Auburn softball vs Jax St

Bottom 2, Aspyn Godwin goes yard for the 2-run Homerun!!! Auburn leads 2-1. Now a triple by Schmidt. 

Edited by AUBwins

Roach shallow hit to left not deep enough for the tag run. Runner stays at 3rd. 1 out. 

Garcia hits one deep enough though to center. Run tags 3-1. 2 outs. 

Shallow pop ends inning. Auburn up 3-1 after 2. Jax st had hit a solo homer in the top of 2nd. 

I've been watching these games all season but apparently I missed something.   Noticed Makayla Packer hasn't been in the lineup lately.   Is she out with an injury?

4 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I've been watching these games all season but apparently I missed something.   Noticed Makayla Packer hasn't been in the lineup lately.   Is she out with an injury?

Fairly certain both Packer and Peralta are injured but I haven't seen anyone mention it other than someone saying on here that they heard it from a deleted Facebook post that Packer was injured.

Either way, neither have been in the lineup since the Arky series.

Kelsey Schmidt has done a great job filling in for Packer, though. Has a triple and a double this game and is hitting over .500 in her limited time.

Edited by tgrogan21

Auburn explodes with 6 runs in the bottom of the 4th. 4 hits with 2 outs including a Bri Ellis double that clears the bases loaded.

9-1 Auburn T5th. Chance to end this game early with 3 outs!

Dismukes coming in for Auburn to pitch. Like the ability to be able to give Lowe some time off and for Penta to not have to pitch full games.

1st batter reaches on an error by Dismukes.

Another ball to Dismukes, gets the 1st out at 2nd but can't turn two.

And now Roach is down ... almost the same way that Bryant went down. :(

Edit: Seems to be okay as she's running back and forth and staying in the game.

Edited by tgrogan21

38 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Auburn broadcast team talking about injuries and mentioned several Auburn players being hurt and a couple of them needing a breather. Didn't mention any names but I'll have to assume that Packer and Peralta are in that group of injuries.

I like run rule games in the midweek.  Get the result and some confidence and be rested for weekend. 

• Like 1

Nice job with the bats in that 4th.  I did see Bryant, Peralta and Lowe during or after the game.  Didn't see Packer, but I wasn't really thinking of it at the time. ,  Glad to see players like Roach, Schmidt, and Geraghty get some time.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I like run rule games in the midweek.  Get the result and some confidence and be rested for weekend. 

Especially when we have 2 midweek games. Gotta play again tomorrow.

• Thanks 1