Fox News Doctors Clips of Joe Biden and Barack Obama

aubiefifty

rollingstone.com

Fox News Doctors Clips of Joe Biden and Barack Obama

Ryan Bort
9-11 minutes

April 6, 2022 12:43PM ET

Fox News Doctored Clips of Obama’s Visit to the White House to Make It Seem Like Biden Was Lost

Conservative media couldn’t resist deceptively editing video of the former president to make it seem like the current president is unfit for office

Joe Biden Barack ObamaJoe Biden Barack Obama

President Joe Biden and former President Barack Obama stand together onstage during an event about the Affordable Care Act, in the East Room of the White House, in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, April 5, 2022.

AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster

Barack Obama visited the White House for the first time since he left office on Tuesday. He was there to celebrate the 12th anniversary of the Affordable Care Act, as well as to watch President Biden sign an executive order aimed at improving the law. Obama’s return created plenty of commotion, and for Fox News and the rest of the right-wing ecosphere, a fresh opportunity to cast Biden as a weaker, watered-down version of the former president.

The Republican National Committee shared two clips of the visit that quickly went viral. The first shows an ostensibly confused Biden ambling around the stage as Obama holds court behind him. The second is similar, with Biden standing on the periphery as Obama greets well wishers.

This is so sadpic.twitter.com/pb959HYIQy

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) April 5, 2022

The clips even made it onto the Fox News primetime slate. “Biden doesn’t know what on earth he’s doing or, at times, where he even is,” Lauran Ingraham said as she played the first clip. Tucker Carlson played the second, along with a “King Obama” graphic depicting the former president wearing a crown and a menacing scowl. “Make it stop,” Carlson said. “It’s awful.”

The only problem is that both clips were taken out of context. Biden does look a little confused in the first clip, but it’s only because he’s looking for someone, perhaps Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, whom he brings up onstage to applause shortly after the conservative media cut ends. The second clip ends right before Biden gets Obama’s attention and introduces him to someone. Twitter user @acyn helpfully attached the full clips to the end of the Fox News segments lambasting the edited versions.

The end of this one stops early before you see he was introducing someone pic.twitter.com/l55K5ibMpx

— Acyn (@Acyn) April 6, 2022

Newsmax got in on the action, too. The network on Tuesday ran a “PRESIDENT OBAMA 2.0” graphic along with a bizarre chyron about how Biden and Obama are “beta males.” It also showed the clips, both with similar deceptive edits. “At one point he’s just walking aimlessly through the room,” an on-air commentator said on Wednesday morning. “It’s really sad. He doesn’t know where to go.”

“This is a lost old man. This is when I pulled out the 25th Amendment,” another added before arguing that the 25th Amendment, which allows for the removal of the president from office if they’re unable to discharge their duties, could be in play before 2024. “I believe it is if the evidence continues to mount that President Biden is actually incapable of performing his job,” she said.

"This is when I pulled out the 25th Amendment and read it again," said fmr. New York Lt. Gov. Betsy McCaughey after President Joe Biden appeared to wander in confusion at an event with fmr. President Barack Obama on Tuesday. #WakeUpAmerica pic.twitter.com/1dOL10JIb5

— Newsmax (@newsmax) April 6, 2022

Biden’s effectiveness as a president is up for debate, but conservative media feeling the need to doctor video clips of the president proves there isn’t as much evidence that he can’t do the job as they’d like there to be.

Newswire

Not sure why they went through the trouble to make him look lost. There are plenty of instances that of him doing that on his own! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Not sure why they went through the trouble to make him look lost. There are plenty of instances that of him doing that on his own! 😂 

Dishonesty and deception just comes more natural to them. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

if trump had not been such a richard and a crook biden probably never gets a chance to be elected. you can joke all you want but this is the truth. and the reason the right makes him look bad is because that is what you guys do. you guys pretty much smear everything not right leaning and now you are electing whacko's to office like hawthorne and greene that would love nothing better than to see this country go down the tubes in support of your fuhrer. but let me hear your excuse. tell me with a straight face trump would not have taken over if he found a way to do it. and you would probably still be polishing his testicles...................but it is ok. you have lots of company who would have loved to see it as well.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if trump had not been such a richard and a crook biden probably never gets a chance to be elected. you can joke all you want but this is the truth. and the reason the right makes him look bad is because that is what you guys do. you guys pretty much smear everything not right leaning and now you are electing whacko's to office like hawthorne and greene that would love nothing better than to see this country go down the tubes in support of your fuhrer. but let me hear your excuse. tell me with a straight face trump would not have taken over if he found a way to do it. and you would probably still be polishing his testicles...................but it is ok. you have lots of company who would have loved to see it as well.

I thought the discussion was about Biden. Not sure why you are bringing up Trump when we are talking about Biden looking lost. You are the one hung up on Trump’s testicles it seems with the enormous amount you bring him up. 

He does look lost half the time. 

PS: Use the shift button on a PC for capitals or if on a mobile device the up arrow ⬆️ turns your letter into a capital. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Just like CNN and MSNBC like to edit video to shape the clips into something they want. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You’re joking right? After 4 years of doing the same toTrump.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I thought the discussion was about Biden. Not sure why you are bringing up Trump when we are talking about Biden looking lost. You are the one hung up on Trump’s testicles it seems with the enormous amount you bring him up. 

