Trump’s Coup Memo Lawyer Is Trying to Hide, Oh, Only 37,000 Pages of Emails From the Jan. 6 Committee

aubiefifty

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And please be more specific on which signs of authoritarianism can be equally applied to a Democratic POTUS.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

8. Children are separated from parents and imprisoned without adequate medical attention or basic compassion. Check. Thousands may never see their parents again, and hundreds still languish in COVID-19-infested camps.

Obama says hello......

15. The power of the presidency is used for personal gain. Check. Foreign diplomats curry favor by enriching Trump’s hotels and golf courses. Large campaign donations are given and rewarded by White House endorsement of commercial products. Trump tried to get the British Open held at his golf resort in Scotland and then fired the nonpartisan inspector general who wrote a report about it and had the report marked classified.

Hunter Biden and also the Clinton's say hello......

10. Racism and sexism are openly encouraged and fostered by the leader. Check. Trump is stressing division and racial anger as he campaigns for reelection.

Democrats constantly try to stir up racial division and anger even where it does not exist.

5. The president is recognized around the world as someone who does not keep his word, acts capriciously and does not tell the truth. Check. Leaders of other democracies will no longer deal with Trump. Multiple organizations have clocked Trump at telling more than 20,000 lies or misstatements in 3 { years.

Biden, Obama, Bush, Clinton all say hello...........

These are just the low hanging fruits.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

He clearly wanted to and many Republicans would facilitate it. Now answer my question— if Trump were President do you think we wouldn’t have inflation?

I do believe we would be seeing inflation, inventory shortages and supply chain problems,….I also believe their would be a few around here ensuring nonstop that Jackass Trump is to blame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I do believe we would be seeing inflation, inventory shortages and supply chain problems,….I also believe their would be a few around here ensuring nonstop that Jackass Trump is to blame.

Some perhaps. The Republican party’s messaging seems to be oblivious to the global inflation that’s occurring— or blame Joe for that, too.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, it's not like he hasn't tried:-\

He did not try to install himself as dictator Brother Homer. I agree that he handled the election results like a horses rear end. Please stop worrying. Bad for your health. To many like minded MAGAs as myself to allow a Trump dictatorship.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Some perhaps. The Republican party’s messaging seems to be oblivious to the global inflation that’s occurring— or blame Joe for that, too.

Of course it is. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

He did not try to install himself as dictator Brother Homer. I agree that he handled the election results like a horses rear end. Please stop worrying. Bad for your health. To many like minded MAGAs as myself to allow a Trump dictatorship.

I have my doubts.  We sure aren't hearing from them. And Trump's still pushing the big lie.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I have my doubts.  We sure aren't hearing from them. And Trump's still pushing the big lie.

Even if he did accomplish overturning the results of the election by litigation, and was re-inaugurated, he would still just be president. Not king or dictator or even hitler.  You are terrified over nothing.

• Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He’d be no more of a dictator than the current president. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

So what do you call it when a sitting leader attempts to subvert our democratic process in order to illegally remain in power?

What would you call it if he has succeeded? What would you call it if the President of the United States was in office because he himself rigged the election by leveraging the mechanisms of government that are supposed to serve as checks and balances against exactly what he did? What faith do you have remaining in our government's ability to withstand dictatorship?

Too many like-minded MAGAs like you, indeed. And not nearly enough Republicans willing to call it what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So what do you call it when a sitting leader attempts to subvert our democratic process in order to illegally remain in power?

What would you call it if he has succeeded? What would you call it if the President of the United States was in office because he himself rigged the election by leveraging the mechanisms of government that are supposed to serve as checks and balances against exactly what he did? What faith do you have remaining in our government's ability to withstand dictatorship?

Too many like-minded MAGAs like you, indeed. And not nearly enough Republicans willing to call it what it is.

We're at a point where 50% of Republicans will deny that Trump and his allies did anything wrong in the election, and that they don't care what people say, what the text messages say, what evidence there is...they don't care....they wont believe Trump and the GOP tried to illegally influence or overturn the election no matter what. Full stop. 

The other 50% of Republicans are at least willing to admit that the evidence is pretty damning and that Trump and his GOP allies probably did want to overturn the election and likely would have taken any action ,constitutional or not, to see it happen if they saw an opportunity. 

But the  one thing almost all Republicans agree with is that they don't really give a damn either way. Most of them...they wont usually say it out loud...but they kind of wish Trump DID find a way to overturn the election and stay in power.....they don't care that he tried because they would have liked the outcome if it had happened. 

It's useless trying to convince these people that Trump's actions were bad because they either 1) wont believe it no matter what or 2) Don't care and wish Trump would have succeeded at it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We're at a point where 50% of Republicans will deny that Trump and his allies did anything wrong in the election, and that they don't care what people say, what the text messages say, what evidence there is...they don't care....they wont believe Trump and the GOP tried to illegally influence or overturn the election no matter what. Full stop. 

The other 50% of Republicans are at least willing to admit that the evidence is pretty damning and that Trump and his GOP allies probably did want to overturn the election and likely would have taken any action ,constitutional or not, to see it happen if they saw an opportunity. 

