2022 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

Wonder if we have any interest in PGs…Pack or Ramey. Pack is an automatic bucket. Ramey is very experienced 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Wonder if we have any interest in PGs…Pack or Ramey. Pack is an automatic bucket. Ramey is very experienced 

IMO it would be foolish not to at least ask. I think Pack is one of the top 2 best players in the portal and fills a big need for us. It may be a moot point. The feeling of some around here in Kansas is that Purdue may be tough to beat with him being an Indianapolis native. Tennessee, Duke, Gonzaga, Arizona, Xavier, Miami, tOSU, NC State, and Marquette all inquired so far. He will be in high demand.

• Like 1

For anyone that has an ON3 account. The article that was posted yesterday states Auburn is keying in on two big men. Who are the two big men Auburn is keying in on to replace Kessler? Its a premium content article.

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/auburn-working-on-2-big-men-to-replace-nba-bound-walker-kessler/

6 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

IMO it would be foolish not to at least ask. I think Pack is one of the top 2 best players in the portal and fills a big need for us. It may be a moot point. The feeling of some around here in Kansas is that Purdue may be tough to beat with him being an Indianapolis native. Tennessee, Duke, Gonzaga, Arizona, Xavier, Miami, tOSU, NC State, and Marquette all inquired so far. He will be in high demand.

Agree. Kid is major. He was the only reason i'd watch a K. State game. He hit several klutch shots as well. We should at least try. But you're right, he'll be in very high demand. Ramsey is good when he's aggressive. Pack is just an auto plug and let him go. 

2 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

For anyone that has an ON3 account. The article that was posted yesterday states Auburn is keying in on two big men. Who are the two big men Auburn is keying in on to replace Kessler? Its a premium content article.

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/auburn-working-on-2-big-men-to-replace-nba-bound-walker-kessler/

@Tiger720The same 2 you and I have already discussed. Bates and Broome.

• Like 2

Sears today: 

“There's a lot of schools reaching out to me but Mississippi State, Georgetown, Texas, Alabama, and Miami are the ones that check in on me daily,” he said. “Right now I'm trying to get some visits situated but I've done a virtual visit with Mississippi State and I'm supposed to do one with Georgetown today. I'm going to try to get up to Alabama's A- Day game. I think that will be the day my visit will be. I'm also trying to get out to Miami, Texas and Georgetown as well. I plan on taking all those visits before I decide.”

Maybe this will put the Sears to AU talk to bed (after what, 3 years?)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Sears today: 

“There's a lot of schools reaching out to me but Mississippi State, Georgetown, Texas, Alabama, and Miami are the ones that check in on me daily,” he said. “Right now I'm trying to get some visits situated but I've done a virtual visit with Mississippi State and I'm supposed to do one with Georgetown today. I'm going to try to get up to Alabama's A- Day game. I think that will be the day my visit will be. I'm also trying to get out to Miami, Texas and Georgetown as well. I plan on taking all those visits before I decide.”

It’s a head fake! It means he’s in the bag!

8 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Sears today: 

I think it's always been a should more than a would thing. The only game I've followed from the kid was literally his worst, but he seems pretty solid. I'd take him over Zep or KD if we were trading roster spots and you could magically get him up to speed on chemistry

Also, 3 of those 5 programs have a ton of high-end guard talent, so at least he's got some good eyes boosting him. I don't think we'd entirely view it as a Pearl miss if Cole didn't let us know he and his fam were big Auburn people (which is perfectly fine btw), but it would've been a good story at a former position of need yknow 

I'm just glad UAB has the prestige slowly building to keep guys like that in state. No reason that kid should have to go all the way to Ohio. They offered him back when but they didn't have Kennedy then iirc. I think if he had a do-over, he'd definitely give them a second look

On 4/1/2022 at 9:51 PM, ellitor said:

@War to the Eagle Brandon Murray is the only LSU transfer so far that's been mentioned with AU interest & contact FWIW.

All signs pointing to Murray to Georgetown. The assistant that recruited him to LSU is now there, and he’s from the area. Illinois and Tennessee are the other contenders. 

On to the next SG target.

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

All signs pointing to Murray to Georgetown. The assistant that recruited him to LSU is now there, and he’s from the area. Illinois and Tennessee are the other contenders. 

On to the next SG target.

Yeah. Didn't post this a couple days ago when it was reported but AU had already cancelled BM;s scheduled visit to AU & moved on.

• Like 1

image.gif.6b92310db33134b427ce22fb670fec3c.gif

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 12:59 PM, Dunndone414 said:

Sears today: 

Nah I'll continue to talk about him, like I said it looks like bammer

• Like 1

Something changed his mind to commit now.  Probably told the spot could disappear?  This transfer market goes fast.  Coaches can't wait. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sears committed to Bama.

Don’t like this at all…seems like one of those guys that will be extra motivated to beat us.

I saw Sears play in high school. He is a good player. I have no idea how hard Bruce recruited him. He will fit in good in Bammers system. Although  that system reminds me of the basketball version of Gus.  Too gimmicky for my taste. I'm sure all the Bammers in my neck of the woods are happy

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Don’t like this at all…seems like one of those guys that will be extra motivated to beat us.

I would imagine they're extra motivated to kick everyone's ass if Nate Oats is even half decent in the cheerleader dept. Really embarrassing affair for them in SEC play and certainly the tournaments 

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Too gimmicky for my taste. I

How is a basketball system gimmicky?

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nah I'll continue to talk about him, like I said it looks like bammer

Here is an interesting question:  When Auburn plays Alabama next year, who would you cheer for?  I think that would be tough to answer since he is family.

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No mid range game.

That describes most of college basketball and the NBA.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That describes most of college basketball and the NBA.

True. But,, not to the extent Bama does it.  IMO

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1