I think we have to root for Calzada

AUght2win

31 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Interesting nugget: https://247sports.com/Article/Auburn-transfer-QB-Dematrius-Davis-sends-parting-message-186319219/

When Dee left he was convinced it was a 2 horse race between Zach and TJ. But we have to remember Dee left pretty early in spring. It’s possible Dee missed Ashford gaining his footing, and never saw the version of RA we saw in the A-Day game.

I definitely HOPE RA is in the mix, anyway. Calzada is still largely an unknown, but if we had to play tomorrow I’d hope we would start Robbie. Just still don’t see it from TJ.

Did Dee actually say this about Zach and TJ or is this just a poorly written blurb? Dee's tweet didn't mention any QBs by name and it seems like an odd statement for him to make. I don't know though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

Did Dee actually say this about Zach and TJ or is this just a poorly written blurb? Dee's tweet didn't mention any QBs by name and it seems like an odd statement for him to make. I don't know though. 

I would think he said it. It’s still just his assumption. But that detail seems too specific for a writer to just make up or assume. 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I would think he said it. It’s still just his assumption. But that detail seems too specific for a writer to just make up or assume. 

He wrote an article around a tweet.  I'm nearly positive he didn't even interview Davis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He wrote an article around a tweet.  I'm nearly positive he didn't even interview Davis

That's what I think. We have to remember how terrible some of this "reporting" is. Author probably forgot that Ashford exists. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 1:58 AM, AUght2win said:

Accuracy just isn’t something you really fix. It’s like a guard that can’t shoot. You can improve marginally over time. The only exception is when the fabled “light comes on”, which is a full scale revolution of a person’s abilities. And that’s extremely rare. Mental aspects like reads, pocket presence, and toughness can develop. Some physical things can too, like developing more arm strength. But accuracy is just one of those things that is rarely improved upon.

Accuracy can be improved by working on mechanics. Good mechanics tends to yield more consistent throwing, in turn improving accuracy. That said, I think Tj’s problem is harder to fix. He tries to throw every pass the same way, and doesn’t seem to understand the concept of putting touch on the ball. 

33 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Accuracy can be improved by working on mechanics. Good mechanics tends to yield more consistent throwing, in turn improving accuracy. That said, I think Tj’s problem is harder to fix. He tries to throw every pass the same way, and doesn’t seem to understand the concept of putting touch on the ball. 

His throwing motion looks a little wired to me too. He leans back too far from waist up. It may be the way he controls the speed of the ball though as he is so string. It tends to drift long on him.