POLITICO: Biden’s pollster: 2022 is ‘worst political environment’ of my lifetime.

DKW 86

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Ok, you want the CDC to issue a carve out for planes based on science, but offer no science to support that— instead you revert to the everything mask related is in the same bucket, even outdoor events. 

You cite a lack of super spreader events from air travel as an argument for removing masks when air travel has required masks and there have been no superspreader events. Your position sounds more ideological than scientific.

The CDC extended the mask rule for two weeks based on what again?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will extend its mandate requiring travelers on planes and other forms of public transportation to wear masks for another two weeks from April 18, the agency said Wednesday, to allow for more time to assess the highly transmissible Omicron BA.2 variant of coronavirus that has led to a rise in Covid-19 cases in several states. 

KEY FACTS

The agency decided to extend the mandate for 15 days through May 3 to “assess the potential impact the rise of cases has on severe disease, including hospitalizations and deaths, and health care system capacity,” it said in a statement. 

The decision comes with the seven-day moving average of daily Covid-19 cases at roughly 30,000 as of April 11, up 20 % from a week ago, according to the CDC. 

My comment:  Fauci (the man who would be king) was asked at what level would the daily case average have to drop to lift restrictions and he said initially to 70,000 a day, but immediately back tracked and said that was just a number don’t take that as a hard number.

KEY BACKGROUND

When the CDC extended the federal mask mandate in March to April 18, the agency said it would use the time period to create a “framework” to decide when masks would be required, evaluating factors such as levels of severe illness or the emergence of new variants. The White House has been monitoring an uptick in Covid-19 cases in several major cities across the U.S., including Washington, D.C., New York and Philadelphia, linked to the BA.2 variant. The BA.2 strain comprised 86% of coronavirus infections for the week ending April 9, according to the CDC. The news of extension comes days after Philadelphia became the first major U.S. city to reimpose an indoor mask mandate this week, which will take effect on April 18, in response to surging cases. More than 20 GOP-led states last month sued the federal government over the transportation mask mandate, asking for the nationwide policy to be overturned because it violates state sovereignty. The mandate is also unpopular with CEOs of major airlines, who urged the Biden administration in March to revoke the policy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/madelinehalpert/2022/04/13/cdc-extends-travel-mask-mandate-for-two-weeks-amid-spread-of-ba2-covid-variant/?sh=3212a939c15d

So basically the CDC has no *framework* to decide when masks would be required, its just going to keep this up as long as it wants with NO ACCOUNTABILITY to the American people unless forced by the courts.  Bravo to the judge in Florida.

It’s not about putting all mask related issues in the same bucket, its the lack of transparency from the very people that give us *recommendation* that turn into mandates with no metrics to when those mandates will end.

What ever happened to question everything?

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are pitiful.  We’re talking about mask mandates as it applies today and you can’t help but bring up Trump.  The fact that that article was written in December of last year proves you’re living in the past.

Can't answer huh?  I am not surprised.

Let me repeat the question:  What "big backlash"

Here's  the question in case you don't remember:

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

What "big backlash"?

Technically speaking, it makes a lot of sense for everyone on a plane (or train, or bus) to wear masks.  They provide some protection to the wearer but they also provide protection by minimizing the airborne virus level.

But I have to admit, I have conflicted feelings about MAGAs not wearing masks (not that they would):

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Politics are showing up in COVID rates in a new way. The political leanings of the county where a person lives may indicate their risk of dying from COVID-19. A new analysis from NPR found that conservative counties had nearly three times the death rates of more liberal ones. Other polls suggest that vaccination rates among Republicans are lagging and disinformation is playing a role......

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1059828993

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Let me repeat the question:  What "big backlash"

The title of this article says it all.

Justice Dept. Appeals to Reinstate Transportation Mask Mandate

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/20/us/politics/cdc-transportation-mask-mandate.html

Enough said.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The CDC extended the mask rule for two weeks based on what again?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will extend its mandate requiring travelers on planes and other forms of public transportation to wear masks for another two weeks from April 18, the agency said Wednesday, to allow for more time to assess the highly transmissible Omicron BA.2 variant of coronavirus that has led to a rise in Covid-19 cases in several states. 

KEY FACTS

The agency decided to extend the mandate for 15 days through May 3 to “assess the potential impact the rise of cases has on severe disease, including hospitalizations and deaths, and health care system capacity,” it said in a statement. 

