Jabari Smith entering the draft

tgrogan21

19 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To me, Smiths game translates to the NBA more quickly than Holmgren. But I'm a little biased 😁

I think everyone is looking at him and thinking Kevin Durant. That can be good or bad I think. He's a scoring power house though

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To me, Smiths game translates to the NBA more quickly than Holmgren. But I'm a little biased 😁

Chet is definitely the ceiling pick. The weird thing is the high floor pick is Banchero. Jabari is the inbetween guy. He’s always had the most nba translatable skill in his outside shooting as compared to the other 3, and I think that’s helped in the “needs” evaluation for Orlando 

They also don’t need him to be a ball handler, which I’m sure helped in ignoring that weakness. He should be a day 1 top 6-7 guy for them, and it’s only that low because they as of right now, have like 3-4 guys who could feasibly get minutes at his position 

I also think it’s borderline impossible for him to not go #1 unless Orlando has an 11th hour change of heart. They apparently have a tight lipped org, so it is possible that the information these agencies have been relying on for mocks isn’t entirely correct 

Betting odds have dramatically shifted in the last 48 hours. Paolo is now the favorite to go #1. Avoiding Orlando isn’t a bad outcome, OKC would be a better landing spot. 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Betting odds have dramatically shifted in the last 48 hours. Paolo is now the favorite to go #1. Avoiding Orlando isn’t a bad outcome, OKC would be a better landing spot. 

That hurts Dunn 

33 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Anything can happen, but 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 9:21 PM, cole256 said:

I think everyone is looking at him and thinking Kevin Durant. That can be good or bad I think. He's a scoring power house though

We just need to teach him to stay off of Twitter and not to create a burner account...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

As an OKC Fan, I would love to see him play for us.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

That hurts Dunn 

No offense to our central Florida friends.

You still have a lot of great things down there! Disney, memories of Penny Hardaway, humidity…

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

No offense to our central Florida friends.

You still have a lot of great things down there! Disney, memories of Penny Hardaway, humidity…

You left out Shaq, Dwight, and Tracy McGrady :banghead: :hanged:

but we do have some of the best golf courses in the world thank god

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, cole256 said:

That and they'd like for him to be a stronger rebounder and better play maker but all of that will get better with strength and experience

To your point, how much longer would Holmgren have to develop to get said strength?  The dude is a stick. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

I feel like Jabari’s game is built for today’s NBA. Just don’t see how he doesn’t go #1

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

To your point, how much longer would Holmgren have to develop to get said strength?  The dude is a stick. 

Chet has a terrific skill set. Everyone is going to literally test him physically. If he shows he has some fight, he'll get every opportunity to be a star

• Like 1

That sucks. I wanted Jabari to go first so bad. 

They couldn’t let us have this… I know it’s nitpicking since he’s still going high but cmon man..

• Like 1