Softball vs Kentucky series

Fly out to McCondichie.

AUBURN WINS 6-3!! Penta with a great complete game to save Lowe's and Dismukes' arms for the 3rd game.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Just for fun (and apropos of nothing on this thread), I checked the roster and stats of Louisville.  Carmyn Greenwood is still there, playing as a graduate, and leading the team offensively, hitting .417 with 8 homers.  Her sister Cassady has only appeared in 6 games and has no hits.  Chardonnay Harris is 6-6 on the year (Louisville is 17-12) with an ERA of 5.25.

• Thanks 1

Game 3 starting at 12! Lowe is on the mound for Auburn as they go for the first SEC road series win! Almost the same exact lineup as yesterday except Lisenby is getting the rare start (only the 3rd one in a month) in place of Godwin. Gotta hope for a strong performance from Lowe!

Great defense again in the Kentucky outfield as Packer gets robbed of a bloop single by a nice diving catch.

Peralta strikes out on 3 pitches. Blaine also strikes out.

0-0 B1st

Leadoff batter hits a grounder right to Lowe. Easy out 1.

Liner just out of the reach of the diving Roach at SS for a single.

Hard hit liner to Packer for out 2 but an error throwing it back into first. Runner moves to 2nd. Can't keep making these stupid mistakes. No point really in throwing the ball back to 1st to try to get that runner.

Single and error don't matter as Lowe gets the Abernathy to strikeout!

Garcia, Ellis, Lisenby up.

0-0 T2nd

Dismukes already warming up for Auburn just in case.

Garcia fights off a couple 0-2 pitches before another nice play in RF gets her to fly out.

ELLIS WITH A BOMB!!!!

1-0 Auburn

Edited by tgrogan21

Nice job by Lisbenby on a 2 strike count to get a single. She definitely needed that after struggling the last month.

Damn! Hard hit ball to SS but able to double up Lisenby. Just hit it right to the SS.

1-0 Auburn B2nd.

Love having Lisenby's energy behind the plate. I've missed watching her.

Every strike Lisenby is fired up! Gets a strikeout to the first batter! ANOTHER Strikeout! ANOTHER STRIKEOUT! 4 already for Lowe!

Roach, McCondichie, Packer up.

1-0 Auburn T3rd

Roach grounds out to the pitcher.

McCondichie grounds out on a bunt attempt. Her bat hit the ball as she dropped it.

Packer pops up. 6 pitches 3 outs.

1-0 Auburn B3rd

I saw Lowe take a moment to gather herself before that last strikeout pitch.  I wonder if it's been injury or something mental with her recent struggles or maybe a little of both.  But she composed herself and threw a perfect pitch.  She looks more to form today. 

• Like 2

Bunt attempt and Peralta gets the runner at 1st.

3 pitch strikeout!!! Lowe is freaking dealing!

Announcers already commenting on Lisenby's energy. Saying it might be helping out Lowe to get her in the game.

Single that was a hot shot to Peralta. No way Peralta could handle it. But Lowe gets a ground out on the next pitch.

1-0 Auburn

Peralta, Blaine, Garcia coming up for Auburn.

When you struggle, the ball finds you doesn't it?  Peralta with a hot shot and she can't catch it.  Runner safe at first. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I saw Lowe take a moment to gather herself before that last strikeout pitch.  I wonder if it's been injury or something mental with her recent struggles or maybe a little of both.  But she composed herself and threw a perfect pitch.  She looks more to form today. 

I wonder if what the announcers said about Lisenby might be true. Having her behind the plate giving that energy might fire Lowe up as well. Lisenby was starting early in the season when Lowe was dealing. And ever since Godwin has started behind the plate, Lowe has struggled. Who knows if Lowe just feeds off of that energy.

• Like 2

Peralta with a 4 pitch walk! Smith comes in to run for her.

Smith gets caught stealing. Her foot came off the bag after she reached safe.:(

BUT BLAINE WITH THE BOMB!

Hate that we ran ourselves out of a run.

2-0 Auburn

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I wonder if what the announcers said about Lisenby might be true. Having her behind the plate giving that energy might fire Lowe up as well. Lisenby was starting early in the season when Lowe was dealing. And ever since Godwin has started behind the plate, Lowe has struggled. Who knows if Lowe just feeds off of that energy.

Maddox used to have a specific catcher when he pitched. It's a thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Peralta with a 4 pitch walk! Smith comes in to run for her.

Smith gets caught stealing. Her foot came off the bag after she reached safe.:(

BUT BLAINE WITH THE BOMB!

Hate that we ran ourselves out of a run.

2-0 Auburn

With Blaine at bat, no need to steal despite our policy of going on first pitch 90%of the time. 

• Like 3

Lisenby gets up 3-1 but a ground out for out 3. It was a nice play by the infielder. A faster runner and it would have been a hit.

3-0 Auburn B4th

I was confused when I went back to the game and saw Bri going to dugout lol.  She hit that monster when I was chatting about Blaine haha. 

• Haha 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Lisenby gets up 3-1 but a ground out for out 3. It was a nice play by the infielder. A faster runner and it would have been a hit.

3-0 Auburn B4th

Kudos to Stoddard to make that play after being replaced in circle.  Must be nice to have a player that can just about play everywhere in field and lineup.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I was confused when I went back to the game and saw Bri going to dugout lol.  She hit that monster when I was chatting about Blaine haha. 

Just imagine how delayed I was trying to update baseball, softball, and edit tweets into posts. lol