Devin Cambridge Enters Transfer Portal

Maverick.AU

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Here's the thing bro, bounceman had nothing to do with his shot, he was an extremely good cutter to the rim and a highlight reel waiting to happen bc of it. Not a single person here is happy with how he has shot the 3 the past 2 years but with the amount of effort he has given to this program,, he deserves respect on his way out.

Whoop There It Is GIF - Whoop There It Is GIFs

• Like 2

I really hate to see this. But I don’t blame him. I felt he was as good as Flanagan ( this season). I’ll be interested to see where he lands and hope it works for him!  

Well I hate to lose any talented and seasoned player, but if he didn't want to be at Auburn anymore then it was for the best.  It's definitely a surprise but I wish him well wherever he ends up.  I have always preferred Williams over DC and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Jaylin Williams stays.  After Williams had a great showing in 1st round of the tournament I was very surprised that he didn't get any real minutes against Miami, and if I were him I would have been a little pissed about that.  

Edited by BHDAU1
missing word

Former Auburn wing Devan Cambridge transferring to Pac-12 program

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com
3-4 minutes

Devan Cambridge

Auburn guard Devan Cambridge (35) goes up for a dunk during the first of an NCAA college basketball game against Georgia, Saturday, Feb. 5, 2022, in Athens, Ga. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)AP

Devan Cambridge is headed west.

The former Auburn swingman, who entered the transfer portal last week after the Tigers’ season ended in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, committed to Arizona State on Thursday night along with his older brother, Desmond Cambridge, a transfer from Nevada. The brothers made public last week, shortly after they both entered the transfer portal, that they planned to be a package deal at their next desintation.

Read more Auburn hoops: What commitment of five-star big man Yohan Traore means for Auburn

Bruce Pearl eager to “build it back”: A look at Auburn’s potential 2022-23 roster

Revisiting the top moments from Auburn’s historic season

Devan Cambridge spent his first three seasons at Auburn and will have two years of eligibility remaining at Arizona State thanks to the free year of eligibility granted to athletes by the NCAA due to the pandemic.

Cambridge appeared in 33 of Auburn’s 34 games this season, making 14 starts early in the year after stepping into the starting role at small forward while Allen Flanigan recovered from a preseason Achilles injury. He averaged 5.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 19.5 minutes per game for Auburn, which experienced a historic season on the court. The Tigers won 19 straight games from late November to early February, went wire-to-wire in the SEC standings while claiming an outright regular-season conference title, climbed to No. 1 in the AP poll for the first time in program history and earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Cambridge appeared in 91 games across three seasons, averaging six points and 3.1 rebounds per game for his career. An explosive in-game dunker who was nicknamed “Bounceman,” Cambridge developed a penchant for bringing Auburn fans to their feet during his career. Just this season he had an alley-oop from Wendell Green Jr. off the backboard on the road against Georgia, a thunderous fastbreak dunk in the win against Kentucky, one in the final minutes of the Tigers’ opening-round NCAA Tournament win against Jacksonville State and a putback slam over four people in the team’s second-round loss to Miami.

While Cambridge’s dunking ability made him a fan favorite, he struggled to find his shooting touch after a freshman season in which he connected on 34.2 percent of his 3-pointers. He shot 28.7 percent on 5.3 attempts per game as a sophomore, and this past season he shot just 22.1 percent on 2.6 attempts per game. Despite those shooting woes, Cambridge developed into a quality defender and one of the team’s best offensive rebounders. He averaged 1.7 offensive rebounds per game and posted an offensive rebound rate of 9.2 percent.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 11:39 AM, tigeraddikt said:

Bounceman Out? bahahahahaha

more like Brickman Out.

These guys get paid to play and produce now. I think we can say what we think about their production, even if it hurts their, or anybody else’s, feelings.

Thanks, NIL

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Wishing him the best of luck finding success at ASU. Happy for him that he gets to play with his brother too! 

4 hours ago, jluvah said:

These guys get paid to play and produce now. I think we can say what we think about their production, even if it hurts their, or anybody else’s, feelings.

Thanks, NIL

Them getting NIL deals is not a license to treat them disrespectfully. We are adults.  We can critique production without calling names.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Them getting NIL deals is not a license to treat them disrespectfully. We are adults.  We can critique production without calling names.

Ok, let’s critique production. 22.1% from 3 point line this year for a guard who hardly ever attempted a 2 point shot if it wasn’t a dunk. Sadly, that 22.1% wasn’t the worst 3 point shooting from one of our guards. Bruce actually started a guard for most of the year who shot 20% from behind the line. And sat a guy who before he got hurt shot 47% from three!! A division 1 college guard should be able to shoot 33% minimum from 3 . Love Bruce but that’s poor player management and bad player production.( Not a single player’s name called)

• Like 1