The decision comes with the seven-day moving average of daily Covid-19 cases at roughly 30,000 as of April 11, up 20 % from a week ago, according to the CDC. 

My comment:  Fauci (the man who would be king) was asked at what level would the daily case average have to drop to lift restrictions and he said initially to 70,000 a day, but immediately back tracked and said that was just a number don’t take that as a hard number.

KEY BACKGROUND

When the CDC extended the federal mask mandate in March to April 18, the agency said it would use the time period to create a “framework” to decide when masks would be required, evaluating factors such as levels of severe illness or the emergence of new variants. The White House has been monitoring an uptick in Covid-19 cases in several major cities across the U.S., including Washington, D.C., New York and Philadelphia, linked to the BA.2 variant. The BA.2 strain comprised 86% of coronavirus infections for the week ending April 9, according to the CDC. The news of extension comes days after Philadelphia became the first major U.S. city to reimpose an indoor mask mandate this week, which will take effect on April 18, in response to surging cases. More than 20 GOP-led states last month sued the federal government over the transportation mask mandate, asking for the nationwide policy to be overturned because it violates state sovereignty. The mandate is also unpopular with CEOs of major airlines, who urged the Biden administration in March to revoke the policy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/madelinehalpert/2022/04/13/cdc-extends-travel-mask-mandate-for-two-weeks-amid-spread-of-ba2-covid-variant/?sh=3212a939c15d

So basically the CDC has no *framework* to decide when masks would be required, its just going to keep this up as long as it wants with NO ACCOUNTABILITY to the American people unless forced by the courts.  Bravo to the judge in Florida.

It’s not about putting all mask related issues in the same bucket, its the lack of transparency from the very people that give us *recommendation* that turn into mandates with no metrics to when those mandates will end.

What ever happened to question everything?

Question everything, but think logically instead of ideologically. You highlighted your Fauci hate rant citing what he said about 70,000 cases and lifting restrictions.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/fauci-warns-progress-covid-fight-appears-stalled/story?id=76141037

What you failed to notice or admit was that was from last fall and restrictions in general— most of which have been lifted.

Fauci a month ago:

Fauci said this week that there's no need to reimplement Covid restrictions at this time. The CDC said earlier this month 98% of people in the U.S. live in areas where they no longer need to wear masks in public places indoors under its new Covid guidance. Public health authorities in the U.S. have shifted their focus to hospitalizations, rather than just new infections, when assessing the threat the virus poses to communities.”

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/03/23/covid-omicron-bapoint2-subvariant-will-soon-dominate-in-us-but-fauci-doesnt-expect-another-surge.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

That should work out well for the midterms

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That should work out well for the midterms

Least of their concerns. This one’s actually popular:

https://apnews.com/article/covid-business-health-travel-lifestyle-df8d9d7e46db0b9a85e29ac762a41a51

Inflation and schools are their biggest concerns.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:30 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, go with this.  Republicans are good at branding and every time they try to brand something the Democrats are usually successful at silencing that branding.  That ran out in Virginia in November of 2021.  Republicans are either Racists, Homophobes, Transphobic or some other ist, ism or trashy person so the lib press can help control the narrative.  Republicans are being persistent over the last few years and people are starting to listen.

Case in point is the *libs of Tic Tok* doxxing.  Why would WaPo try to dox the founder of *libs of Tic Tok* unless it was being too effective in exposing the Left/Democrat agenda?  Instead of admitting any of this, Biden took a way too aggressive stance on gender affirming care in K-3 school kids, so the media attack the source.

The Democrats are out of touch with the American people.  The American people are not as *woke* as Biden and the left thinks they are.  Take the mask mandate in airplanes as an example.  Regardless of your stance on cloth masks, when the Florida judge shot down the mandate there were people cheering as they took off their masks in airplanes (there is no proof airline travel was a superspreader anyway).  Biden, when asked just after the ruling, said “I guess it will be up to the people to decide”.  Yesterday the Democrats, probably being pressured by other Democrats and the press, decided to fight the ruling.  They just can’t give up control.

If you want to find out the level of support the Democrats have there is no need for a poll just see how many people are wearing masks in airplanes if they are allowed to go without them by the airlines.

Who supports the Democrats?  The LGBTQ1+ coalition, MAPs (Minor Attracted People), groomers, CRT enthusiast and germaphobes.  No wonder the environment for the Democrats is the worst ever seen.

