Auburn is trending upwards with the 2023 prospects

Zeek

13 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

We were high on his list in the fall before the December mess that Harsin went through. I could see the scenario where the dust settling has reopened his eyes a bit.

Hope so.

56 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

We were high on his list in the fall before the December mess that Harsin went through. I could see the scenario where the dust settling has reopened his eyes a bit.

Hmmm so the mess that Harsin was put thru in Dec affected recruiting..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

My sarcasm radar is going off.

Just the same, I'll answer: of course it did. Who suggested otherwise?

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The usual suspects

Names and quotes, please. I never saw anyone say the mess couldn't have or didn't affect recruiting. So, names with quotes, or this is just more of your mindless blather.

Edited by Mikey

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Names and quotes, please. I never saw anyone say the mess couldn't have or didn't affect recruiting. So, names with quotes, or this is just more of your mindless blather.

Why are u assuming I'm talking about you? It was well documented when anyone  would bring up the fact that the whole witch hunt last Dec would hurt recruiting,  they were labeled as excuses as to why Harsin wasn't recruiting well. I'm not going to go back and look for quotes or names . The board knows who they are. Your last sentence may be the most ironic sentence ever posted on this board 😅

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

He left us out of his top 5 b/c we didn't visit him until the last day or so of the January contact period.  I'm pretty sure that was before the investigation.

What's more, seems the staff adjusted and went to see them the 1st day they could of this evaluation period.

Edited by W.E.D

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

would bring up the fact that the whole witch hunt last Dec would hurt recruiting,

What do you think happened in December?

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What do you think happened in December?

The investigation turned up nothing that would be grounds to terminate Harsins contract. He was prob told things he needed to work on. As far as recruiting, it was the perception of what went down that hurt AU. Negative recruiting happens. Dec/ Jan time frame. What's your take?

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Um, all that stuff happened in February. It started literally on NSD, when Harsin failed to get a single new signature. 

How that stuff was handled was clumsy and misguided at best, but y'all have got to get your cause-effect relationships straight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The investigation turned up nothing that would be grounds to terminate Harsins contract. He was prob told things he needed to work on. As far as recruiting, it was the perception of what went down that hurt AU. Negative recruiting happens. Dec/ Jan time frame. What's your take?

The "Fiasco of February" as I like to refer to that sH!t$how is when that investigation went public and was aired for the entire country to see immediately after NSD, it wasn't resolved or stated that CBH was keeping his job until 2/18/22. 

Whatever happened in December??? (thank goodness) must have been kept out of the public & away from social media because I don't recall reading a mess in Dec. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He left us out of his top 5 b/c we didn't visit him until the last day or so of the January contact period.  I'm pretty sure that was before the investigation.

What's more, seems the staff adjusted and went to see them the 1st day they could of this evaluation period.

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Um, all that stuff happened in February. It started literally on NSD, when Harsin failed to get a single new signature. 

How that stuff was handled was clumsy and misguided at best, but y'all have got to get your cause-effect relationships straight.

You're both correct, the actual event happened in February.

I'm thinking of the rumors and transfers/coaches leaving that started in December/January, not the public happenings. My bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That happened in mid February.  Not December.

Sure, negative recruiting happens.  But look at the amount of visits.  Look at "Dukes the Scoops" comments from elite 7v7 camps in Atlanta recently.  Hell, look at direct comments from recruits themselves.  The week long investigation isn't really a huge deterrence.  It was a blip on the radar and much more "chatter" on message boards than anywhere else.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That happened in mid February.  Not December.

Sure, negative recruiting happens.  But look at the amount of visits.  Look at "Dukes the Scoops" comments from elite 7v7 camps in Atlanta recently.  Hell, look at direct comments from recruits themselves.  The week long investigation isn't really a huge deterrence.  It was a blip on the radar and much more "chatter" on message boards than anywhere else.

My point was , whenever the investigation happened, it had a negative effect on recruiting. That simply can't be disputed. Now, if that is a blip on the radar or a non issue now, then great. That would just speak to the great job Harsin has done by overcoming the negative press etc.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

That simply can't be disputed.

When everyone says otherwise (literally countless recruits and their coaches), the mass quantity of visitors we're getting, and no one is even talking about it anymore...what can't it be disputed?

That would just speak to the great job Harsin has done by overcoming the negative press etc.

To me....Sounds like we've overcome it and everything is fine.  Weird

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

When everyone says otherwise (literally countless recruits and their coaches), the mass quantity of visitors we're getting, and no one is even talking about it anymore...what can't it be disputed?

To me....Sounds like we've overcome it and everything is fine.  Weird

Edited by NWALA Tiger

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok so just to be clear.. U don't think the investigation hurt AU in recruiting at all and nothing had to be overcome? Regardless how much effort or time had to go into it to clean the mess up.

13 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok so just to be clear.. U don't think the investigation hurt AU in recruiting at all and nothing had to be overcome? Regardless how much effort or time had to go into it to clean the mess up.

It was a blip on the radar.  It's not effecting us.  We had a ton of recruits consistently visit for spring practice and before spring practice shortly after Harsin was "cleared".

The drama was on message boards.  It's not having any lasting impact.  Unless recruits are lying about it...I guess that could be your take. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It was a blip on the radar.  It's not effecting us.  We had a ton of recruits consistently visit for spring practice and before spring practice shortly after Harsin was "cleared".

The drama was on message boards.  It's not having any lasting impact.  Unless recruits are lying about it...I guess that could be your take. 

K. It's refreshing to see so many people excited about Harsin and the job he is doing on the recruiting trail

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

K. It's refreshing to see so many people excited about Harsin and the job he is doing on the recruiting trail

We are getting people here.  Just need to start closing on some kids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Y’all are going to have to drop that. It happened. It happened in no small part because of CBH. But he was retained and given another chance.

If he can’t right the ship, he can’t right the ship. Don’t pretend it started sinking in February.

I understand it made things worse, but it is what it is. If there’s no hope he can turn it around we should have fired him a couple months ago, so I don’t know why CBH supporters keep saying this. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Y’all are going to have to drop that. It happened. It happened in no small part because of CBH. But he was retained and given another chance.

If he can’t right the ship, he can’t right the ship. Don’t pretend it started sinking in February.

I understand it made things worse, but it is what it is. If there’s no hope he can turn it around we should have fired him a couple months ago, so I don’t know why CBH supporters keep saying this. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If anything, the Fiasco of February forced CBH & his crew to open up to the media and the recruiting sites, let folks (fans) know how hard they are working on the recruiting trail.  There's no way his superiors didn't tell him he had to spread himself around and make a serious effort to visit the big time high schools within a 2-3 hour radius of Auburn.  Walk in the school, introduce yourself to the likes of Thompson HS & Montgomery Catholic, etc. - let the coaches see you and build a relationship with them.  He's new to these parts and he has to sell Auburn Football to a lot of folks. Things HAD to change and the investigation was productive in making that change. 

An article was released soon after the investigation stating he'd been here over a year and hadn't made the effort to visit those places that are less than an hour from Auburn.  I looks like he's done a 180 and he and his staff have taken those critiques positively and with the help of the AU Administration (likely AD Greene) they are on the trail with a freaking mission right now.   

He's given us something to be excited about and IF he turns hard work into an improved recruiting class while addressing the roster needs, we'll be even more excited for the future.  

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 2