Republicans Keep Getting Fooled By Their Own Satire and Propaganda.

CoffeeTiger

Republicans are starting so many fake rumors and stories that they themselves can't keep up with what's true and what's not. 

A Nebraska Republican made an actual floor speech declaring that school children are identifying as cats, that schools are placing litter boxes for the students to use and that the students are meowing at teachers. 

This of course is all fake and is a regular rumor started around the country by Conservatives to attack transgender people. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.al.com/news/2022/03/students-not-using-school-bathroom-litter-boxes-nebraska-lawmaker-walks-back-claim.html

A Nebraska state lawmaker apologized on Monday after he publicly cited a persistent but debunked rumor alleging that schools are placing litter boxes in school bathrooms to accommodate children who self-identify as cats.

Sen. Bruce Bostelman, a conservative Republican, repeated the false claim during a public, televised debate on a bill intended to help school children who have behavioral problems. His comments quickly went viral, with one Twitter video garnering more than 300,000 views as of Monday afternoon, and drew an onslaught of online criticism and ridicule.

Bostelman initially said he was “shocked” when he heard stories that children were dressing as cats and dogs while at school, with claims that schools were accommodating them with litter boxes.

“They meow and they bark and they interact with their teachers in this fashion,” Bostelman said during legislative debate. “And now schools are wanting to put litter boxes in the schools for these children to use. How is this sanitary?”

The rumor has persisted in a private Facebook group, “Protect Nebraska Children,” and also surfaced last month in an Iowa school district, forcing the superintendent to write to parents that it was “simply and emphatically not true.”

Bostelman had said that he planned to discuss the issue with the CEO of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. He also alleged that schools were not allowing kids to wear flags, but didn’t give specific examples. In 2016, Lincoln’s public school district briefly asked students not to fly American flags from their vehicles after one flag was pulled from its holder, but school officials later apologized.

The false claim that children who identify as cats are using litter boxes in school bathrooms has spread across the internet since at least December, when a member of the public brought it up at a school board meeting for Midland Public Schools northwest of Detroit.

The claim was debunked by the district’s superintendent, who issued a statement that said there had “never been litter boxes within MPS schools.”

Still, the baseless rumor has spread across the country, and become fuel for political candidates, amid the culture wars and legislative action involving gender identification in schools.

Hours after his remarks, Bostelman backtracked and acknowledged that the story wasn’t true. He said he checked into the claims with state Sen. Lynne Walz, a Democrat who leads the Legislature’s Education Committee, and confirmed there were no such incidents.

“It was just something I felt that if this really was happening, we needed to address it and address it quickly,” Bostelman said.

The furor over public school restrooms comes as a growing number of conservative states seek laws to ban transgender students from using bathrooms that match their gender identity.
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Republicans are starting so many fake rumors and stories that they themselves can't keep up with what's true and what's not. 

A Nebraska Republican made an actual floor speech declaring that school children are identifying as cats, that schools are placing litter boxes for the students to use and that the students are meowing at teachers. 

This of course is all fake and is a regular rumor started around the country by Conservatives to attack transgender people. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.al.com/news/2022/03/students-not-using-school-bathroom-litter-boxes-nebraska-lawmaker-walks-back-claim.html

A Nebraska state lawmaker apologized on Monday after he publicly cited a persistent but debunked rumor alleging that schools are placing litter boxes in school bathrooms to accommodate children who self-identify as cats.

Sen. Bruce Bostelman, a conservative Republican, repeated the false claim during a public, televised debate on a bill intended to help school children who have behavioral problems. His comments quickly went viral, with one Twitter video garnering more than 300,000 views as of Monday afternoon, and drew an onslaught of online criticism and ridicule.

Bostelman initially said he was “shocked” when he heard stories that children were dressing as cats and dogs while at school, with claims that schools were accommodating them with litter boxes.

“They meow and they bark and they interact with their teachers in this fashion,” Bostelman said during legislative debate. “And now schools are wanting to put litter boxes in the schools for these children to use. How is this sanitary?”

The rumor has persisted in a private Facebook group, “Protect Nebraska Children,” and also surfaced last month in an Iowa school district, forcing the superintendent to write to parents that it was “simply and emphatically not true.”

