Tiger Takeover

aubiefifty

On 4/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, tinman1 said:

Neither did John Carroll before Tom Banks and Pat Sullivan.  Neither did McAdory before Bo.  I could go on and on.  Cudos to the staff for the time and effort they're putting in.

Remember a little known RB from Sulligent high school by the name of Joe Cribbs?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Remember a little known RB from Sulligent high school by the name of Joe Cribbs?

I've heard of him.  I think he was decent.:drippingsarcasm7pa:  When you're prospecting for gold you never know what may be hidden under every rock you turn over.  That's basically recruiting in a nutshell.

13 hours ago, tinman1 said:

I've heard of him.  I think he was decent.:drippingsarcasm7pa:  When you're prospecting for gold you never know what may be hidden under every rock you turn over.  That's basically recruiting in a nutshell.

I also remember a walk-on by the name of Bobby Strickland who fared pretty well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I also remember a walk-on by the name of Bobby Strickland who fared pretty well.

One of the better linebackers to ever wear the Orange and Blue. He was on the scout team as a QB. Legend has it that Coach Jordan told an assistant, "Find some position where we can play that big, good looking kid on the varsity." Thus, we got one of the roughest, toughest LB's ever.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 11:00 PM, milehighfan said:

First time I saw him he was a FR returning punts and I thought “that guy has potential.” 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

First time I saw him he was a FR returning punts and I thought “that guy has potential.” 😉

Damn you're young one I thought you were older

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn you're young one I thought you were older

Not following how that reflects my age, except being old enough to see Cribbs when he was a FR?

On 5/30/2022 at 9:03 AM, Mikey said:

One of the better linebackers to ever wear the Orange and Blue. He was on the scout team as a QB. Legend has it that Coach Jordan told an assistant, "Find some position where we can play that big, good looking kid on the varsity." Thus, we got one of the roughest, toughest LB's ever.

I remember my heart sank when I found out he got hurt against msu late in a game Auburn won 52-0, I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I remember my heart sank when I found out he got hurt against msu late in a game Auburn won 52-0, I believe.

We lost to UGA in the next big game. They spent the entire game running right where Strickland would have been. He recovered in time to play in the bowl game.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

We lost to UGA in the next big game. They spent the entire game running right where Strickland would have been. He recovered in time to play in the bowl game.

I was at that game to see my hero Pat Sullivan.  Remember watching BS limping off the field.  Bless you.  Thought we lost the UGa game because I slammed the door that Saturday morning on a 12 yo from a fundamentalist Baptist church trying to save my soul.  I feel so much better now!

Little doc

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bdc81 said:

I was at that game to see my hero Pat Sullivan.  Remember watching BS limping off the field.  Bless you.  Thought we lost the UGa game because I slammed the door that Saturday morning on a 12 yo from a fundamentalist Baptist church trying to save my soul.  I feel so much better now!

Little doc

God Bless you

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 11:00 PM, milehighfan said:

"a "little" known RB.... "

I see how you slipped in a 'little' humor in that 'train' of thought.

Ooops.  Wrong little RB who made it big in the NFL.   My bad.  I was all excited because I recall seeing Little Train where his own jersey one summer going into Haley,  as he finished his degree.  I kinda laughed and thought," yeah, why not?. "