2022 5* Wing/Big Julian Phillips Commits to Vols

ellitor

7 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Rane is? I hope he has some experienced NIL GURUS to help him out.  
this NIL has to be top level moving forward to draw these top level kids now. 
so Davidson is totally out?

Here's just an example of how's things are starting to change 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 2

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Here's just an example of how's things are starting to change 

I saw this story and thought about making a thread about it in the rivals section. The was obviously bound to happen with the deals getting bigger and bigger each year. Existing players were going to start seeing that new players get more money and be unhappy about that....and i think its fair for him to be upset. I know in my work place if i found out a new hire with less experience got paid more money than myself i would have a talk with my boss and if i was not happy with the result i would look for employment elsewhere. 

But i also hope AU stays out of any bidding wars for players. Offer them a fair package and if they don't like it let them go get paid whatever they think they are worth. There are probably going to be some sob stories in the coming years about players being misled by agents into thinking they could get big bucks in the portal and then that money never materializes. It'll be great lessons for those players on the risks you take in the real world. No one is guaranteed a soft landing spot when you jump!

• Like 1

Who is Christian Clemente is he the type of person that has serious gravitas or just somebody posting his own thoughts.

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

But i also hope AU stays out of any bidding wars for players.

In 1 now right here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Who is Christian Clemente is he the type of person that has serious gravitas or just somebody posting his own thoughts.

@AuburnNTexasCovers football & bball recruiting for AU Rivals. He's solid.

10 minutes ago, pod said:

That forecast was on April 27th so far there has been no announcement. 

@podThat was a prediction. JP is expected to make his decision next week.

• Like 1

Wishful thinking, but if we get both Broome and Phillips, we will have an impressive starting 5 with nice players surrounding them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@podThat was a prediction. JP is expected to make his decision next week.

if i am messing you up el just tell me. i am trying to help but you guys might not want nor need it.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

if i am messing you up el just tell me. i am trying to help but you guys might not want nor need it.

You’re fine. Just putting all the Philips stuff in his thread.

52 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

the guy that was supposedly selfish and thought he was bigger than the team

Where has this been said by any reputable source?

Anyway big ups for Flanigan pushing for a guy who very well could be taking his starting job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Where has this been said by any reputable source?

Anyway big ups for Flanigan pushing for a guy who very well could be taking his starting job.

If you consider a reputable source folks who don’t watch much basketball then give emotion based analyses of players, often 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you consider a reputable source folks who don’t watch much basketball then give emotion based analyses of players, often 

My point is I don't care what fans think. Regardless I haven't seen anyone, fan, reporter, nor insider say or imply AF is being selfish through his struggles.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My point is I don't care what fans think. Regardless I haven't seen anyone, fan, reporter, nor insider say or imply AF is being selfish through his struggles.

That’s fair if you don’t or haven’t, I don’t see how that relates to my post. I don’t make posts for what others want to see. However if you do want posts that speak to the contrary of what you’re saying, I can find those. 

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s fair if you don’t or haven’t, I don’t see how that relates to my post. I don’t make posts for what others want to see. However if you do want posts that speak to the contrary of what you’re saying, I can find those. 

In the same vein I don't see the point of your OP. It was a useless, senseless jab.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:19 PM, Maverick.AU said:

I thought having an agent/rep made you ineligible for NCAA sports?

Edited by oracle79

48 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I thought having an agent/rep made you ineligible for NCAA sports?

@oracle79Not by default. NCAA has an approved agent list that doesn't affect college eligibility.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

Phillips is committing this weekend. Tennessee is still the plan 

That only a few more hours.