Bostelman had said that he planned to discuss the issue with the CEO of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. He also alleged that schools were not allowing kids to wear flags, but didn’t give specific examples. In 2016, Lincoln’s public school district briefly asked students not to fly American flags from their vehicles after one flag was pulled from its holder, but school officials later apologized.

The false claim that children who identify as cats are using litter boxes in school bathrooms has spread across the internet since at least December, when a member of the public brought it up at a school board meeting for Midland Public Schools northwest of Detroit.

The claim was debunked by the district’s superintendent, who issued a statement that said there had “never been litter boxes within MPS schools.”

Still, the baseless rumor has spread across the country, and become fuel for political candidates, amid the culture wars and legislative action involving gender identification in schools.

Hours after his remarks, Bostelman backtracked and acknowledged that the story wasn’t true. He said he checked into the claims with state Sen. Lynne Walz, a Democrat who leads the Legislature’s Education Committee, and confirmed there were no such incidents.

“It was just something I felt that if this really was happening, we needed to address it and address it quickly,” Bostelman said.

The furor over public school restrooms comes as a growing number of conservative states seek laws to ban transgender students from using bathrooms that match their gender identity.

i wish the libs could do better but i wake up every day and think i sure am glad i am not a republican. when they get their honor back,if they ever do, then i will consider some of them as serious candidates. i still have not gotten over the mccain smears and all the other crap and i never will. to repukes it was AOK to smear john when trumps candy ass dodged the draft. see how that works?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This kind of reminds me of the racial hoaxes we see from time to time.  It is so unbelievable how anybody could believe it.  Two MAGA guy in a winter vortex at 2 in the morning in Chicago beats up gay black man.

Now the subject of transforming our kids in grade school.  When I was young I remember a Fireman talking to our class.  For years after that I, along with several of my buds, wanted to be a Fireman.  Then I grew up.  Not that being a Fireman in not a lofty goal, it just wasn’t what I was looking for in life.

Taking the average on less than 1% of the population as a whole is trans, can you explain 63% of this *teacher’s* class being LBGTQI@#$*%&$^@?  Something must be up, maybe its in the water.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

It would not surprise me if kids in schools started identifying as cats though. 

Well, thanks for confirming the premise of this thread.  ;)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

It would not surprise me if kids in schools started identifying as cats though. 

Sadly, I don't think it is only kids. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Sadly, I don't think it is only kids. 

Some older women identify as cougars............So I suppose you are correct. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm a dolphin-cat 

You look more like a Killer Whale-Cat.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, thanks for confirming the premise of this thread.  ;)

Well, we already have girls and boys in junior high that change their sexual identity by the day. It has become the popular thing to do. They change their name....usually to a name that can be used either for a boy or a girl. One day a girl may be dressed as a girl and telling everyone that they need to refer to her as him. The next day she might be dressed as a boy and going as a boy. Some have gone so far as trying to change school records to call them by what name they gave themselves. Keep in mind that their are some that are really struggling with their identity, but those are in the minority. It has really become the trendy and cool thing to do. You have some that still are toting around a pacifier and then some also wearing cat ears. So yeah, it would not surprise me at all if they start identifying as cats. 

I really hate TikTok and YouTube for this reason. LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm a dolphin-cat 

For the record, dolphins don't have ankles. ;D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Well, we already have girls and boys in junior high that change their sexual identity by the day. It has become the popular thing to do. They change their name....usually to a name that can be used either for a boy or a girl. One day a girl may be dressed as a girl and telling everyone that they need to refer to her as him. The next day she might be dressed as a boy and going as a boy. Some have gone so far as trying to change school records to call them by what name they gave themselves. Keep in mind that their are some that are really struggling with their identity, but those are in the minority. It has really become the trendy and cool thing to do. You have some that still are toting around a pacifier and then some also wearing cat ears. So yeah, it would not surprise me at all if they start identifying as cats. 

I really hate TikTok and YouTube for this reason. LOL

Terrifying, huh?

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Terrifying, huh?

My issue isn’t with what they do? But rather it makes it harder to help ones that are really going through something. They still suffer in silence, while both sides use it as a political football. 

For the record I’m going to say that Governor Abbott has pissed off a lot of teachers on both sides of the aisle here. I doubt he gets re-elected. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's undoubtedly why so many kids are doing it.  :rolleyes:

The 7.1% is double the percentage recorded in 2012 (3.5%), when Gallup first measured how Americans self-identified in terms of gender and sexuality.

