2022 post-spring depth chart

aubiefifty

So just read that with the re-addition of Robinson we have 75 scholarship spots filled. That is including the summer enrolles arriving in a few weeks. Lol, the narrative that we ran off the entire roster and will be playing with walk-ons may have been a tad overblown. Not gonna lie I thought we were in the 60's. We may have been during spring with all of the injuries and lack of summer guys 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, au302 said:

Lol, the narrative that we ran off the entire roster and will be playing with walk-ons may have been a tad overblown

7369e47d2950dcfddb8fed50baa176fd4473dd2b 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, au302 said:

Lol, the narrative that we ran off the entire roster and will be playing with walk-ons may have been a tad overblown

Understatement of the last several months in regards to some things. People are pissed about recruiting and the five losses. Rightfully so but they also decided to just make s*** up along the way. Not respectable at all.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, au302 said:

So just read that with the re-addition of Robinson we have 75 scholarship spots filled. That is including the summer enrolles arriving in a few weeks. Lol, the narrative that we ran off the entire roster and will be playing with walk-ons may have been a tad overblown. Not gonna lie I thought we were in the 60's. We may have been during spring with all of the injuries and lack of summer guys 

I mean, that's still 10 shy of a full boat and we have 8 unused slots for this cycle. And it's not like we're Trevor Lawrence-era Clemson. We're still very, very thin at OL and WR.

The facts of the matter have been overblown about as much as everything gets overblown. Such as the conversation around Harsin and his job performance. 

Because here's the thing. Almost all of the negative chatter that a few continue to obsess over happened a few months ago, and only certain aspects of it were exaggerated. We have seen marked changes in how Harsin has been doing his business since February; thus, "the narrative" has changed significantly. That's how it works for most sensible folks just looking at the information that's available for public consumption. They opine on what things look like at the time.

Things looked very, very bad in February. We signed zero guys on NSD after losing our last 5 straight. Our OC was fired, our DC made a lateral move to a lesser program, we tried to hire another OC with pending recruiting allegations, and then we did hire another OC whose plane briefly touched down on the runway before taking off again. These are all cold, hard facts. If any fan of any other program told us this was all happening at their school, every single person here would call it a dumpster fire.  

*That's* why all that stuff happened starting the night of NSD. Maybe it wouldn't have happened to a coach who was better liked by the PTB, but it also wouldn't have happened to Harsin if he was getting the job done. He wasn't. Now it looks like he is. Most of us are moving on, except a few who will never embrace Harsin and a few who can't let old stuff go. 

This really shouldn't continue to be such an emotional thing. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, auburnphan said:

will stop here but it goes on and on

Prompt and to the point. At this point if you still trying to rationalize things that seemingly have been contradictory, you are just either prideful or ignorant.  Probably a little both. Glad to see this young man is back. Also glad to see that the vibe among the football team is more  positive. Will it transition to wins. I tend to believe so.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I mean, that's still 10 shy of a full boat and we have 8 unused slots for this cycle. And it's not like we're Trevor Lawrence-era Clemson. We're still very, very thin at OL and WR.

The facts of the matter have been overblown about as much as everything gets overblown. Such as the conversation around Harsin and his job performance. 

Because here's the thing. Almost all of the negative chatter that a few continue to obsess over happened a few months ago, and only certain aspects of it were exaggerated. We have seen marked changes in how Harsin has been doing his business since February; thus, "the narrative" has changed significantly. That's how it works for most sensible folks just looking at the information that's available for public consumption. They opine on what things look like at the time.

Things looked very, very bad in February. We signed zero guys on NSD after losing our last 5 straight. Our OC was fired, our DC made a lateral move to a lesser program, we tried to hire another OC with pending recruiting allegations, and then we did hire another OC whose plane briefly touched down on the runway before taking off again. These are all cold, hard facts. If any fan of any other program told us this was all happening at their school, every single person here would call it a dumpster fire.  

*That's* why all that stuff happened starting the night of NSD. Maybe it wouldn't have happened to a coach who was better liked by the PTB, but it also wouldn't have happened to Harsin if he was getting the job done. He wasn't. Now it looks like he is. Most of us are moving on, except a few who will never embrace Harsin and a few who can't let old stuff go. 

This really shouldn't continue to be such an emotional thing. 

This is easily the best post I've seen on here in a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Harsin, The NIL can have some negative consequences when it comes to keeping your team focused and helping players reach their goals.   Trolls, Harsin hates NIL and discourages it to his players.

This is the only comment I will counter just because I have dealt with this department personally.  I don't really think he is on board with the NIL quite yet.  Of course that can change, and I hope he does change his mind.  I wouldn't say he discourages it to his players though.  He just isn't taking the initiative like we hoped he would.  An example of being more helpful would be coming to the department and saying "this player needs help obtaining an NIL deal" and "this recruit is being pitched by 'X' University with this amount."  All of this is easily fixable though, and I hope it is.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This is the only comment I will counter just because I have dealt with this department personally.  I don't really think he is on board with the NIL quite yet.  Of course that can change, and I hope he does change his mind.  I wouldn't say he discourages it to his players though.  He just isn't taking the initiative like we hoped he would.  An example of being more helpful would be coming to the department and saying "this player needs help obtaining an NIL deal" and "this recruit is being pitched by 'X' University with this amount."  All of this is easily fixable though, and I hope it is.  

