Softball vs #7 Florida

Bunt single to Penta. Nice play with that speed. Cox probably should have fielded that instead of Penta.

Damn, back to back singles and we're in trouble.

Lowe in to pitch for Penta. Please don't give up a homer like Penta did last weekend in the 7th.

• Sad 1

Lowe falls behind 2-0 before evening the count to 2-2. Ump squeezing the pitchers again. Lowe just has to smile through it.

Single and bases loaded. :(

Now Lowe getting the outside corner. Ump still not consistent with the strike zone.

0-2 count! 1 more strike! Allen Greene cheering on Lowe and this team!

STRIKE OUT!!! AUBURN WINS!!!!

3-1 AUBURN!

First game 1 win against Florida since 2005!!!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Fantastic win in game 1!!!  That hitting was on a great pitcher.  Love the moxy of these hitters.

That was a significant win for Auburn.   Clint Myers never got a Game 1 or series win against them.  We almost had the series in 2017, but a Texas Leaguer caromed off McCracken's glove in bot 7, scoring two for the Florida win.  Great pitching by Penta and Lowe.  Lowe's composure is other-worldly.  Can you imagine being in the circle with bases loaded, one out, and Hannah Adams up?  I wouldn't be able to get it on the correct side of the batter.  Really glad Amanda Lorenz was coaching first and not batting.  I wouldn't bet against Lowe even then.  There was a lot of pressure on.  I watched the game on replay, knowing we won, and was chain-smoking in the 7th.

On the bunt to Penta, it seemed to me the ball got to Penta before Cox could get there.  I didn't see Cox check up.  Maybe she just didn't get a great jump.

• Like 1

That Friday game was a great effort by Penta.  Suspect we see Lugo or Delbrey today; both very good.  The Gators MO is much as has been in recent past.  Excellent fielding and pitching as they rank 1st and 3rd in SEC play in those areas currently.  Their batting average ranks 9th in SEC currently.  I was looking at the stats while watching the game on TV and they are about 30+ seconds ahead of the TV.  My wife was tied in a knot during the last at bat and I had to tell her that she would strike out.  Wanted to avoid any medical emergency. I can appreciate Whiskey's comment above about chain smoking.

19 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Only thing changing in the lineup today is Lowe on the mound. Would love to get this series W today!

It would be nice to know we won the series going into game3

• Like 1

Can't find the game anywhere on the Watch ESPN. Will update via statbroadcast until the game goes to the SEC network.

3-1 walk to the leadoff batter. Lowe gets a ground out but the runner moves up.

3-2 count and a double to score the first run. Not a good start for Lowe on the mound.

1-0 Florida

Can't go back-to-back days without an error as Peralta commits a fielding error at SS. Runners on 1st and 2nd 1 out.

Foul out to Peralta but Florida gets another single and an unearned run comes across the plate. Really unfortunate when errors cost us runs.

Edit: Fly out to CF to get Lowe out of the inning.

Packer, Peralta, Blaine coming up to try to get these runs back.

2-0 Florida

Edited by tgrogan21

Packer's SEC hitting slump continues with a ground out to SS.

Peralta lines out to CF.

Blaine with a nice 2 strike battle fouling off several pitches. It takes 9 pitches but Blaine strikes out swinging.

2-0 Florida T2nd

Auburn going to the bullpen early as Dismukes comes in for Lowe.

Ground out to McCondichie at second.

Falls behind 3-1 on the next batter before walking her.

Great job by Cox to charge the grounder and get the lefty slap hitter out! Runner does move up to 2nd, though.

Ground out to Peralta!

Garcia, Ellis, Lisenby coming up!

2-0 Florida B2nd

Garcia with a hard hit ball but it dies at the warning track for a fly out.

Florida almost makes a sweet sliding catch in foul territory. Was in the glove but it pops out and she bobbles it before it falls to the ground. Ellis strikes out swinging.

Lisenby strikes out swinging as well.

2-0 Florida T3rd

Another inning, another runner in scoring position. Leadoff double. :(

Dismukes comes back and gets a K looking!

Single up the middle. Runners on the corner now. Really need a double play!

No double play as a ball low and the runner steals second.

Pop up to Peralta at SS.

Dismukes falls behind 3-1 before a soft hit roller that Dismukes with the heads up play to let it roll foul! A ground out to Dismukes gets her out of trouble!

Godwin, Cox, McCondichie coming up.

2-0 Florida B3rd

• Like 1

Great job keeping them scoreless that inning. 

Godwin gets ahead 3-1 but grounds out to third.

4 pitch walk for Cox. First baserunner for Auburn.

Liner to CF but a nice play by the fielder to get McCondichie out.

YEEEEESSS! I just needed to say something about her slump!

PACKER GOES DEEEEEEP! ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED IT!

2-2 TIED!!!!

Bunt single to 3rd base. Call is being reviewed. Looks safe to me.

Yep, quick review.

Wild pitch runner moves up.

Ground out to McCondichie at 2B but runner moves to 3rd. Need some more quality pitching from Dismukes to get out of this with the tie.

Stolen base. Another runner in scoring position with only 1 out.

Packer dives, doesn't catch it. Another runner scores and another runner in scoring position.

4-2 Florida