2023 4* Safety Terrance Love Commits To AU!

toddc

4-star safety Terrance Love commits to Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 14 minutes ago

Don't expect Auburn's 4-way QB battle to be settled at A-Day

Following a two-day visit to Auburn in March, 4-star safety Terrance Love of Fairburn (Ga.) Langston Hughes was asked to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10.

Love replied, “It was probably an 11.”

Love's return visit to Auburn this weekend might score even higher. That's because the standout defender from the Peach State has committed to the Tigers.

Why Auburn?

“Proximity. Right down the street -- feels like home. Coach (Zac Etheridge) didn’t let up," Love said.

Love is commitment No. 2 in the 2023 class for Auburn, joining 4-star center Bradyn Joiner of Auburn (Ala.) High. Love, listed at 6-foot-2 and 195 pounds, is the No. 17 recruit in the state of Georgia and No. 182 overall prospect nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He's also the No. 16 safety in the class.

Love was joined in Auburn by his parents. They also were with him in March.

“They like it,” Love recently said of his parents. “It’s a place where I can get on the field early and it’s only like an hour and 30 minutes from home. It feels like it’s right around the corner."

4COMMENTS

Secondary coach Zac Etheridge is Love's primary Auburn recruiter. And Etheridge played an enormous role in making this commitment come to fruition.

“He pretty much tells you the truth,” Love said. “He said if I can get in and learn the system, I could play early.”

Edited by toddc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• toddc changed the title to Terrance Love Committed

Big pickup to get some momentum!  I believe we have two of his teammates we really want as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Big pickup to get some momentum!  I believe we have two of his teammates we really want as well.

I think they visited somewhere else and he was originally supposed to go with them.

• toddc changed the title to 4* Safety Terrance Love Committed

Huge pickup. Getting a foothold in South Fulton county will pay huge dividends. Westlake, Creekside, and Hughes are all LOADED over the next 3 years. WDE

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hopefully this is the proverbial ball starting to roll!

• Like 2

• Like 2

Just now, toddc said:

Man I wish. Stupid amount of talent in and around that area.

• Like 1

Etheridge doing what he does. Not surprised. The defensive recruiting is usually on point. Now hopefully the offensive coaches can keep up and do their part this time because last cycle they were slipping badly IMO

• Like 3

BB754827-8033-4460-BA98-169D3066C207.png

• Love 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Etheridge doing what he does. Not surprised. The defensive recruiting is usually on point. Now hopefully the offensive coaches can keep up and do their part this time because last cycle they were slipping badly IMO

WR and OL were mediocre at best 

• Like 1

Boom! 

The drought is over. I hope this truly is the start of some dominoes falling. I don't expect to fill have the class over the next few months, but if we can get 3-4 over the summer and then hopefully perform on the field I think we can have a good class for 23.

Finally. Hope that starts some positive momentum and we can get a few more committed. Constant rumors that a bunch of ppl are close 

Great end to the weekend! Great kid, loved his written commitment. Now let's get another 22 4 or 5 star kids. 5, 5 star linemen would help a bit!

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

This! I am not worried about defensive recruiting at all. However, offensive recruiting is a major issue...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AUreo said:

However, offensive recruiting is a major issue...

You think it’d be the other way around since our HC is offensive guy but......... hopefully Hilliard figures out recruiting and gets results and I don’t even know what to say about Friend at this point 

3 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

Huge pickup. Getting a foothold in South Fulton county will pay huge dividends. Westlake, Creekside, and Hughes are all LOADED over the next 3 years. WDE

We're counting on you!

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 4* Safety Terrance Love Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned this topic

Big time pickup . Great size . Great job staff . A lot to be excited about here. I expect big things in recruiting and the portal soon . Great win here . I said the word “great” a lot . 

• Like 2

Great pickup. I love tall safeties.

War Eagle and Welcome to Auburn.

• Like 1