Holden Geriner is the best Hs QB we've recruited since Jason Campbell

W.E.D

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Facts?

Facts.

I refuse to buy into an Auburn QB out of HS until proven. Sorry!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

Just now, AUwent said:

I refuse to buy into an Auburn QB out of HS. Sorry!

I don't want him to start right now. I'm pretty adamant on TrFr never starting...but I think he's gonna be a good one. He was playing vs walk ons, but he looked good

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

Facts.

It depends.

Best HS QB

Best QB recruited out of HS

Best potential for a HS QB 

Best looking as and incoming Fr

Best QB in the right system

Best system for a QB

Etc.

We've had some great HS QBs that didn't come close to reaching potential. Under this staff, I don't see that as an ongoing issue.

I will say this also, his arm, release and accuracy did not disappoint.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't want him to start right now. I'm pretty adamant on TrFr never starting...but I think he's gonna be a good one. He was playing vs walk ons, but he looked good

Now you want to join the hype train.  :bananadance:  Welcome, I’m the captain.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always thought the kid would start as soon as Bo left. Bo left a year earlier than I expected, but today proved that the freshman has a chance. Like what I saw out of Ashford. TJ was the same old TJ, every time he drops back, I just assume something negative will happen. I hope the kid achieves greatness, I just don’t think he’ll be on the field when it happens. 

Edited by AUStew87
  • Like 3

Not advocating for him to start but he certainly looked pretty good today.  Would have been nice to see him against the #1 defense.  I saw nothing different from #1.  If he is the future QB that is not such a bad thing.😎

1 hour ago, AUStew87 said:

Always thought the kid would start as soon as Bo left. Bo left a year than I expected, but today proofed that the freshman has a chance. Like what I saw out of Ashford. TJ was the same old TJ, every time he drops back, I just assume something negative will happen. I hope the kid achieves greatness, I just don’t think he’ll be on the field when it happens. 

With TJ u have no idea what will happen when he drops back. It could be a bullet right on target or sail 10 yards over the receivers head. That happened today. Consistently inconsistent 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Holden Geriner is the best Hs QB we've recruited since Jason Campbell
4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Calzada or Finley will be the starter. I'm thinking It's Calzada.

If Calzada knows the plays, I think he starts. If not will be TJ. Harsin seems adamant about that.

39 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If Calzada knows the plays, I think he starts. If not will be TJ. Harsin seems adamant about that.

I will respectfully say if it’s TJ we are in trouble based on what was seen today. 2 for sure picks. On the TD a better db and thats probably a pick and on that blind side sack he probably fumbles if it was live. Also he wasn’t going against the #1s.

Edited by e808
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Let’s not exaggerate. He looked good on his one drive. But it was just one drive, and he didn’t really have to throw down field at all. There have been plenty of QBs that have looked good on a day and not panned out. On the contrary, Cam looked awful on A day. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Let’s not exaggerate. He looked good on his one drive. But it was just one drive, and he didn’t really have to throw down field at all. There have been plenty of QBs that have looked good on a day and not panned out. On the contrary, Cam looked awful on A day. 

OMG I remember that day. You are so right. 

22 hours ago, AUwent said:

I refuse to buy into an Auburn QB out of HS until proven. Sorry!

Agree. Bo was all world coming out of HS and it never translated into greatness at the college level. Not convinced he even wins starting job at Oregon. Hopefully Holden will turn out differently. 

12 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

This is a good point. That said, his style of play is what makes me think it shouldn't be a foregone conclusion that he's not starting. Make quick decisions and get the ball to your receivers. Helps with this OL. Question would be can he throw deep. I think so but didn't get to see yesterday 

5 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. Bo was all world coming out of HS and it never translated into greatness at the college level. Not convinced he even wins starting job at Oregon. Hopefully Holden will turn out differently. 

Ty Thompson would likely start here too, to be fair to Nix