But the  one thing almost all Republicans agree with is that they don't really give a damn either way. Most of them...they wont usually say it out loud...but they kind of wish Trump DID find a way to overturn the election and stay in power.....they don't care that he tried because they would have liked the outcome if it had happened. 

It's useless trying to convince these people that Trump's actions were bad because they either 1) wont believe it no matter what or 2) Don't care and wish Trump would have succeeded at it. 

It just blows me away that they can't grasp the implications. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That “sitting leader” was a horses ass like inferred to Brother Homer. He did not “succeed” . Though very distraught about the way the Jackass handled the election I was never concerned that election night would be overthrown. Thank you Loof.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yep, Alabama politicians are continuing to ride his coat tails. 

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You are probably correct about a large percentage. Why do you think that is true? 

Is it enough to elect the man again. I doubt it. Doubt that he will even run again.

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

The hell he didn't.

And he hasn't given up:

Trump still privately pushes the groundless claim that the 2020 election result can be canceled and he can return to power, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-still-privately-claiming-2020-election-can-be-overturned-nyt-2022-4

This attitude you have about simply dismissing Trump as not being a serious threat is foolish. 

A lot of Germans didn't take Hitler seriously either until it was too late. (Hitler's popular support was only 37%, at it's peak.) https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/trump-hitler-nazi-fascism/

You are in denial.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Now the Trump-Hitler comparison begins. 

Does that mean Biden=Stalin? 

That's called a diversion.

It's what happens when you cannot challenge on the basis of facts.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's called a diversion.

It's what happens when you cannot challenge on the basis of facts.

Glad you realize what you did. 

The left tries to make the comparison of Trump to Hitler or a dictator but never factually back up how he is like Hitler. 

13 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Glad you realize what you did. 

The left tries to make the comparison of Trump to Hitler or a dictator but never factually back up how he is like Hitler. 

Well, in this particular case, it was a demonstration of how an authoritarian can come to power without the majority of the popular vote by manipulating the system. 

(Which is what some posters have described as impossible for Trump to do.)

The primary commonality I am making is that neither gave a crap about democracy or it's process.

Of course, there are other similarities:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, in this particular case, it was a demonstration of how an authoritarian can come to power without the majority of the popular vote by manipulating the system. 

(Which is what some posters have described as impossible for Trump to do.)

The primary commonality I am making is that neither gave a crap about democracy or it's process.

Of course, there are other similarities:

Authoritarian…lol….according to your previous article many of those authoritarian actions are done by the democrat presidents as well. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Authoritarian…lol….according to your previous article many of those authoritarian actions are done by the democrat presidents as well. 

No actually, that was you're claim.  I didn't really feel like taking the time to parse the differences, but here's just one example of the false equivalency you claim:

FACT CHECK: Trump Wrongly States Obama Administration Had Child Separation Policy

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711446917/fact-check-trump-wrongly-states-obama-administration-had-child-separation-policy

But, if you want to really claim Obama, Biden and Bush are an equivalent risk to democracy as someone who cannot concede he lost a valid election - as Trump is doing - that's your prerogative.  :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

No actually, that was you're claim.  I didn't really feel like taking the time to parse the differences, but here's just one example of the false equivalency you claim:

FACT CHECK: Trump Wrongly States Obama Administration Had Child Separation Policy

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711446917/fact-check-trump-wrongly-states-obama-administration-had-child-separation-policy

But, if you want to really claim Obama, Biden and Bush are an equivalent risk to democracy as someone who cannot concede he lost a valid election - as Trump is doing - that's your prerogative.  :rolleyes:

Splitting hairs as usual. They didn’t have a “policy”. They just did it. And there is video and photo evidence although the MSM labeled 2014 cage photos as Trump admin.  You are hallucinating if you think Trump was EVER going to become a dictator.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:45 PM, wdefromtx said:

Democrats constantly try to stir up racial division and anger even where it does not exist.

Seriously?

Are you suggesting Black people have no agency, or are you referring to the fact most black people are Democrats?

What a stupid statement.

31 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?

Are you suggesting Black people have no agency, or are you referring to the fact most black people are Democrats?

What a stupid statement.

No I’m referring to the constant stirring up of race being a factor in everything. 

Editing of videos to frame people as being racist to stir up more division to get ratings and money. 

Racism exists no doubt, but when people try to turn everything into race it does nothing but hurt progress for ending racism. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

No I’m referring to the constant stirring up of race being a factor in everything. 

Editing of videos to frame people as being racist to stir up more division to get ratings and money. 

Racism exists no doubt, but when people try to turn everything into race it does nothing but hurt progress for ending racism. 

"Stirring up of race"?  :rolleyes:

So again, who are you accusing of this constant "stirring up of race"? 

Was the George Floyd video "stirring up of race"? 

Or was it a sincere and understandable reaction of black - and white - people to documented example of horrific abuse of a black man by the police?

Your take on racism - which after all,  "exists, no doubt"- is very revealing. :no:

Edited by homersapien