It will be an epic disaster for the Democrats and their “woke” crowd this November.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Least of their concerns. This one’s actually popular:

https://apnews.com/article/covid-business-health-travel-lifestyle-df8d9d7e46db0b9a85e29ac762a41a51

Inflation and schools are their biggest concerns.

88% D and 33% R from what I've read and seen reported.   

On 4/20/2022 at 11:30 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, go with this.  Republicans are good at branding and every time they try to brand something the Democrats are usually successful at silencing that branding.  That ran out in Virginia in November of 2021.  Republicans are either Racists, Homophobes, Transphobic or some other ist, ism or trashy person so the lib press can help control the narrative.  Republicans are being persistent over the last few years and people are starting to listen.

Case in point is the *libs of Tic Tok* doxxing.  Why would WaPo try to dox the founder of *libs of Tic Tok* unless it was being too effective in exposing the Left/Democrat agenda?  Instead of admitting any of this, Biden took a way too aggressive stance on gender affirming care in K-3 school kids, so the media attack the source.

The Democrats are out of touch with the American people.  The American people are not as *woke* as Biden and the left thinks they are.  Take the mask mandate in airplanes as an example.  Regardless of your stance on cloth masks, when the Florida judge shot down the mandate there were people cheering as they took off their masks in airplanes (there is no proof airline travel was a superspreader anyway).  Biden, when asked just after the ruling, said “I guess it will be up to the people to decide”.  Yesterday the Democrats, probably being pressured by other Democrats and the press, decided to fight the ruling.  They just can’t give up control.

If you want to find out the level of support the Democrats have there is no need for a poll just see how many people are wearing masks in airplanes if they are allowed to go without them by the airlines.

Who supports the Democrats?  The LGBTQ1+ coalition, MAPs (Minor Attracted People), groomers, CRT enthusiast and germaphobes.  No wonder the environment for the Democrats is the worst ever seen.

And the “ professional victims “ are a big part of the Democrats. They are the “takers “ and not the givers “.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

And the “ professional victims “ are a big part of the Democrats. They are the “takers “ and not the givers “.

The left on here like to call conservatives *MAGAs* as they believe all conservatives think the same way.  The base conservative abhors white supremacy, rioting (the great summer of discontent and Jan. 6th) and racism.  That is not our base.  

It seems to me that the left’s base is the LGBTQ1+#@^&%&$ coalition, groomers, CRT enthusiasts (these are the Marxist that want to tear society down and start over), *the science* followers and, as you put it, the *professional victims*.  The reason I say this is the left are afraid to make any policy that contradicts their base’s beliefs.

The CRT issue and the grooming of our youth was a big reason Youngkin won in the deep blue state of Virginia.  He seized the grass roots efforts by the parents and ran on that.  Parents in Virginia saw through the talking points of the radical left’s systemic racism and homophobe/transphobe rhetoric to vote for common sense and common sense will prevail in November.

Oh, I forgot the GND (Green New Deal) which is the biggest thing Putin took advance of to invade Ukraine.  Biden’s war on energy, allowing the completion of the Nord Stream 2 project and giving away our energy independence were all factors Putin felt that it was a good time to strike.  I hope he made a big mistake, but this conflict should not have lasted this long.

In 15 months America is seen as weaker, racist, ignorant and stupid because of our leadership.  The world is watching and taking notes.

• Love 1

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/20/us/politics/cdc-transportation-mask-mandate.html

Enough said.

"Enough said" my ass.  It was clearly a faulty decision by the judge.

If the CDC cannot propose public health standards for public transportation, then what can they do?  What is their jurisdiction if it doesn't include public transportation?

Do you support eliminating the CDC all together?

What happens when the next pandemic occurs?  (As it will.)

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The left on here like to call conservatives *MAGAs* as they believe all conservatives think the same way.  The base conservative abhors white supremacy, rioting (the great summer of discontent and Jan. 6th) and racism.  That is not our base.  

It seems to me that the left’s base is the LGBTQ1+#@^&%&$ coalition, groomers, CRT enthusiasts (these are the Marxist that want to tear society down and start over), *the science* followers and, as you put it, the *professional victims*.  The reason I say this is the left are afraid to make any policy that contradicts their base’s beliefs.

The CRT issue and the grooming of our youth was a big reason Youngkin won in the deep blue state of Virginia.  He seized the grass roots efforts by the parents and ran on that.  Parents in Virginia saw through the talking points of the radical left’s systemic racism and homophobe/transphobe rhetoric to vote for common sense and common sense will prevail in November.

