*** 2022 AU Gymnastics: Final 4 Live thread (ABC/12c) ***

AUreo

• AUreo changed the title to *** 2022 AU Gymnastics: Final 4 Live thread (ABC/12c) ***

Let's go ladies!!! I won't be able to watch live.  This should be prime time instead. I hope our vaults score higher.  Today is a good day for that 198.5 score 😀   I know judging is tougher but these girls rise to the challenge every time.  Go bring it home!!

40 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Let's go ladies!!! I won't be able to watch live.  This should be prime time instead. I hope our vaults score higher.  Today is a good day for that 198.5 score 😀   I know judging is tougher but these girls rise to the challenge every time.  Go bring it home!!

I totally agree. Maybe in the future. College gymnastics is becoming a thing with NIL and packed arenas, etc (they expect 1m TV viewers today). There is some growth with Clemson and some smaller schools adding gymnastics now. I think College Gymnastics needs more support from famous athletes (LeBron James is somewhat invested in elite gymnastics) and definitely even more bigtime athletes. Suni is a big deal but the next Simone in NCAA would be huge… it also needs to spread across the country, so far its mostly PAC12 and SEC schools…

The Big 3: College Football - College Basketball - College Gymnastics - I think it’s a possibility…

Edited by AUreo

Good start. We are in second after bars. Oklahoma had 2 step OB on floor. That may be to big for them to overcome. Go get it, ladies! War Eagle!!!

• Like 1

2nd after 1 rotation is great. Gotta keep it up, though, and have no off routines! Or maybe all the other teams will make mistakes. :D

Gymanstics subreddit is a hoot. They have way more knowledge and they're all going crazy right now because a judge gave the OU gymnast a 10 when she didn't stick her landing.

Edit: Also mentioned that Florida's scores on vaults scoring were generous. Would love that same consistency with Auburn.

Edited by tgrogan21

Suni next. We need a big score. She had a balance check. Good landing. Score 9.90.

Oklahoma did crazy good on vault, so they are back in it. Florida crushed it on bars.

It seems like we are doing okay, but will likely be 4th after two rotations. Also I think that we have done two of our best rotations. We need to finish really strong and need for Florida to struggle on beam.

By the way, I don't know much about what I'm talking about. Just a big fan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Seems like we are getting underscored - we don’t get the blue blood bonus…

I think there may be some real truth here. Oklahoma got ridiculously good scores on vault. I hope it carries over to us!

Just now, Grumps said:

I think there may be some real truth here. Oklahoma got ridiculously good scores on vault. I hope it carries over to us!

Definitely truth. Multiple people in the Gymnastics subreddit have commented that Florida and OU got over scored on vault while they're being a bit too harsh on Auburn. One judge gave Gabby a 9.7.