January 6 ‘burner’ phone scandal

aubiefifty

Fire in the hole: Trump feeling the heat for January 6 ‘burner’ phone scandal

By J.D. Crowe | jdcrowe@al.com
3-4 minutes

Trump Burner Phone

Trump Burner Phone

This is an opinion cartoon.

Defeated former President Trump is on the hot seat for an 8 hour phone log gap during the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. The insurrection he incited, orchestrated and cheered. Violence ensued, if you remember. Democracy was threatened.

Five people died that day. Vice President Pence was hunted: “Hang Mike Pence!” was chanted by rabid Trump supporters carrying a noose. Trump smiled. Four Washington police officers committed suicide in the aftermath. Because of him.

R E L A T E 😧Trump denies nearly 8 hour ‘burner’ phone log gap - al.com

R E L A T E 😧 Bolton says he recalls Trump using the term “burner phones”

R E L A T E 😧 Trump discussed ‘burner phones’ several times, John Bolton says

January 6, 2021 was Donald J. Trump’s best day. Ever.

Trump’s loyal, misguided violent supporters waged war on America. On his behalf. Just as he urged them to do. While he stood safely on the sidelines, cheering them on while watching it play out on TV. He must have felt almost as glorious as his idol, Vladimir Putin. He didn’t want it to end. “We love you,” he said, sadly, finally, after too many hours of carnage. He’s still giddy about it. He’s campaigning on it right now.

Trump should be irrelevant. But here we are. He is still the face - and the butt - of the GOP.

Where, oh where might this smoking gun ‘burner’ phone be? In Trump’s pants? Hard to tell. Trump’s pants are always on fire.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3012308-bolton-pushes-back-on-trump-says-he-was-familiar-with-burner-phones/

Bolton pushes back on Trump, says he was familiar with burner phones

by Lexi Lonas - 03/31/22 11:21 AM ET

Former national security adviser John Bolton said on CNN Thursday that former President Trump is lying about his knowledge of burner phones after recent reports of a gap in the White House phone records during the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol attack. 

Earlier this week, documents obtained by The Washington Post and CBS News showed the White House phone logs have a gap of more than seven hours during the Capitol insurrection. 

The gap occurs between 11:17 a.m. to 6:54 p.m., spanning the timeframe of the riot and contradicting previous reports that Trump made multiple calls during that time period. 

the committee is considering if Trump may have used a disposable phone that can’t be tracked, borrowed an aide’s phone or other possibilities. 

“I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term,” Trump said in a statement to the outlets. 

Bolton, however, says he has heard the former president use that term before during his time in the administration.

“I can’t understand what the former president is saying because I heard him use the term ‘burner phone’ a number of times,” Bolton said. “It’s hardly like it’s some obscure, highly classified set of words.”

The phone records were given to the select House committee investigating the Capitol riot by the National Archives earlier this year. 

During the recorded time gap, Trump reportedly had calls with Republicans including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) and Sen. Mike Lee (Utah).....

• Like 1

have the hard right given up on the truth?

I have hope that this is the beginning of the end of trump being relevant to many in America.

He pisses off the Democrats and some of America's self-declared elites, and there will always be some value in that in this nation. But he is also clearly a lying nutjob. Unfortunately, there are some out there so upset with the self-declared elites that they WILL CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THINGS THEY KNOW ARE NOT REAL NOR TRUE.

*Unfortunately left the word NOT out of the above sentence. I have now corrected it.*

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1