled by HS stats.  I've question Harsin plenty and been highly critical of him, so we can cross that one off too.

Please tell me how do you know this for a fact? FACTS. How do you know Harsin didn't play him simply because he didn't have in game experience? You don't know for fact. No one does. 

You can say that NOW about Malik since he's going to be a top drafted QB. But did you have the same comments about Malik BEFORE going to Liberty and playing? If so, please show me where you stated such. If not, then like i said..he got an opportunity. He was buried on the depth chart at AU. Kyler Murray is short..did you say the same about him?

All i'm saying is let's not resort to saying a QB wasn't any good without ANY live game performances to back up that statement. There could be a number of reasons why he didn't play. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One small note: After Bo, we only had one score games. 

As for games earlier in the season, it was pretty clear that QB2 needed all the work he could get. Also, don't forget that he won the GSU game for us. 

The bowl game is plenty debatable, but there wasn't really much opportunity for Davis earlier in the season. Not when Harsin and Bobo had such a heavy lift just to get Bo up to speed, much less QB2. 

I can agree early in the season. I wouldn't want him in those situations as a young SEC QB. However, as time went on, I don't think a series or two was too much to ask for. And certainly not the bowl game.