Baseball vs #11 LSU Series

Pierce is coming in to LF for Bello as he goes to warmup in the bullpen.

Burkhalter throws 5 straight strikes and then gets a swinging strikeout!!

1 out to go!!

HALL! My god put his body on the line as he runs into the wall in foul territory to get the foul out!!!

Shin straight to the wooden bench!

AUBURN WINS 6-5!!!!

Entire team out checking on Hall!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

HALL! My god put his body on the line as he runs into the wall in foul territory to get the foul out!!!

Shin straight to the wooden bench!

AUBURN WINS 6-5!!!!

Entire team out checking on Hall!

Thx for the updates!

• Like 2

Hall looks to be okay! Huge win without our ace on the mound. Lets up our offense shows up a bit more consistently tomorrow and Saturday!

War Eagle, everyone!

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Thx for the updates!

No problem. Not sure if I'll be able to do them the rest of the weekend. Hoping my work schedule will allow it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Been impressed with this group so far this year.  Very low expectations nationally and in the conference.  I'll be happy with any regional berth this year; still a long way to go and some insanely hard competition before that's even a thought, but I'm not sure we could ask for a better start to conference play.  Let's get one of the next two and take the series!

• Like 3

What a ****hole RedStix is!!!  Who puts a wooden bench that is obviously very angular and heavy as s*** in construction only about 12 feet past the foul line. Those things need to be removed. 

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Been impressed with this group so far this year.  Very low expectations nationally and in the conference.  I'll be happy with any regional berth this year; still a long way to go and some insanely hard competition before that's even a thought, but I'm not sure we could ask for a better start to conference play.  Let's get one of the next two and take the series!

They seem to be improving a little more each week. And they are resilient. 

5 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

What a ****hole RedStix is!!!  Who puts a wooden bench that is obviously very angular and heavy as s*** in construction only about 12 feet past the foul line. Those things need to be removed. 

I was just talking about that with my daughter. WTH? WHY would anyone put that bench there and jeopardize a player like that? It needs to be removed and they need to impose big fines for stupid crap like that. 

Hall was limping off. He's going to hurt for a while. 

Team has its flaws, but they are way mentally tougher so far this year, especially bullpen. Last year in close games we'd melt down every time and our pitchers would buckle. What'd they say tonight 0-9 in 1 run games or something? No way we pull this one off last year. Credit to Burkhalter for buckling down there. 2 on and Dylan Crews coming to the plate is usually guaranteed disaster 

Edited by au302
  • Like 1

It means nothing, but for look-ahead purposes I did a "gut-feeling" conference W-L all the way out:

at LSU - 1 win

Vandy - 1 win

at MSU - 2 wins (they have 2 weekend starting pitchers out for the year)

USC - 2 wins

at Tennessee - 1 win

Arkansas - 1 win

Alabama - 2 wins

at Kentucky - 1 win

This would get to a 14-16 conference record that's pretty much an automatic regional berth.  13-17s usually need some conference tournament magic.  This schedule is absolutely brutal.  Would love to take one more game from LSU this weekend.  Regardless, it's been a fun team to watch so far, and it's been nice to see some of the close game demons from last year be somewhat exorcised early on!

13 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

It means nothing, but for look-ahead purposes I did a "gut-feeling" conference W-L all the way out:

at LSU - 1 win

Vandy - 1 win

at MSU - 2 wins (they have 2 weekend starting pitchers out for the year)

USC - 2 wins

at Tennessee - 1 win

Arkansas - 1 win

Alabama - 2 wins

at Kentucky - 1 win

This would get to a 14-16 conference record that's pretty much an automatic regional berth.  13-17s usually need some conference tournament magic.  This schedule is absolutely brutal.  Would love to take one more game from LSU this weekend.  Regardless, it's been a fun team to watch so far, and it's been nice to see some of the close game demons from last year be somewhat exorcised early on!

I think getting Mullins and Gonzalez back will be really big for us. They have both pitched pretty well this season and could be our weekend starters along with Bright. That gives us more arms to go to in the bullpen and should hopefully cut down on these late game heroics by opponents. 🤞

Lets go and get this series win! Pretty sure I heard last night that Bright will be on the mound tonight. I'll be doing double duty with updates on Softball and Baseball. Will do my best but I might miss a bit in the first half of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Lets go and get this series win! Pretty sure I heard last night that Bright will be on the mound tonight. I'll be doing double duty with updates on Softball and Baseball. Will do my best but I might miss a bit in the first half of the game.

Appreciate all you do 21  but don't ever let me down........... 

• Haha 1

Not gonna be able to watch both games at once since apparently I only get to watch 1 stream at a time on Watch ESPN. :(

Will still update via statbroadcast but will focus on watching Softball until it's over.

Rambusch hitting strike to 17 as he rips a DOUBLE to lead off the game!!

Howell strikes out looking on a full count. DiChiara also strikes out looking. Don't want to waste that leadoff double. Need to bring Rambusch in!

Moore grounds out to 2B.

0-0 B1st

Edited by tgrogan21

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Strike zone wide tonight in the opening inning.

Thanks for giving me an update on that. Not able to watch and it's weird seeing 3 looking strike outs.

Softball strike zone is super small and baseball is wide. Cool. lol

• Like 1