2022 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Mark would really upgrade us. Everything we were weak at is a strength for him. He can shoot, he's a facilitator, he can handle the ball, he can defend, he was a 90% free throw shooter which it's great for your PG to be able to close games.

He's been undervalued and he embraced it. He's been proving people wrong every step of the way. He's not scared. Would be awesome

He has the numbers at a solid Mid-Major that validates everything you told us about him over last few years. If we had picked him up last year when due to NCAA and Injury we only had one true PG and that was for a very limited time we would have been so much better off.  I still want him as I said above but how to fit him in with all the other PG's and small guards we have Zep, Green, KD and Donaldson is the issue.  I believe Zep and Green are both gone after next year so maybe we can afford the luxury of having all of them if Kessler stays and we pick up Traore and SG or if Kessler goes we pick up Traore another big and a SG. I saw a couple of his games this year I think he is an upgrade on both Green and Zep at PG.

• Like 1

I was told we haven't contacted him unfortunately, and Alabama is at him hard, and the main reason he's transferring is because to be closer to home.

Looks like we're going to let bammer have him

• Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I was told we haven't contacted him unfortunately, and Alabama is at him hard, and the main reason he's transferring is because to be closer to home.

Looks like we're going to let bammer have him

Cmon not bammer

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Cmon not bammer

With Davison leaving, I'm sure bama went after him pretty hard.  Sucks to have them shoring up needs.

Anybody heard anything about Keon Ellis and Auburn?  Is that a real possibility?

Edited by AUDevil

19 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

With Davison leaving, I'm sure bama went after him pretty hard.  Sucks to have them shoring up needs.

Anybody heard anything about Keon Ellis and Auburn?  Is that a real possibility?

Oh I'm sure Nate is trying but dang hate seeing them get guys I want at Auburn lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

If Sears wants to come, I think Auburn would take him.

Not sure about that. Early word is he may end up at Bama, partially because AU may not take him.

19 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

We’ve also contacted Oregon State’s leading scorer Jarod Lucas, a 6’3 guard from CA.

@Dunndone414Where did you see that?

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Anybody heard anything about Keon Ellis and Auburn? 

Yes

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Is that a real possibility?

TBD.

Hey Everyone! I couldn't help myself and finally had to join so I could participate. Moved to Kansas due to the Air Force (now out), but my heart stayed in Alabama (and with Auburn). This year, basketball was my saving grace after a rocky football season, and even though we crashed out of the tourney, I am still very excited about what Bruce has built.

Being in Kansas, I get to see alot of Big 12 basketball, and I saw that Nigel Pack hit the transfer portal (First Team All Big 12). Is there any chance we are reaching out to him to gauge interest? He's an undersized guard (Bruce has good history with those), and he can shoot. 43.6% from 3pt, 17.4 pts/game, and he can handle the ball well. I feel like he'd be able to provide alot of what we were missing from our guard play this year. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Hey Everyone! I couldn't help myself and finally had to join so I could participate. Moved to Kansas due to the Air Force (now out), but my heart stayed in Alabama (and with Auburn). This year, basketball was my saving grace after a rocky football season, and even though we crashed out of the tourney, I am still very excited about what Bruce has built.

Being in Kansas, I get to see alot of Big 12 basketball, and I saw that Nigel Pack hit the transfer portal (First Team All Big 12). Is there any chance we are reaching out to him to gauge interest? He's an undersized guard (Bruce has good history with those), and he can shoot. 43.6% from 3pt, 17.4 pts/game, and he can handle the ball well. I feel like he'd be able to provide alot of what we were missing from our guard play this year. 

Welcome to AUF KansasT post often

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Is there any chance we are reaching out to him to gauge interest?

Always a chance but I haven't seen any word yet.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Has anybody got a list of confirmed transfers we have reached out to?

Nope. Pay sites aren't even taking that step. Just kinda have to piece them together as reports come in. Most of the names that AU has reportedly contacted are in this thread now.

13 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

There is a mass exodus taking place in Baton Rouge. Anyone know if we might go after a Xavier Pinson or a Shareef O’Neal or a Mwani Wilkinson?

I want the Tiger. We’ll rename him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

There is a mass exodus taking place in Baton Rouge. Anyone know if we might go after a Xavier Pinson or a Shareef O’Neal or a Mwani Wilkinson?

Xavier Pinson doesn't help out in the area of needs for us. Shareef O'Neal has done nothing in 3 seasons at UCLA and LSU. Only averaging 2 points and 2.5 rebounds. And Mwani is about the same. I wouldn't want any of them over some of the other guys in the portal.

• Like 1

Yep. Now 11 players have left. 

easy to leave now. But also easier to fill a competitive team. 

9 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Welcome to AUF KansasT post often

Put him on ignore, KT.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

@War to the Eagle Brandon Murray is the only LSU transfer so far that's been mentioned with AU interest & contact FWIW.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I gave an earful in if we are doing in state how Auburn is a much better choice than bammer.......

• Like 5
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I gave an earful in if we are doing in state how Auburn is a much better choice than bammer.......

Bring it home, man!

• Like 3

I can't pretend as if I genuinely am going to be hurt if we upgrade the point guard position, but I would really wonder how getting Sears affects the current roster

Seeing as how Cook held a scholarship, I suppose it's just replacing him, but you actually gotta give this fella minutes unlike Cook. This also makes sense if Tre just redshirts or does football for a year or whatever

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can't pretend as if I genuinely am going to be hurt if we upgrade the point guard position, but I would really wonder how getting Sears affects the current roster

Despite what they have said on social media, if we upgrade the PG position Zep or Green may look to move on.

• Like 2