Baseball vs South Carolina series

The athletic department is continuing to research it, but they believe Burkhalter's 3 saves in 1 SEC weekend was a first.  He threw 3 and 2/3rds this weekend and I believe gave up only 1 hit.  Also, Carson Skipper had 3 holds going 3 and 1/3.  Neither gave up a run.   You can't imagine how hard it is to throw 3 consecutive days.  The fact that both of these AU men did it is unbelievable.

• Like 4

It was great to win the series bit even bigger getting the sweep. Going to need that boost to the SEC record going into next weekend. With the way UT is playing, it is going to be tough to get a win. 

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Need to see the catch Bello makes at about the 1 minute mark saved two runs

FYI, Bello was added to the line up immediately before the cards were exchanged.   Bobby Pierce was sick and couldn't go so Bello was put in and made the defensive play of the game.   Seeing it live, it looked like he definitely brought it back from oner the fence.   I haven't seen the video so I don't know if it captured it, but live the batter did a pretty prominent bat flip.  He felt it was gone for sure.   If everyone was able to spend as much time with CBT as I have been blessed to spend, everyone would be writing checks to AU Baseball.  He is the absolute real deal, in every regard. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, LPTiger said:

FYI, Bello was added to the line up immediately before the cards were exchanged.   Bobby Pierce was sick and couldn't go so Bello was put in and made the defensive play of the game.   Seeing it live, it looked like he definitely brought it back from oner the fence.   I haven't seen the video so I don't know if it captured it, but live the batter did a pretty prominent bat flip.  He felt it was gone for sure.   If everyone was able to spend as much time with CBT as I have been blessed to spend, everyone would be writing checks to AU Baseball.  He is the absolute real deal, in every regard. 

Truth.

I hope he wants to stay at Auburn for the next 20 years. I hope Auburn gives him what he needs to continue his success and build on it. 

Bello has done some nice things as a freshman. He has tremendous potential. I read his bio and he is impressive.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:47 PM, nurbis said:

It was great to win the series bit even bigger getting the sweep. Going to need that boost to the SEC record going into next weekend. With the way UT is playing, it is going to be tough to get a win. 

Not expecting it to happen at all.....but it would be great if Auburn could somehow win one game in the series.  I do hope it's a least competitive. 

I watched some TN games early in the season and I am not surprised at how their season has gone. They are a great team. Solid everywhere.