Oh, I forgot the GND (Green New Deal) which is the biggest thing Putin took advance of to invade Ukraine.  Biden’s war on energy, allowing the completion of the Nord Stream 2 project and giving away our energy independence were all factors Putin felt that it was a good time to strike.  I hope he made a big mistake, but this conflict should not have lasted this long.

In 15 months America is seen as weaker, racist, ignorant and stupid because of our leadership.  The world is watching and taking notes.

Republicans Are Basically Starting a White Supremacist Caucus

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04/republicans-america-first-caucus

Far-right extremism dominates the GOP. It didn’t start — and won’t end — with Trump.

How a decades-long movement helped the far-right fringe gain control of the GOP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/11/08/far-right-extremism-dominates-gop-it-didnt-start-wont-end-with-trump/

Why White Supremacists and Christian Nationalists Tried to Subvert American Democracy

https://beyondconflictint.org/news/why-white-supremacists-and-christian-nationalists-tried-to-subvert-american-democracy/

The Bitter Fruits of Trump’s White-Power Presidency

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-bitter-fruits-of-trumps-white-power-presidency

But you got one thing right.  The world is definitely watching and taking notes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Enough said my ass.  It was clearly a faulty decision by the judge.

If the CDC cannot propose public health standards for public transportation, then what can they do?  What is their jurisdiction if it doesn't include public transportation?

Do you support eliminating the CDC all together?

What happens when the next pandemic occurs?  (As it will.)

So, would you consider this *pushback*?  I would.

If the CDC doesn’t abide by their own protocol during a pandemic emergency then I would agree.  However, we do not seem to be in a pandemic any more and should start abiding by your protocols.  If they don’t the court has to step in.  It’s the same thing that happened during the forced vaccination by OSHA as that was a go around that the President was called on.  Thank God for that Florida judge.

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

How Trump and Republicans wield the politics of victimhood

For many years, conservatives mocked liberals for what they described as a politics of victimhood, one in which the left supposedly centered its politics on a series of grievances it claimed must be addressed. Quit whining and pull yourself up by your bootstraps, conservatives said; if you’ve got it bad, the fault lies with no one but yourself.

But somewhere along the way, the right realized that claiming the status of victim, whether earned or not, can be extremely powerful. In the age of Trump, the politics of conservative victimhood has reached new heights. And as usual, it comes right from the top.

After bombs were sent to a dozen people President Trump had attacked, he quickly identified the person really being threatened. “Come to think of it, who gets attacked more than me?” he asked at a White House political event just after reading some words about unity that were obviously written by others and about which he couldn’t have cared less.

And after 11 people were gunned down in a Pittsburgh synagogue, reportedly by a white supremacist who believed George Soros is bringing a caravan of migrants to invade the United States — the conspiracy theory propagated in various versions by Trump and others on the right — Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway homed in on the best way to understand what had happened:

The anti-religiosity in this country, that it’s somehow in vogue and funny to make fun of anybody of faith, to constantly be making fun of people who express religion, the late-night comedians, the unfunny people on TV shows, it’s always anti-religious. And remember, these people were gunned down in their place of worship, as were the people in South Carolina several years ago. And they were there because they’re people of faith and it’s that faith that needs to bring us together. This is no time to be driving God out of the public square.

The victims in Pittsburgh weren’t murdered because they were “people of faith”; they were murdered because they were Jews. And the nine people murdered at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, S.C., in 2015 weren’t murdered because they were “people of faith”; they were murdered because they were black.

So what’s the point of the pivot toward the supposed oppression of religious people? It’s obvious: Putting it in those terms says to the deeply religious white Christians who make up such a key part of Trump’s base that they are the real victims here, or at least joined to these events by their profound and ongoing victimization. The truth is that victimhood does afford one a certain moral status that can be politically powerful. If we accept that an actual wrong has been done and you are the victim of that wrong, that means you have a legitimate claim not only to redress but also to hold the perpetrator accountable.

Which is why it’s such a common retort to say “You’re not the real victim, I’m the real victim.” The problem isn’t racism, it’s white people being unfairly accused of racism. The problem isn’t sexual harassment and assault, it’s the fear felt by men unsure what will happen to them if they’re too flirty with their employees. The problem isn’t hate speech, it’s “political correctness” that keeps me from saying whatever I want. The problem isn’t what Brett M. Kavanaugh did to Christine Blasey Ford, it’s the fact that Kavanaugh had to endure listening to his accusers and all he got was a lifetime seat on the Supreme Court.

