#25 Baseball vs #12 Vanderbilt

Final score 19-4.  Not a good day for the pitching staff.  Could have had the pitching screen out there, looked like BP for Vandy after the 3rd.  Here’s the pathetic line  

19-23-1

4-8-0

Hate is for the boys, as they have been stringing together a few good games and scrappy wins prior to day.  But, if we win tomorrow we still win the series against another ranked team.  Let’s go guys, bring the W home in the rubber game tomorrow.  War Eagle!

Edited by jw 4 au
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am. Really looking fora better game today. 

You shouldn't be. Vandy is loaded with talent....including one of the best college baseball players in America. What was going on with them was all mental. TN hurt their feelings but did not diminish their talent. Corbin is a great coach and it's never easy to win against them. That tells me how phenomenal TN is in 2022. I'm scared of that series....

I'm hoping the NIL can help Butch catch up with the lottery states.....

A new but cool gorgeous morning in east Central Alabama. Finally little or no wind. First pitch temp at 70 degrees climbing to 76. Great day to enjoy easing over to greatest campus on the planet….IMO

• Like 2

Absolute gem from Gonzalez today. Complete game. He's a throwback. Command and movement over velo. Pitch to contact and efficient with low pitch count and stress. Makes it look effortless when he's on. Really fun to watch

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I said last year that I thought Gonzalez might be our next big ace, and today he showed how good he can be. He may be the best we've seen in a long time. 

This was a great series and Auburn is on the move. Sonny D continues to amaze everyone. 

WDE! It's GREAT to be an Auburn Tiger!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Absolute gem from Gonzalez today. Complete game. He's a throwback. Command and movement over velo. Pitch to contact and efficient with low pitch count and stress. Makes it look effortless when he's on. Really fun to watch

Joseph was great, felt he could go the length after six.  Could not write up a more beautiful day at the park and way to go about business. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

The key stat in his stat line: Walks, 0. It's such a relief to see that!

Complete joy to watch. Been a while seeing one of our staff do that kind of work.

• Like 2