Auburn is trending upwards with the 2023 prospects

Zeek

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

An article was released soon after the investigation stating he'd been here over a year and hadn't made the effort to visit those places that are less than an hour from Auburn.

Wasn't even so much visit, he didn't even call them or have a skype call with 'em.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Wasn't even so much visit, he didn't even call them or have a skype call with 'em.

Water over the bridge as what we are seeing now is a total outreach by Harsin and staff.  The fact that he can change so much in such a short period of time speaks well for the man.

We are definitely seeing the work being put in by Harsin and staff. The other half of the equation is the NIL side, if we can't at least come close to matching the big dog's on NIL money the hard work won't matter. Sadly there is no real way to track how well we are doing on that front as University is not directly involved in it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The fact that he can change so much in such a short period of time speaks well for the man.

Right, I've said this as a positive in conjunction with prior complaints I've had.  He's evolved, which is great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Why are u assuming I'm talking about you?

I'm not.

It was well documented when anyone  would bring up the fact that the whole witch hunt last Dec would hurt recruiting,  they were labeled as excuses as to why Harsin wasn't recruiting well.

It was well documented? That posters here said the investigation would not hurt recruiting? Then post a link to such quotes. If you can't, then your statement is false.

I'm not going to go back and look for quotes or names .

What a surprise! LMAO. So, it's put up or shut up time and all you can do is shut up. The next time, remember the egg all over your face before you make a false statement.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm not.

It was well documented? That posters here said the investigation would not hurt recruiting? Then post a link to such quotes. If you can't, then your statement is false.

What a surprise! LMAO. So, it's put up or shut up time and all you can do is shut up. The next time, remember the egg all over your face before you make a false statement.

🤣

Edited by NWALA Tiger

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Right, I've said this as a positive in conjunction with prior complaints I've had.  He's evolved, which is great.

Amen!

I think maybe CBH & his staff didn't quite realize what they were stepping into when they entered SEC hot bed.  I don't think he could have known he'd be working under a 365 day microscope and the job is relentless with very few days off.  How could he be prepared or understood the level of competition amped up to elite level and that he has to go toe to toe with the best recruiters in the nation every day?  

It is unfortunate that it took an investigation which was allowed to go public to make a change, but I commend him for accepting the critique and his willingness to adjust for the good of Auburn. 

22 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We are definitely seeing the work being put in by Harsin and staff. The other half of the equation is the NIL side, if we can't at least come close to matching the big dog's on NIL money the hard work won't matter. Sadly there is no real way to track how well we are doing on that front as University is not directly involved in it.

I believe Auburn NIL is a confused mess right now with little to no direction, flip-flopping leadership and some varying opinions on how it should be administered.  It's spinning trying to find a solid plan to put in now that pay-for-play is legal.  When it's stated that our NIL has to raise $5million to meet the contract obligations for our current athletes, that tells me we aren't close to matching the big dogs NIL money. 

AU NIL can't be in a position where they have to skimp or short change the top prospects, because those guys will that money elsewhere.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 10:21 AM, shabby said:

I'm just going to state the obvious. Until some of these recruits start committing is there really a trend upwards? 

I question that myself.  Being in a recruit's top 10 or them stating that they were impressed does not give me goose bumps.

57 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I question that myself.  Being in a recruit's top 10 or them stating that they were impressed does not give me goose bumps.

You guys are correct until they commit or to be more exact until they sign the letter we don't have anything. What this is talking about is how so many top players are even giving us the time of day and putting us in the top 10 or top 5 or top 3.  This is an improvement in that we are still in the game. Like you I want to see some commits but for some reason at this time very few teams have a lot of commits from top players.  Maybe because NIL discussion's have changed the game and the kids are playing teams against each other to get the best bid.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You guys are correct until they commit or to be more exact until they sign the letter we don't have anything. What this is talking about is how so many top players are even giving us the time of day and putting us in the top 10 or top 5 or top 3.  This is an improvement in that we are still in the game. Like you I want to see some commits but for some reason at this time very few teams have a lot of commits from top players.  Maybe because NIL discussion's have changed the game and the kids are playing teams against each other to get the best bid.

Harsin and staff have to be in sync with those willing to spend to get recruits to sign.  If that doesn't happen, we will get some good kids, but they will be left overs that were first passed over by our competition.

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Maybe because NIL discussion's have changed the game and the kids are playing teams against each other to get the best bid.

Say it ain't so! Is there a single high 3* who doesn't have one or more "advisors" these days? I doubt it.