Softball vs Kentucky series

I bet Kentucky fans are tired of seeing balls leave the yard with Oklahoma on Tuesday, then us this weekend. 

Abernathy gets a bit of revenge after her strikeout and gets a single up the middle.

Penta starting to get warmed up a bit faster as Dean comes to talk to Lowe.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Just imagine how delayed I was trying to update baseball, softball, and edit tweets into posts. lol

My stream must be really behind real time because you are rocking it faster than me coming over to discuss.  Lol

• Like 1

Bunt to Lowe, perfect throw and Cox just drops it. Looks like the ball comes out trying to transfer it from glove to hand. Play will be reviewed.

Edit: Call stands. Just a horrible mistake to make. Just catch the damn ball!

Edited by tgrogan21

Sac bunt. Both movers run up.

Pinch hitter for Kentucky and Lowe gets her to strike out on 3 pitches! ANOTHER STRIKEOUT!! Great job from Lowe to fight back after the homer and the error! 7 strikeouts to the best average hitting team in the SEC!

Cox, Roach, McCondichie coming up for Auburn.

3-1 Auburn T5th

Fantastic pitching by Lowe to get 2 critical Ks

• Like 1

Cox with an infield single right behind the 2nd base bag!! Geraghty running for Cox!

Single from Roach! Ball went from foul to fair real quick! McCondichie flies out.

Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out and the top of the lineup coming up to bat.

Poop. Packer struggling a bit the last few games with runners on base. Fielder's choice to 3rd base to get the lead runner.

Runners still on 1st and 2nd and now 2 out. Peralta grounds out. Rough 3 at bats after we get a huge opportunity. Would be nice to do something other than hit solo shots. lol

3-1 Auburn B6th

Crap another error through the SS legs that could have gotten us out of inning. 

2 pitch fly out to start the inning! Lowe has done a good job so far with only 58 pitches through 4.1 innings.

Ground out for out 2.

And another freaking error. This time by Roach at SS. Ball just goes right under her glove. Not doing Lowe any favors here.

Single and now runners on the corner. Should have been out of the inning and now we have to pitch to Abernathy.

Stolen base, no attempt on the throw.

SHELBY LOWE!!! GETS ABERNATHY TO STRIKEOUT AGAIN!

Blaine, Garcia, Ellis up.

3-1 Auburn T6th

Holy crap what a strikeout by Lowe. Schooled a 7 HR player with 2 on base. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Holy crap what a strikeout by Lowe. Schooled a 7 HR player with 2 on base. 

Shelby has pitched a gem this game. Against one of the best hitting teams.

• Like 1

Blaine gets ahead 3-0, pitcher fights back to a full-count and gets Blaine to ground out. Stoddard just continues to gobble up everything. That was a very nice play.

Garcia getting in on the hitting with a double!

Finally able to get Ellis to keep a ball in the stadium as she pops up on 1 pitch. Pretty sure Ellis has put the ball in play on 1st pitch all 3 times up.

Lisenby with a SINGLE AND RBI!!! She advances to 2nd on the throw!

Edit: Ground out from Cox to end our half inning.

4-1 Auburn! B6th

Edited by tgrogan21

Nice run.  It was needed.  The broadcast was going a bit crazy there.  At first I thought Bri hit another but it was a replay.  Then when Garcia scored, it put up 10 runs instead of 4 lol

Cox with her 2nd error and 2nd drop of the game. It was a bit tougher than the one before but still, you have to catch the ball.

Bunt sacrifice glad to get 1 out. Runner on 2nd.

• Like 1

1 pitch fly out! Lowe dealing with not a lot of pitches. Only 72 through 5.2!

STRIKEOUT ON 3 PITCHES!!!! NUMBER 9!!

Roach, McCondichie, Packer up!

4-1 Auburn T7th

Roach grounds out on 2 pitches. McCondichie flies out on 1 pitch. Packer strikes out.

Went down without a whimper in this inning.

3 more outs for Lowe! NO ERRORS, PLEASE!

4-1 Auburn B7th

Just now, steeleagle said:

So I thought she was dealing w an injury of some sort and the reason for her latest struggles? 

doesnt look it this game. 

I don't think it was ever confirmed. People just assumed, myself included, because of her rough outings the last several weeks. Maybe it was an injury and she healed but was dealing with mental issues in her last couple starts?

• Like 1

A bit pathetic effort that inning instead of putting up some insurance.  3 outs away with 3 run lead.  Please get the leadoff out.