From what I have read about NIL. Nobody at the University can be directly involved in it.  Having a coach go to the people who are doing the NIL and saying this player needs so and so might get us in trouble. The problem is when NIL was allowed there were no clear guidelines on exactly what was acceptable and what was not.  So how much of it is Harsin not embracing it and how much is that there are no clear guidelines and maybe he is playing it safe especially since our compliance team is very strict.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

From what I have read about NIL. Nobody at the University can be directly involved in it.  Having a coach go to the people who are doing the NIL and saying this player needs so and so might get us in trouble. The problem is when NIL was allowed there were no clear guidelines on exactly what was acceptable and what was not.  So how much of it is Harsin not embracing it and how much is that there are no clear guidelines and maybe he is playing it safe especially since our compliance team is very strict.

There is a way around it where the coach can help direct as well as the assistant coaches.  Cadillac has been involved with our NIL department the most.  Kiffen is also very involved with Ole Miss.  So far, the only NIL departments I have had contact with are Auburn, UGA, Ole Miss, and Georgia Southern (if you really want to call theirs a department) so I am still limited on what I can compare ours to, but that list will grow.  It is still very new to everyone, and a ton of room for growth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Ic thought Hardin did that when Tank was serious about transferring?
Tank was wondering why he wasn’t gettining NIL so Hardin got NIL Auburn to talk to Tank and set him up a deal, Tank was happy again. 

wasn’t this bc of Harsin and our NIL?

Ofc now Auburn NIL has been taken over by Friends of Auburn. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Tank was wondering why he wasn’t gettining NIL so Hardin got NIL Auburn to talk to Tank and set him up a deal, Tank was happy again. 

wasn’t this bc of Harsin and our NIL?

Ofc now Auburn NIL has been taken over by Friends of Auburn. 

Well that was another narrative being pushed too. Auburn NIL was so great and ready to roll but were handcuffed because Harsin hated it. Turns out they were a mess and now need an influx of cash quickly. Hopefully everyone's more on the same page with it going forward, including our staff

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

That was Cadillac’s effort.  The man deserves a pay raise for sure.  Harsin may have been involved, but that is not my understanding.  If someone knows better than me on Tank’s NIL please correct me.  That was before I dealt with the department.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

That was before I dealt with the department.  

You mention the department several times. Care to elaborate? What is "the department" you speak of?

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

You mention the department several times. Care to elaborate? What is "the department" you speak of?

NIL-Auburn, LLC soon to be Friends of Auburn, LLC.  I say the Department because they essentially work with the Athletic Department.  Just an LLC to shield the university from risk if anything goes South, and follow the "rules" the NCAA put forth.  I put quotation marks on that because I think the rules are way too fluid as they will change.  Texas A&M is almost ensuring the rules will change again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

NIL-Auburn, LLC soon to be Friends of Auburn, LLC.  I say the Department because they essentially work with the Athletic Department.  Just an LLC to shield the university from risk if anything goes South, and follow the "rules" the NCAA put forth.  I put quotation marks on that because I think the rules are way too fluid as they will change.  Texas A&M is almost ensuring the rules will change again.

yes, the NIL should be working with the Athletic Department and their representatives. Coaches should not have to waste their time doing what the University needs to provide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I loved the way Geriner played in A-Day game but let's not get to excited. In most cases he looked at one receiver and threw to that receiver so we didn't really see him go though a lot or progressions. Second he was not playing against the number one defense. I am not knocking Geriner he threw pretty passes made quick decisions and got the ball away quickly but you have to look at the quality of the D he was playing against.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I loved the way Geriner played in A-Day game but let's not get to excited

And his 2 deep shots were uncatchable out of bounds. I can understand not wanting to throw an INT, but at least give your guy a chance at the catch. But, he did show a lot of potential.

Edited by oracle79
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I loved the way Geriner played in A-Day game but let's not get to excited. In most cases he looked at one receiver and threw to that receiver so we didn't really see him go though a lot or progressions. Second he was not playing against the number one defense. I am not knocking Geriner he threw pretty passes made quick decisions and got the ball away quickly but you have to look at the quality of the D he was playing against.

For sure. His ability to make quick decisions and distribute the ball quickly with that lightning quick release is why I think he needs to be fully in the competition and not presumed to RS. A QB that can get the ball out where it needs to go can help out our poor OL. Get his timing down on out routes and deep balls with these receivers over the summer and watch out

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Agree...that needs to be moved to rivals board

Ban anyone that keeps bringing up Bo IMO

• Facepalm 1