No presidential candidate ever validated and nurtured the right’s fantasies of victimhood like Donald Trump did. He said to conservative Christians: Yes, you are the real oppressed minority (even if you’re the majority). When you walk into a department store and see a sign that says “Happy Holidays,” you have suffered a terrible injustice by not being able to force everyone to acknowledge your religious holiday to the exclusion of all others. Only I will allow you to say “Merry Christmas” again, even if nobody ever stopped you from saying it in the first place. When antidiscrimination laws are passed and you have to allow gay people to patronize your business, you’ve been wounded and the laws must be changed to undo what you have endured.

This is what they had been telling themselves for years, and when Trump repeated it back to them, they were thrilled. He also understood a different kind of victimhood that lay at the intersection of race and class. Those working-class white voters who were so drawn to him? Nothing made them madder than when they looked around their communities and saw nothing but low-wage jobs with meager benefits, underfunded schools and the opioid crisis running wild — and then heard someone say that whiteness confers on them privileges people of color don’t enjoy. Trump validated them on both counts, telling them that they’ve been victimized by a “rigged” system and that foreigners and minorities get all the breaks.

The idea of conservatives being the real victims in any situation is difficult to maintain when they control all the levers of power. But actual facts play only the slightest role in the construction of this narrative. If you believe that Trump — a man born into wealth who spent a lifetime lying, cheating and staying one step ahead of the law — is a victim, then you’ll believe just about anything.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

So, would you consider this *pushback*?  I would.

If the CDC doesn’t abide by their own protocol during a pandemic emergency then I would agree.  However, we do not seem to be in a pandemic any more and should start abiding by your protocols.  If they don’t the court has to step in.  It’s the same thing that happened during the forced vaccination by OSHA as that was a go around that the President was called on.  Thank God for that Florida judge.

You didn't address any of the questions I posed to you.  (Surprise, surprise. :-\)

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Republicans Are Basically Starting a White Supremacist Caucus

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04/republicans-america-first-caucus

Far-right extremism dominates the GOP. It didn’t start — and won’t end — with Trump.

How a decades-long movement helped the far-right fringe gain control of the GOP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/11/08/far-right-extremism-dominates-gop-it-didnt-start-wont-end-with-trump/

Why White Supremacists and Christian Nationalists Tried to Subvert American Democracy

https://beyondconflictint.org/news/why-white-supremacists-and-christian-nationalists-tried-to-subvert-american-democracy/

The Bitter Fruits of Trump’s White-Power Presidency

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-bitter-fruits-of-trumps-white-power-presidency

But you got one thing right.  The world is definitely watching and taking notes.

All these articles are fromJanuary 2021 right after the *insurrection* and shows your obsession with all things Trump and Jan. 6th.  You are typical leftist that call all conservatives MAGA and future Trump voters.  Just like CNN, Trump has destroyed you.  He is living rent free in your mind.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Question everything, but think logically instead of ideologically. You highlighted your Fauci hate rant citing what he said about 70,000 cases and lifting restrictions.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/fauci-warns-progress-covid-fight-appears-stalled/story?id=76141037

What you failed to notice or admit was that was from last fall and restrictions in general— most of which have been lifted.

Fauci a month ago:

Fauci said this week that there's no need to reimplement Covid restrictions at this time. The CDC said earlier this month 98% of people in the U.S. live in areas where they no longer need to wear masks in public places indoors under its new Covid guidance. Public health authorities in the U.S. have shifted their focus to hospitalizations, rather than just new infections, when assessing the threat the virus poses to communities.”

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/03/23/covid-omicron-bapoint2-subvariant-will-soon-dominate-in-us-but-fauci-doesnt-expect-another-surge.html

Here what Fauci said in reacting to the lifting of the mask mandate in aircraft:

Speaking to the Nashville Tennessean, Fauci said the reason the face mask mandate extension was introduced was because the CDC "wanted to see what the pattern of infection is during this bit of a surge we're seeing [in parts of the country]."

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-judge-kathryn-kimball-mizelle-mask-mandate-travel-fauci-cdc-1699585

So you can see the CDC is still looking at infections despite what Fauci said just a month ago.  He doesn’t ever tell the American people what the metrics are to get back to *normal*,  Why is that?

55 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here what Fauci said in reacting to the lifting of the mask mandate in aircraft:

Speaking to the Nashville Tennessean, Fauci said the reason the face mask mandate extension was introduced was because the CDC "wanted to see what the pattern of infection is during this bit of a surge we're seeing [in parts of the country]."

