Former AU QB Jeff Klein passes away

Sani-Freeze

From the Caring Bridge site today (4/13)

Journal entry by Adrienne Coley Klein  5 minutes ago

Surrounded by his loved ones, at 2:36 pm this afternoon the love of my life was called home. 
His passing was peaceful and immediately followed the ceasing of life support. After two long and painful days, I finally get to see our precious boys. Please continue to pray the Lord would grant me the words and wisdom on how to talk to my babies about how our lives have been completely changed. 
Thank you to everyone who has continued to reach out and prayed without ceasing. The outpouring of love and support from loved ones, friends, acquaintances, health care professionals, and even perfect strangers has been an overwhelming blessing. I’m grateful for every single one of you, and every prayer said. Please continue to pray for me, our boys and our families as we attempt to navigate through the heartbreak. 
I will continue to share updates on his memorial arrangements. 
Love,
ACK

Update 4/12  (from his wife Adrienne on the Caring Bridge site last night). Just devastating. 

Words are hard to find at the moment. Jeff had a CT scan this morning with devastating findings. Sometime around 6am this morning he suffered a significant stroke. In addition to mounding pressure and evidence of more bleeds on his brain, his neurological status had been severely damaged and we were told he’d never recover and suffer from a poor quality of life. 

My world as I know it has been completely shattered. I have never known such heartache and pain. After a few remaining family members arrive from out of town to say their goodbyes tonight and tomorrow; the love of my life, the father of our three beautiful children, will be removed from all forms of life sustaining support. 
Somewhere between March 13th and April 12th, a once healthy, energetic, and devoted: christian, husband, father, brother, son, teacher, and coach lost his life to two rare conditions/diseases that have yet to be thoroughly diagnosed. 
Palliative care will be in place to keep Jeff comfortable as the Lord calls him home. 

(Original post from 4/7)

A mutual friend texted me last night - Jeff went into the hospital last week for severe lower back pain, and has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He is currently in the ICU while they await the next steps. He has a wife and three young sons. Please keep them in your prayers. 

Update - Gofundme link is below to help the family with expenses while he is unable to work: 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-the-klein-family

Edited by Sani-Freeze
  • Like 2
  • Sad 8

43 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

A mutual friend texted me last night - Jeff went into the hospital last week for severe lower back pain, and has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He is currently in the ICU while they await the next steps. He has a wife and three young sons. Please keep them in your prayers. 

Prayer lifted

• Like 2

guys up north they are doing a new thing where they remove some of your bodies stem cells to treat things with amazing results. my second ex whom i still love was a surgical tech and she told me. she says it is relatively new but they are doing some amazing things with it. i am not sure if this works in families or you have to use your own. it was too late for my ex. it is certainly something to check in to or maybe some in the medical field might have more info they can share. and for the record this is not anything in any way to do with abortion.

• Thanks 2

Praying! Really tough situation, not only for Jeff, but entire family. Always wish it could have been diagnosed sooner but we have an awesome God that still performs miracles!

Edited by provibe
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, provibe said:

Praying! Really tough situation, not only for Jeff, but entire family. Always wish it could have been diagnosed sooner but we have an awesome God that still performs miracles!

💯 

Ben Leard just tweeted a link to the gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-the-klein-family

Text is below: 

If you have had the unforgettable pleasure of spending time with Jeff & Adrienne, one can bet that you were smiling big or laughing until you cried… you would always leave them with feelings of being uplifted, encouraged, and thankful to call them your friends.

More than ever, at this point and time, our friends need your help. For those of you that are not fully aware, Jeff has been admitted to Piedmont hospital in Columbus, GA. Severe back pain led to an MRI that revealed spots on his lower back. Unfortunately, Jeff’s condition has rapidly become more drastic and equally challenging to the doctors since his admittance.

There are still a lot of unknowns about future conditions and outcomes at this point. What we do know is that Jeff and Adrienne will have a long, difficult road ahead of them. This road will be paved with an unknown amount of financial hardships and other burdens placed on each family member.

We are asking for your help to ease some of these financial hardships to make the other unavoidable burdens less stressful on Adrienne and the rest of the Klein family. Your generosity will go towards unforeseen medical expenses, utilities and groceries for the family, and any other needs for their three boys: Cannon, Coley, & Clayton.

At this time, without Jeff teaching in the classroom or coaching on the field, his family will not have a sustainable source of income. We can do what is necessary while Adrienne focuses on this extremely challenging chapter of their lives. We humbly encourage you to do what you can to help support our Coach and his beautiful family.

Please continue to pray for Jeff's healing, peace, and understanding in the face of uncertainty in the days ahead.

“#9 In Your Programs...#1 In Your Hearts--War Eagle!” -Jeff Klein
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just awful. I just can't imagine. One day you're perfectly normal, and then go to the hospital for back pain and get slammed with that news. Prayers going up immediately for him and his family. This is one of those sobering events that reminds you to treasure each day you have good health. Keep fighting, Jeff 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Praying for Jeff and his family

According to a GoFundMe page, former Auburn quarterback Jeff Klein had severe back pain which led him to go to the hospital. Unfortunately, an MRI revealed “spots” on his lower back and his condition has worsened.

“Jeff’s condition has rapidly become more drastic and equally challenging to the doctors since his admittance,” reads the GoFundMe post, written by Heather Kinder.

“There are still a lot of unknowns about future conditions and outcomes at this point. What we do know is that Jeff and Adrienne will have a long, difficult road ahead of them. This road will be paved with an unknown amount of financial hardships and other burdens placed on each family member.”

• WarTiger changed the title to Former AU QB Jeff Klein hospitalized (merged threads)
  • Sani-Freeze changed the title to Former AU QB Jeff Klein passes away

Dang.  I am really sad to see this.  Rest assured, he was definitely loved. 

Heart-wrenching how quickly he was taken but a blessing he didn't suffer long.  Prayers for peace and comfort for the ones he left behind. RIP#9

• Sad 2

Guys this just sucks . No way around . I feel so bad for his family . Young man with so much life . I pray for his family and friends and pray for guidance and comfort . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Heart-wrenching how quickly he was taken but a blessing he didn't suffer long.  Prayers for peace and comfort for the ones he left behind. RIP#9

No kidding- healthy to gone in a week. Unreal. So very sad and unimaginable for the family, but we are sustained by the knowledge that he's forever home.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just shocking how quickly it went. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like it. Apparently he was ok just 4 weeks ago. 

5 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Just shocking how quickly it went. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like it. Apparently he was ok just 4 weeks ago. 

I read the the same.. not comparing the two, but  I lost my father at 36 years old. I was 6 years old . He was extremely healthy and worked hard. Then next thing you know a heart attack took him. I struggle every day with it. I pray these kids get the support they need and Christ wraps His arms around them . 

• Thanks 1

My prayers for his family. From all I have read here there is little doubt he is with our Lord and is now watching over his family from above.

19 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I read the the same.. not comparing the two, but  I lost my father at 36 years old. I was 6 years old . He was extremely healthy and worked hard. Then next thing you know a heart attack took him. I struggle every day with it. I pray these kids get the support they need and Christ wraps His arms around them . 

Sorry man - That has to be incredibly tough. Very sobering thought too (Jeff was my age). I'll definitely hug the kids a little tighter tonight.

• Thanks 1