AD Greene Wants to Stay at Auburn

toddc

34 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Overall AU sports haven't good under Greene's leadership. We were 12 out 14 in the SEC all sports trophy rankings in 2021. Everyone has their opinion but I think him coming out now saying he wants to stay at AU is because he hasn't been selected anywhere he has interviewed and no one is coming after him.

I think so too.  He was supposedly actively interviewing for other AD positions not so long ago.

I also remember reading that Pearl and Harsin were frustrated with him over budget to their programs.

But I like Greene.  I think he's a character guy, and wish he would stay and thrive.

I just have to believe the future for Harsin and Greene depends on what happens this season.  The football team goes down in flames this year Harsin is gone and Greene is ousted the same day.    If they out perform the expectations Harsin stays and Greene gets a new contract.  The difficult decision occurs if they go 8-4.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Overall AU sports haven't been good under Greene's leadership. We were 12 out 14 in the SEC all sports trophy rankings in 2021. Everyone has their opinion but I think him coming out now saying he wants to stay at AU is because he hasn't been selected anywhere he has interviewed and no one is coming after him.

Valid point. But if people are willing to give coaches time...why shouldn't we do the same for Greene? Especially since he was apart of the reason we didn't end up running Bruce away. 

This has been stated by Red and WDE a few times.  Greene was never going to be fired before his contract ended because it is coming up so soon.  As it sits, Greene had been stripped of a lot of his duties and Burgess taking on a lot of those responsibilities.

This was discussed on the Eagles Nest, but this is what I expected Greene to say.  He is kind of out of options at the moment.  None of the job interviews he has had at other schools have resulted in offers so Auburn is his best chance.  So this is Greene's way to try and save his job.  But it is a little too late in my opinion.  A lot of his goodwill was lost when he interviewed for the USC job and lied to the Board saying he did not interview.  The Board didn't care that he interviewed, it was the fact that he lied about it.

Edited by abw0004
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

This has been stated by Red and WDE a few times.  Greene was never going to be fired before his contract ended because it is coming up so soon.  As it sits, Greene had been stripped of a lot of his duties and Burgess taking on a lot of those responsibilities.

This was discussed on the Eagles Nest, but this is what I expected Greene to say.  He is kind of out of options at the moment.  None of the job interviews he has had at other schools have resulted in offers so Auburn is his best chance.  So this is Greene's way to try and save his job.  But it is a little too late in my opinion.  A lot of his goodwill was lost when he interviewed for the USC job and lied to the Board saying he did not interview.  The Board didn't care that he interviewed, it was the fact that he lied about it.

just unreal the foolishness people come on these boards spewing out.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

just unreal the foolishness people come on these boards spewing out.

What exactly is foolish?

Edited by abw0004

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

The Board didn't care that he interviewed, it was the fact that he lied about it.

What BOT is ok with their Athletic Director actively seeking other employment?  And just when did Greene go before the BOT for questioning?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

What BOT is ok with their Athletic Director actively seeking other employment?  And just when did Greene go before the BOT for questioning?

It is not that uncommon.  You see it with college coaches all of the time.  There is a line though that it shouldn't affect your current work.  A great example it Tim Horton.  He interviewed for a new job all of the time.  It became a problem at the end because it just consumed his time and was let go.

Edited by abw0004