A-Day Game thread

Tigerpro2a

TJ has an issue with these short throws, he double hitched like 3 times

1 minute ago, e808 said:

TJ has been up and down today. Easily could have thrown 3 picks 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that has been the criticism of him all along. He’s got a strong arm, but doesn’t have great poise. He’ll hit a beautiful pass one play, and throw to nobody on the next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Finley does look better but I still ain’t sold on him. In my opinion that don’t matter he just doesn’t seem very good. O-Line still looks blah. I think there are a few out though. 

agree. It's just A day but certainly doesn't change my opinion that the starter needs to be Zach. Saw some positives from Robby. 

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Are you sure?  I thought he had the option of his super season?

Last year was his 6th season 

A few takes here on individuals...

Caleb Wooden and Cayden Bridges playing really well. I think we will be better on the backend this year.

OL is muh, Hard to put too much stock into it with so many guys hurt. Pass pro is better than Run blocking which is expected with this group.

Robby Ashford has legit game speed and has looked pretty sharp throwing as well.

TJ looks mproved, but still sails them too often. I just don't feel it with TJ yet.

Tank is Tank. 

Eku Leota is going to have an ALL SEC season.

GArner Langlo is a massive young man.

Sean Jackson was such a valuable addition as a walk on. Glad he has been gifted a scholly. He will definitely play his part.

M. Gilbert looks like a physical specimen. 

• Like 2

Impressed with Ashford but my first half MVP is Eku

• Like 1

Hope our defense holds up bc there's not much exciting about our offense. QBs aren't good, WRs are all tiny, OL is bad and negates our best player in Tank. Shenker is a good "possession" TE but he's not going to stress any defenses.

I'd like to see Ashford throw the ball over 10 yards.

It's really disappointing Calzada can't go live.

I think we might have our best pass rushers in a handful of years. Maybe only positive. Stiner and Riley seemed to play OK with the 1s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Anyone else catch the commentary on Greiner? Not a positive outlook on his beginning. 

Swimming?

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Have definitely noticed this. 

C7EB92A7-6390-47CF-9306-361749883024.jpeg

Our or is really bad. Multiple starters out, pushing 2nd teamers up to first, 3rd teamers on the 2nd OL that opened holes vs our first string defense.

Not great

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Hope our defense holds up bc there's not much exciting about our offense. QBs aren't good, WRs are all tiny, OL is bad and negates our best player in Tank. Shenker is a good "possession" TE but he's not going to stress any defenses.

I'd like to see Ashford throw the ball over 10 yards.

It's really disappointing Calzada can't go live.

I think we might have our best pass rushers in a handful of years. Maybe only positive. Stiner and Riley seemed to play OK with the 1s

I think it's still way too early, but this definitely doesn't give me a ton of the feel goods.

Seen some good things and some bad things. Right now I think Ashford played a little better than Finley. Finlety made a couple of great throws but could and should have been picked at least twice. Didn't really get to see Ashford throw the deep ball but made some good decisions.  WR's got some separation some good catches but also a dropped pass by Dawson but he also got open a lot. D is solid even though playing very vanilla. Gilbert had an easy drop of a sure interception.  

Some bad penalties. Harsin is a perfectionist he will talk about the holds and the dropped passes.  I like the mixture of play calling and passing to WR's, TE's, RB's.  Also liked the screen passes one executed well one not so well. 

Some of the new O-Line looked solid, but still a work in progress but they do seem stronger and more physical. One really bad play on the short and 1 to Jackson that is type play that you can't have. 

We don't have enough, or really any, possession receiving options to dink and dunk down the field, which is what we do with TJ. We do have some speedsters though. Gotta try and create explosive plays with them

• Like 1

Never been a question on TJ's arm strength. He's just very inconsistent. With a meh OL and questionable WRs...we need the QB that's going to be the most consistent and a difference maker.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

We don't have enough, or really any, possession receiving options to dink and dunk down the field, which is what we do with TJ. We do have some speedsters though. Gotta try and create explosive plays with them

Liked that play they tried with Dawson. If they can get him around the corner, he can speed for big yardage.