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-judge-kathryn-kimball-mizelle-mask-mandate-travel-fauci-cdc-1699585

So you can see the CDC is still looking at infections despite what Fauci said just a month ago.  He doesn’t ever tell the American people what the metrics are to get back to *normal*,  Why is that?

You’re an all or nothing guy. That’s your choice, but it’s not rational. Things are largely back to normal— one exception— mask on public transportation. For most public transportation, I’ve discussed reasons for this. An additional reason on planes is that the impact of one person spreading to everywhere someone on the plane has a connecting flight would be significant. This is ideological for you. Can you at least admit that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re an all or nothing guy. That’s your choice, but it’s not rational. Things are largely back to normal— one exception— mask on public transportation. For most public transportation, I’ve discussed reasons for this. An additional reason on planes is that the impact of one person spreading to everywhere someone on the plane has a connecting flight would be significant. This is ideological for you. Can you at least admit that?

I do have the idea that government should not impose sanctions on its citizens when they are unwarranted. Is that good enough for you?  Now, will you admit that you are ideological about the need for governmental control?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The base for the left is full of what you deem to be the most extreme, yet that doesn't hold true for the right? Do you think your bias may be coloring that perception?

Your rhetoric has steadily been becoming more intense, to the point that you are now claiming "groomers" are a part of the left's base. To me that goes beyond "smack talk," and is irresponsible parroting of the same things we hear from the Q-anon crowd. You also lump those that support CRT in with Marxists, which directly parrots just about every statement I've heard coming from those who oppose it.

You deride the left for being afraid of making any move that contradicts their base, yet ignore what's going on right now in the Republican Party. The 2020 election is of course the most glaring example, but just look at Florida: Do you think that even a few years ago the Florida government would have ever dreamed of eliminating Disney's special district? Does doing so have any positive benefit whatsoever for the state? I would love to hear one, because from what I can see it simply puts a burden on the taxpayers of the surrounding cities and counties. This was done for no other reason than to punish Disney for speaking out, so instead of government being used for the benefit of the people, it was done so the governor could prop himself up for a presidential run, and the majority of the State government went along so they can be re-elected. Using government to silence a dissenter? The "radical right" (we'll go tit-for-tat here) has screamed "CENSORSHIP!!!" for far less.

Citing the Green New Deal as though it were official policy, or even endorsed by the majority of Democrats, is not accurate. Certainly there aspects of it endorsed by the majority, but not to the degree you keep trying to portray. At worst, you could call it Biden's war on fossil fuels, although even that is a misnomer. Yes, the point is to transition to renewable energy as soon as possible. That does have a cost, but just because you disagree with the extent of the danger posed by using fossil fuels does not mean those you disagree with are morally corrupt. Was Biden supposed to let everything go as-is just because Putin might do something?

In 15 months, I would bet there are very few countries out there that see America as more racist, ignorant, and stupid. We might seem weaker to those who define strength the same way you do, but I don't see compassion as a weakness. In another thread you praise DeSantis for "getting things done without rhetoric," which made me spit in my coffee since all he is is rhetoric. You also say you want a guy in the White House that is "no-nonsense" and has a "take-no-prisoners approach," as if we didn't already have that for four years, and as if that isn't the whole problem with politics today (many Democrats are certainly included in this). Politics is about compromise. The approach you're praising continues the partisan split. Politicians that are willing to compromise may not be exciting, but they're what the country needs.

The last point I will make is in regards to your trying to dismiss any mention of Trump because he's old news and is just living in everyone's heads. My question is: if Trump is the Republican nominee in 2024, will you vote for him? I think we all know the answer to that, which is why bringing him up is still relevant. I ask you to take a hard look at what the Republican Party has become, how the vast majority of elected officials are falling in lock-step with ridiculous notions such as the election was stolen and a huge number of teachers are trying to corrupt your children, and think about what that means for the future of this country. 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

• Love 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I do have the idea that government should not impose sanctions on its citizens when they are unwarranted. Is that good enough for you?  Now, will you admit that you are ideological about the need for governmental control?

Sorry, but we’re not just two sides of the same coin.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you think folks should be able to smoke on planes?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Do you think folks should be able to smoke on planes?

False equivalency. Same for the seat belt argument. 

19 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Scared of the question? 

No folks shouldn’t be allowed to smoke on planes. But you can’t compare the two. The government shouldn’t be regulating because they “think masks help on planes.”