The increase has been driven by younger Americans, according to Gallup, with 21% of Generation-Z adults identifying as LGBT in the survey, almost double the rate of Millennials, five times that of Generation X and eight times the rate of Baby Boomers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2022/02/17/gen-z-drives-surge-of-more-americans-identifying-as-lgbt/?sh=3f996d95525a

This reminds me of the Lactose intolerant phase everybody went through several years ago.  It was cool so I’ll identify as that.  I wonder if the Forbes statistics is a natural progression or other factors are the cause. 

Edited by I_M4_AU

It's so wild that some kids are doing radical s*** to piss off their parents and some other kids are doing what their parents wish they could have done, too, but were unable to because of the suffocating social mores of their day. 

Even more wild that so many loudmouth crybabies so shamelessly whine about it when it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on their family's safety or prosperity. Just kidding. It's not wild or surprising.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's so wild that some kids are doing radical s*** to piss off their parents and some other kids are doing what their parents wish they could have done, too, but were unable to because of the suffocating social mores of their day. 

Even more wild that so many loudmouth crybabies so shamelessly whine about it when it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on their family's safety or prosperity. Just kidding. It's not wild or surprising.

I usually don’t reply to you as I know you have me on ignore, buuuut I know you are a parent so would it be acceptable to you to allow your children to be instructed at public school in ideals that are not in line with your values?

At what age would you allow your children to do what you wish you could have done?   Or is it even your responsibility to guide your children in any aspect of their lives, just leave it up to the school teacher?  Is anything stopping you from fulfilling your fantasies at this point in time?

I don’t expect an answer to these questions, they maybe too personal for you, but at least try to understand how others feel.

Living in a world that is void of reality is a threat to my family’s safety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The 7.1% is double the percentage recorded in 2012 (3.5%), when Gallup first measured how Americans self-identified in terms of gender and sexuality.

The increase has been driven by younger Americans, according to Gallup, with 21% of Generation-Z adults identifying as LGBT in the survey, almost double the rate of Millennials, five times that of Generation X and eight times the rate of Baby Boomers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2022/02/17/gen-z-drives-surge-of-more-americans-identifying-as-lgbt/?sh=3f996d95525a

This reminds me of the Lactose intolerant phase everybody went through several years ago.  It was cool so I’ll identify as that.  I wonder if the Forbes statistics is a natural progression or other factors are the cause. 

This whole topic is now front and center in the country, thanks to the huge amount of publicity it gets from Republicans promoting "culture war" issues.   

Ron DeSantis is a perfect example.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/right-wing-groomer-panic-and-ron-desantis-dont-say-gay-in-florida-are-disguises-for-homophobia

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I usually don’t reply to you as I know you have me on ignore, buuuut I know you are a parent so would it be acceptable to you to allow your children to be instructed at public school in ideals that are not in line with your values?

At what age would you allow your children to do what you wish you could have done?   Or is it even your responsibility to guide your children in any aspect of their lives, just leave it up to the school teacher?  Is anything stopping you from fulfilling your fantasies at this point in time?

I don’t expect an answer to these questions, they maybe too personal for you, but at least try to understand how others feel.

Living in a world that is void of reality is a threat to my family’s safety.

"...allow your children to be "instructed" at public school in ideals that are not in line with your values?" :rolleyes:

Yeah, we can't have children simply learn the reality of diversity or the grace not to isolate or persecute the very few who happen to be different - like "queers", which was the norm when I was a kid (back when America was "Great".    

The idea that schools are "instructing" straight kids how to identify as homosexual or cisgender is absurdly paranoid. :no:

Thanks Republicans for trying to make America Great Again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"...allow your children to be "instructed" at public school in ideals that are not in line with your values?" :rolleyes:

Yeah, we can't have children simply learn the reality of diversity or the grace not to isolate or persecute the very few who happen to be different - like "queers", which was the norm when I was a kid (back when America was "Great".    

The idea that schools are "instructing" straight kids how to identify as homosexual or cisgender is absurdly paranoid. :no:

Thanks Republicans for trying to make America Great Again.

That person is more untethered from reality than I'd realized. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The idea that schools are "instructing" straight kids how to identify as homosexual or cisgender...

Just FYI - you seem to be using cisgender while meaning transgender. Cisgender simply means you identify with the sex you were born with. I think this caused some confusion in another thread.

• Thanks 1