Interesting Twitter Development

auburn41

Elon wants to buy it ALL!  It seems he may want to get back to the whole "Free Speech" concept.

image.png

Edited by auburn41
  • Like 2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

Elon want to buy it ALL!  It seems he may want to get back to the whole "Free Speech" concept.

image.png

He’ll need to stop blocking folks who criticize him to get there.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’ll need to stop blocking folks who criticize him to get there.

He is following the rules that are laid out by twitter, why would he have to stop blocking them.  He can do that after he owns it.

The richest man in the world wants to buy one of the largest social media platforms on earth to make it his private plaything. 

And people cheer as if this is a good thing? 

weird. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The richest man in the world wants to buy one of the largest social media platforms on earth to make it his private plaything. 

weird. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Yeah? I’m well aware much of our news, media, and entertainment are owned by a small number of ultra wealthy people and companies, and…again… I don’t see how this is a good thing. 

Anything that stems the censorship crusade on Twitter is a good thing actually.

• Like 2

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musks-43-billion-bid-for-twitter-lacks-legal-clout-experts-say-164142962.html

Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s unsolicited bid to buy Twitter (TWTR) for $43 billion, disclosed Thursday, isn’t a traditional takeover offer — so much so, that it may not be a serious or legally binding one.

Securities lawyers say the irregular offer to take Twitter private lacks enough formality to suggest it’s instead a deliberate tactic to elicit a rejection from Twitter’s shareholders, and in turn, create wiggle room for Musk to dispose of his now more valuable shares.

“If I had to guess, I would say that he’s making an unfunded, highly speculative offer, that the board will reject, in order to give himself cover for selling off his stake, now that his board seat gambit has flamed out,” University of Kentucky law professor Alan Kluegel said about Musk’s latest chess move.

58 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musks-43-billion-bid-for-twitter-lacks-legal-clout-experts-say-164142962.html

Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s unsolicited bid to buy Twitter (TWTR) for $43 billion, disclosed Thursday, isn’t a traditional takeover offer — so much so, that it may not be a serious or legally binding one.

Securities lawyers say the irregular offer to take Twitter private lacks enough formality to suggest it’s instead a deliberate tactic to elicit a rejection from Twitter’s shareholders, and in turn, create wiggle room for Musk to dispose of his now more valuable shares.

“If I had to guess, I would say that he’s making an unfunded, highly speculative offer, that the board will reject, in order to give himself cover for selling off his stake, now that his board seat gambit has flamed out,” University of Kentucky law professor Alan Kluegel said about Musk’s latest chess move.

Yes, a Professor from UK is somehow telling us how one of the richest man on planet earth is going to play this?  That professor doesn’t have a clue what Musk is going to do.  What ever it will be, it will be entertaining.  Buckle up.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, a Professor from UK is somehow telling us how one of the richest man on planet earth is going to play this?  That professor doesn’t have a clue what Musk is going to do.  What ever it will be, it will be entertaining.  Buckle up.

I agree with you only in the respect that Musk himself probably doesn't know what he's going to do. Musk is a very impulsive individual and seems to fly by the seat of his pants in a lot of cases, along with his penchant for "trolling". 

Ultimately, I don't think Musk's plan to buy Twitter will succeed. 

Twitter's board will 100% decline his offer and some top twitter stock holders have already come out publicly stating they think Musk's offer is way too low to consider. Twitter has also put into place a "shareholder rights plan" so that if Musk tries a hostile buyout and acquires more than 15% of the company stock, all other investors will be able to buy more stock at a cheaper discount making Musk's share less valuable and making it much more costly for Musk to buy up more. 

Maybe Musk will surprise by doing something crazy (entirely possible), but the most likely outcome is he just sells his 9% of shares for a profit and just moves on to something else to amuse himself. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Maybe Musk will surprise by doing something crazy (entirely possible), but the most likely outcome is he sales his 9% of shares for a profit and just moves on to something else to amuse himself. 

I have no idea what Musk will do, but if he dumps all 9% on the market at once, I have a feeling the stock price will go down.  By the way, twitter is now at around 46 a share, so his offer is reasonable as the company is not worth any more and has been losing money for two years.

On 4/14/2022 at 12:03 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

weird. 

It is when the platform is a biased piece of control. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have no idea what Musk will do, but if he dumps all 9% on the market at once, I have a feeling the stock price will go down.  By the way, twitter is now at around 46 a share, so his offer is reasonable as the company is not worth any more and has been losing money for two years.

Twitter was at $70 a share just a year ago. Musk's offer would only be reasonable if it was believe it can't rebound and was in a spiral.

You rarely buy/sell a business just for "what it's worth" at a single moment in time, you're buying future potential too. 

14 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Twitter was at $70 a share just a year ago. Musk's offer would only be reasonable if it was believe it can't rebound and was in a spiral.

You rarely buy/sell a business just for "what it's worth" at a single moment in time, you're buying future potential too. 

It’s a gamble for sure.

Elon is bored, you have to throw out conventional wisdom when trying to anticipate his next move. 

Ahh…to be the richest man in the world and be able to troll the world because you don’t like something. lol 

• Haha 1

As boring as this latest obsession is, it’s still somewhat fascinating to see how the right wing’s latest hero is Elon Musk just because they perceive him as trolling the libs.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

As boring as this latest obsession is, it’s still somewhat fascinating to see how the right wing’s latest hero is Elon Musk just because they perceive him as trolling the libs.

He’s trolling the world not just the libs. 

It looks like this Administration is using its three letter agencies to stop their opponents.

22 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

He’s trolling the world not just the libs. 

I’m not even talking about him— I’m talking about how so many on the right are perceiving it because they see some libs peaked. I’m even seeing “Elon for President!” Wait until they see his platform— of course, if they see libs respond negatively to part of it first, that’s all they’ll need.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m not even talking about him— I’m talking about how so many on the right are perceiving it because they see some libs peaked. I’m even seeing “Elon for President!” Wait until they see his platform— of course, if they see libs respond negatively to part of it first, that’s all they’ll need.

Well, could you imagine the press conferences? 

Reporter: President Musk, what should we do about Putin?

Musk: Hits blunt

Reporter: ***Awkward silence***
Musk: Nuke ‘em 

A415E63B-4672-487A-A374-FD67C00E6140.gif