Los Angeles is spending up to $837,000 to house a single homeless person

DKW 86

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well apparently, I must have misinterpreted your first two sentences, even with  my "above average" intelligence. :-\

What are you asking me? Apparently having a commutation problem.

Definition of Tone Deaf: Maxine Waters tells LA Homeless to "Go Home." The people in this meeting gave up 6 or more meetings to be able to meet her here. There was a bogus promise of PERMANENT HOUSING VOUCHERS THAT DAY. That was not true. This keeps happening over and over again.

One of the women is 77 years old. She was told to bring her paperwork there and was denied access to the office after 20 Minutes. 20 MINUTES later they closed the doors. They refused to take the applications of those there that did not get into the office. This ended with Waters threatening the press people there if they broadcast the story. 

Edited by DKW 86

On 3/26/2022 at 11:54 AM, jj3jordan said:

They used to say closed military base housing areas could be used for homeless or section 8. But the they decided they were SUBSTANDARD. So they did not use them.  Hey wait didn't I just live there 3 years ago on active duty???  Good enough for active duty military but not good enough for homeless or low income. 

quick paw get the camera............me and jj both agree on something. and also these places are substandard after them living in cardboard boxes? it is criminal how we treat our vets after we are done with them.

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

quick paw get the camera............me and jj both agree on something. and also these places are substandard after them living in cardboard boxes? it is criminal how we treat our vets after we are done with them.

Have you seen some of the buildings on McLellan lately? Some of it has been maintained really well and other parts look like something out of “I Am Legend”. Trees and vegetation growing through the buildings. Plenty of those could’ve been used for the less fortunate if they’d just been maintained minimally. We did a lot of our SWAT training in those buildings. I suppose it’s because they didn’t care if they were damaged. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Have you seen some of the buildings on McLellan lately? Some of it has been maintained really well and other parts look like something out of “I Am Legend”. Trees and vegetation growing through the buildings. Plenty of those could’ve been used for the less fortunate if they’d just been maintained minimally. We did a lot of our SWAT training in those buildings. I suppose it’s because they didn’t care if they were damaged. 

It’s called federal government.   It amazes me that people still have faith that the government could run health care or just about anything properly 

• Like 1