Tiger Takeover: Coaches Visiting Alabama High Schools

toddc

Auburn coaches are going to try and get to 100s of Alabama high schools during the open period, and then fan out to Florida, Georgia, and across the country.

Edited by toddc

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

CBH and staff are putting in the effort that's for sure. It's good to see.

The foolishness that coach Harsin had to endure might have been the best thing for him and for Auburn.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

The foolishness that coach Harsin had to endure might have been the best thing for him and for Auburn.

Then it would not be foolishness. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Maybe it ends up being the wake up call that got everyone on the same page, but the personal attacks and rumors about him, his staff, and his family that were posted across social media and even on this board were beyond foolish. Not trying to get on a high horse here either, just very upsetting and embarrassing that that part happened and it goes way beyond football imo

Completely agree. The personal attacks and rumors were out of bounds. I'm not sure how that started or who to blame. 

The review of job performance seems justified and appears to be paying off. On a better track at the moment and I don't think that's a coincidence. Maybe Harsin got the wake up call he needed in certain areas that were weaknesses. And he already had clear strengths that we haven't had in a HC in a while. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

Completely agree. The personal attacks and rumors were out of bounds. I'm not sure how that started or who to blame. 

The review of job performance seems justified and appears to be paying off. On a better track at the moment and I don't think that's a coincidence. Maybe Harsin got the wake up call he needed in certain areas that were weaknesses. And he already had clear strengths that we haven't had in a HC in a while. 

This. I am hopeful on that as well. Good on him to have the self-awareness to accept those criticisms if true. Figured after all that drama he'd dig his heels in more than ever and cut off everyone even more. He has come across much more charismatic and relaxed in interviews. Whether all this leads to more success, we don't know. But I'm with you that it's encouraging 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, au302 said:

This. I am hopeful on that as well. Good on him to have the self-awareness to accept those criticisms if true. Figured after all that drama he'd dig his heels in more than ever and cut off everyone even more. He has come across much more charismatic and relaxed in interviews. Whether all this leads to more success, we don't know. But I'm with you that it's encouraging 

Exactly. Flexibility and willingness to learn from mistakes are signs of strength, not weakness. Harsin has a long way to go, but this is the right direction. 

• Like 4