He does look lost half the time. 

PS: Use the shift button on a PC for capitals or if on a mobile device the up arrow ⬆️ turns your letter into a capital. 

ok karen

15 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Just like CNN and MSNBC like to edit video to shape the clips into something they want. 

And?  The thread and incident it showed was about Fox - the network I’ll add that many here put a lot of unearned trust in to actually be honest and “fair.”

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You’re joking right? After 4 years of doing the same toTrump.

You’re welcome to start a thread about the sins of other networks, but deflection over Trump and other cable news outlets doesn’t change anything regarding this incident at Fox. I thought Fox was supposed to be above the slimy behavior of the “mainstream media.”  Does dishonestly get better just because it’s done to serve a viewpoint more to your liking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, if the discussion is about Biden's competency to be president - which is the major theme of MAGAs, then the reason he got elected president is in order.  After all, Trump was the only alternative. So what does that say about Trump?

(See the irony? )

I never watch either of those channels. 

So, got an example to support that claim?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And?  The thread and incident it showed was about Fox - the network I’ll add that many here put a lot of unearned trust in to actually be honest and “fair.”

And? 

You should hold the same standard to the folks on your side of the aisle too. I don’t see you chiming in on fifty about him bringing up Trump into the discussion. The thread is about an incident involving Biden, not Trump. I guess this is another one of those ever changing rules? 

Again, I’ll reiterate…other networks like to edit footage to get a particular “look” to their stories. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You’re welcome to start a thread about the sins of other networks, but deflection over Trump and other cable news outlets doesn’t change anything regarding this incident at Fox. I thought Fox was supposed to be above the slimy behavior of the “mainstream media.”  Does dishonestly get better just because it’s done to serve a viewpoint more to your liking?

Of course it does.  It becomes the "truth" when it suits their politics.

If we learned anything about Republicans, it's politics over principle.  Always.

(Assuming of course, they have any principles, which - by definition - they don't.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, if the discussion is about Biden's competency to be president - which is the major theme of MAGAs, then the reason he got elected president is in order.  After all, Trump was the only alternative. So what does that say about Trump?

(See the irony? )

Focus, we are talking about Fox making Biden look lost. When in fact they don’t need to try to make him look lost. He does that quite well on his own. 

Not sure why the need to reference Trump. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Of course it does.  It becomes the "truth" when it suits their politics.

If we learned anything about Republicans, it's politics over principle.  Always.

(Assuming of course, they have any principles, which - by definition - they don't.)

The irony with this response. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Focus, we are talking about Fox making Biden look lost. When in fact they don’t need to try to make him look lost. He does that quite well on his own. 

By "focus" you obviously want me to ignore the irony of MAGAs trying to portray Biden as incompetent - a primary meme by you guys on this forum - without considering that perhaps the main reason he won was because the alternative was voting for Trump.

So, what does that say about Trump that he couldn't beat an older man who is incompetent?

As for the need to bring up Trump, there is none.  But this not the serious forum - it's the trash talk forum.  I think you are the one who is confused about where you are.  Focus.   ;D

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

By "focus" you obviously want me to ignore the irony of MAGAs trying to portray Biden as incompetent - a primary meme by you guys on this forum - without considering that perhaps the main reason he won was because the alternative was voting for Trump.

So, what does that say about Trump that he couldn't beat and older man who is incompetent?

As for the need to bring up Trump, there is none.  But this not the serious forum - it's the trash talk forum.  I think you are the one who is confused about where you are.  Focus.   ;D

Not according to Titan, we are supposed to stay on track with the original topic of the thread. This is about Biden not Trump. 

I haven’t said he was incompetent, I said he often looks lost. I mean, he can’t even figure out where to go when walking into the WH. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Honesty is what I like in the news. I get zero from MSM. A little from Fox News. It is a sad situation.

6 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

awww you told on me to the big guy and went all karen on my typing. and you also missed the point that titan is a republican and the fact he has some honor. and i am pretty sure he has given folks plenty of passes when it comes to the rules. and this would be on both sides of the aisle. and lastly you seem to give fox news a break because biden is lost but you do not say ANYTHING about fox lies and being dishonest which means to me you are being dishonest with us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

awww you told on me to the big guy and went all karen on my typing. and you also missed the point that titan is a republican and the fact he has some honor. and i am pretty sure he has given folks plenty of passes when it comes to the rules. and this would be on both sides of the aisle. and lastly you seem to give fox news a break because biden is lost but you do not say ANYTHING about fox lies and being dishonest which means to me you are being dishonest with us.

Titan a republican?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 You have jokes! 

I haven’t given Fox News a pass. I just said they don’t have a need to make him look lost, he does that on his own. 

But I’m glad you recognize that Biden is in fact lost. 

9 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Titan a republican?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 You have jokes! 

I haven’t given Fox News a pass. I just said they don’t have a need to make him look lost, he does that on his own. 

But I’m glad you recognize that Biden is in fact lost. 

titan said he is and i believe him. do you really want to call him a liar?