Republicans Keep Getting Fooled By Their Own Satire and Propaganda.

CoffeeTiger

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Once again, I am not a bigot no matter how hard you try to paint me as one.

I apologize. My impression was that statements like this...

"The Disney Corporation has doubled down on it’s stance about *protecting* LBGTQ1&^%#@*(  rights to say and produce LBGTQ1#$%^&*^ content in there programming as described in this video."

...are intended to belittle and demean, but clearly I was mistaken. Thank you for setting me straight.

• Like 2

Man. Feigning ignorance on how to spell something as simple as LGBTQ is some kind of self-owning virtue signaling. Or it would be if stupidity were a virtue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

I apologize. My impression was that statements like this...

"The Disney Corporation has doubled down on it’s stance about *protecting* LBGTQ1&^%#@*(  rights to say and produce LBGTQ1#$%^&*^ content in there programming as described in this video."

...are intended to belittle and demean, but clearly I was mistaken. Thank you for setting me straight.

Well, I can see your confusion but my disdain is reserved for people and corporations that try to mold our children into a certain way of thinking before they are ready for that conversation.  You, as usual, do not understand the nuance of my argument.   I have been clear that I really don’t care if you are of the age of consent with people that are Trans.

The issue I have with the LBGTQ1@@##^^% is they are a coalition hell bent on increasing their *membership* and using our younger generation to meet their goal.  That organization is disingenuous by using bullying the masses that don’t believe in their movement by not speaking up against their view of the world.

Thank you for allowing me to explain.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

.....The issue I have with the LBGTQ1@@##^^% is they are a coalition hell bent on increasing their *membership* and using our younger generation to meet their goal.  That organization is disingenuous by using bullying the masses that don’t believe in their movement by not speaking up against their view of the world....

Classic. 

Anita Bryant redux. :rolleyes:

And you never answered my question regarding homosexuality:

Are homosexuals - as a part of the LGBTQ community - as deserving of your fear and hatred as transsexuals?

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Classic. 

Reminds me of Anita Bryant. :rolleyes:

And you never answered my question regarding homosexuality.  Are homosexuals - as a part of the LGBTQ community - as deserving of your fear and hatred as transexuals?

You are dense.  For the last time, I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR SEXUAL IDENTITY IS IF YOU ARE OF THE AGE OF CONSENT.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are dense.  For the last time, I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR SEXUAL IDENTITY IS IF YOU ARE OF THE AGE OF CONSENT.

So you think it's just the transsexual children who are to be feared and hated?

Or is it just all the cisgender/transsgender  adults working on the behalf of transsexuals who form the "coalition hell bent on increasing their *membership* and using our younger generation to meet their goal"?

Does the very idea of such a "coalition" - with their above described goals - really sound rational to you? :rolleyes:

(Once again, thanks for validating my politically-based hysteria premise. ;))

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

So a "faceslap" icon is all you got? :rolleyes: :laugh:

(I know you had to think about it a little bit since you didn't respond with your typically immediate response.) 

You just exposed yourself. Just like this thread title suggests, you got tripped up by your own rhetoric.  It was a perfect example of politically and hate-based hysteria on sexuality.

Still waiting on your response to my homosexual question.  Are you going to throw them into the "coalition" as well or are you still "thinking" about it? 

Edited by homersapien

National Coalition for LGBTQ Health

The Coalition is committed to improving the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals through federal and local advocacy, education, and research. The Coalition addresses the entire LGBTQ community, including individuals of every sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, and age regardless of disability, income, education, and geography.

Your wokeness is showing.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

(I know you had to think about it a little bit since you didn't respond with typically immediate response.) 

I’m sorry it took me a little time to show you that LGBTQ is a national coalition, but it was time well spent as it showed how ridiculously petty you are.

• Haha 1

Seriously? :laugh:

You think "coalition" is the key part of your statement?  That's hilarious.

Obviously it's not the key word here.  Your stated "goal" of these classes is what is relevant:

".."hell bent on increasing their *membership* and using our younger generation to meet their goal"

Now, if you can show me that the goals of your referenced coalition that reflected that, you might have something.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m sorry it took me a little time to show you that LGBTQ is a national coalition, but it was time well spent as it showed how ridiculously petty you are.

Nice weaseling!  :laugh:

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Now, if you can show me the goals of your referenced coalition, you might have something.

Here ya go; The Coalition is committed to improving the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals through federal and local advocacy, education, and research

Notice the underlined education after federal and local.  I interpret that as teaching our children.  I’m sure you can’t see it.

• Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here ya go; The Coalition is committed to improving the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals through federal and local advocacy, education, and research

Notice the underlined education after federal and local.  I interpret that as teaching our children.  I’m sure you can’t see it.

I feel like you're doing a lot of 'beating around the bush' about your thoughts here:

In my view you are concerned about LGBTQ people becoming more prominent in society and their lifestyles becoming 'normalized'. You want LGBTQ lifestyles to be mostly viewed and treated as mental and physical disorders that need curing, not accepted as normal. 

You're worried that continued acceptance and exposure to these ideas is causing more children to identify and come out as LGBTQ when in past times they may not have done so and you see this as leading to the possible destruction of the American nuclear family. 

Am I wrong in these assumptions? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Teaching children about the world they will inhabit and the people they will encounter is a bad thing?

