A-Day Game thread

Tigerpro2a

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I think it's still way too early, but this definitely doesn't give me a ton of the feel goods.

It's really hard to take anything substantial away from A Day. But it all just seems meh. Offense doesn't scream dynamic, but we aren't showing much I'm sure.

Ashford is fast, but I want to see him be more of a QB and how he does throwing down field.

Finley has improved a lot, he's just still inconsistent. Wish he had another yesr to sit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Our or is really bad. Multiple starters out, pushing 2nd teamers up to first, 3rd teamers on the 2nd OL that opened holes vs our first string defense.

Not great

I was wondering how many were out. OL just doesn’t have the talent. That’ll be the problem with this team in general I’m afraid. 

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Jordon Ingram looks slow. Goodness. 

He runs very straight up and down

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

We don't have enough, or really any, possession receiving options to dink and dunk down the field, which is what we do with TJ. We do have some speedsters though. Gotta try and create explosive plays with them

I'd be fine with dink and dunk if we're using our TEs. I just trust our TEs catching a lot more than the WRs at this point. Talent is there but just like the QBs we need to see consistency. 

16 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

TJ doesn’t make bad decisions. He just is not consistent 

Can’t teach accuracy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I was wondering how many were out. OL just doesn’t have the talent. That’ll be the problem with this team in general I’m afraid. 

Well at least 3 in Trox, Brahms, Council (if they all start)

Tank going 5 carries for 12 yards against our 2nd team defense is extremely concerning. Still in shock we got no offensive linemen in the portal pre spring.

• Like 4

The entire 3rd quarter is going to be the 2nd team's opening drive and they've gone like 10 yards

Great throw by Ashford

that was a great throw.  Followed by two more great throws.  Then a missed block

So glad to see Capers involved. He has a chance to be our main guy. 

Ashford is just too athletic to not be on the field. Seems like a guy who can get better and better as the season goes on. Of course we got to see him in a real game but the athleticism can’t be denied. 

• Like 4

You can really see that if Robby is a good passer...his athletic ability will present problems for teams. When you can keep defenses guessing..that presents several positives for the offense.

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Can’t teach accuracy 

Exactly. People keep trying to say he can drastically improve. But that isn’t how accuracy works. Bad three point shooters don’t suddenly become good with work. Neither do inaccurate QBs. Best we can ask for is marginal improvement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

Tank going 5 carries for 12 yards against our 2nd team defense is extremely concerning. Still in shock we got no offensive linemen in the portal pre spring.

OL is going to be our downfall.

Robby has had a nice drive, couple bad sacks tho

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

The entire 3rd quarter is going to be the 2nd team's opening drive and they've gone like 10 yards

Yea I hate these short quarters and running clock. I don't think it's fair for the fans or the players. Aday has always been a chance for the players to get out there and show what they can do. USually everybody plays....it's just not easy to get everybody reps on 30-40 plays over 32 minutes.

Just now, W.E.D said:

OL is going to be our downfall.

Robby has had a nice drive, couple bad sacks tho

Won’t be able to watch full game until tomorrow but sounds like Ashford could be the guy. We may have a scenario like the one I presented in the other thread - where TJ is a marginally better passer with more knowledge of the playbook, but Ashford is a drastically better athlete.

Ashford's stock seems to be rising. He made some really nice throws and only one bad throw on that drive. Left pocket to soon on one player but still found a TE so it was still a positive play.

Just now, AUght2win said:

Won’t be able to watch full game until tomorrow but sounds like Ashford could be the guy. We may have a scenario like the one I presented in the other thread - where TJ is a marginally better passer with more knowledge of the playbook, but Ashford is a drastically better athlete.

I believe this is the ultimate battle for the back up QB spot when it is all said and done. I really believe ZC is going to beat them both out.

• Like 1