You really seem to be jumping at shadows. Certainly, if someone is pushing to go into discussions of actual sex acts, especially explicitly, I could understand the concern, but that's not what is being proposed in the vast majority of cases. The simple fact is that today's children are going to be meeting others that are different from them, and it hurts everyone involved if they aren't prepared for that. 

Your words echo what has been said for decades about the so-called "gay agenda," as though insidious people were trying to corrupt youth for their own ends, rather than simply trying to get society to a place where those that are "different" can live without being abused or persecuted. Do you disagree that children would be more understanding and accepting of others if they know about these things at an earlier age? Do you feel you would not be doing the same if you had been made to feel an outcast, bullied, or abused your entire life over something you couldn't control?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ignorance of the reality that sexuality is not necessarily the same for everyone is not a good thing. 

Sexuality differences aren't "evil" nor threatening.  Ignorance leads to fear and persecution. (See Salem witch trials.) 

I see absolutely no problem with teaching all children tolerance, especially considering the rate of suicides suffered by the (few) of those who really are different, and who are directly subject to bullying or ridicule.  

Of course, you still have the right to indoctrinate your own children into the hate and fear that ignorance propagates. 

You equating "education" with recruitment tells me all I need to know.   You have clearly  bought into the politically-based hysteria of hate and fear and continue to demonstrate it with your own words.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:
Your wokeness is showing.

Well "wokeness" to me means:

Recognizing, understanding and feeling empathy toward those in our society who are persecuted - and sometime brutalized - because of their race, sex or sexuality.

So I am proud to be "woke".

As someone who embraces the hate and fear-based political hysteria on sexuality, it no doubt means something else entirely to you, which is made obvious by your use of the term as a criticism.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well "wokeness" to me means:

Recognizing, understanding and feeling empathy toward those in our society who are persecuted - and sometime brutalized - because of their race, sex or sexuality.

So I am proud to be "woke".

As someone who embraces the hate and fear-based political hysteria on sexuality, it no doubt means something else entirely to you, which is made obvious by your use of the term as a criticism.

Isn't it something that another word for empathy is deployed as an attempt at insult by so many conservatives. It really does tell most of the story on those people. 

PS- "Cancel" is just another word for "hold accountable". Not surprised that those folks aren't comfortable with that idea, either. Alas, I can only offer them a big ol' bag of **** their feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Isn't it something that another word for empathy is deployed as an attempt at insult by so many conservatives. It really does tell most of the story on those people. 

PS- "Cancel" is just another word for "hold accountable". Not surprised that those folks aren't comfortable with that idea, either. Alas, I can only offer them a big ol' bag of **** their feelings. 

Totally agree. 

To use such concepts as a negative or a criticism is a clear indicator of their own morals and character.

Most of them aren't smart enough to realize it.  The rest are simply unabashed racists, misogynists and haters. 

21 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Children are on Medicare?

Yes, some are.

14 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I feel like you're doing a lot of 'beating around the bush' about your thoughts here:

In my view you are concerned about LGBTQ people becoming more prominent in society and their lifestyles becoming 'normalized'. You want LGBTQ lifestyles to be mostly viewed and treated as mental and physical disorders that need curing, not accepted as normal. 

You're worried that continued acceptance and exposure to these ideas is causing more children to identify and come out as LGBTQ when in past times they may not have done so and you see this as leading to the possible destruction of the American nuclear family. 

Am I wrong in these assumptions? 

I’m concerned that the LBGTQ coalition is being used as a cudgel to push an agenda that a lot of people are opposed.  

The poll found that 70% of registered Republicans, 58% of independents and 55% of Democrats agreed with this key sentence from the legislation: “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through third grade or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/1/poll-over-60-us-voters-support-language-florida-pa/

We are still a democracy and this poll shows the approval of voters for the bill.

It is as simple as that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Woke or wokeness is a slur or insult to Liberals just as you have used bigot, racist and x—-fobic  against conservatives.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Woke or wokeness is a slur or insult to Liberals just as you have used bigot, racist and x—-fobic  against conservatives.

It may be used with the intention of being an insult or slur by Conservatives, but it has an actual, real definition which is:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

woke adjective 

chiefly US slang

: aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

No there is no equivalency in that example.

Bigot, racist and xenophobic have intrinsic, negative meanings regardless of their accuracy in a given accusation.

So the worst you can say about anyone using bigot, racist or xenophobe as criticism is that they are wrong in the case at issue.

On the other hand, "wokeness" has no inherently negative meaning, in fact,  just the opposite.  It's inherent meaning is that one is sensitive to the reality of racism, misogyny, prejudice, etc.

Therefore, using "wokeness" as a criticism necessarily means you either  deny the existence of racism, etc., or you think being sensitive to such realities is bad. 

It's inherently self-damning.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No there is no equivalency in that example.

Bigot, racist and xenophobic have intrinsic, negative meanings regardless of their accuracy in a given accusation.

So the worst you can say about anyone using bigot, racist or xenophobe as criticism is that they are wrong in the case at issue.

On the other hand, "wokeness" has no inherently negative meaning, in fact,  just the opposite.  It's inherent meaning is that one is sensitive to the reality of racism, misogyny, prejudice, etc.

Therefore, using "wokeness" as a criticism necessarily means you either  deny the existence of racism, etc., or you think being sensitive to such realities is bad. 

It's inherently self-damning.

Yeah man, I thought maybe a previous response was a little harsh but dude just came out and said it, didn't he? Wow. Hahaha

• Like 1