i want to retract something

aubiefifty

after reading up on pence i have found i have no use for him at all. none xero. ziltch. i thought he would be epic when he and trump tie up and while i think it will be epic i can probably still see this without hoping pence gets to be the GOP nominee for prez. i will state i am happy they did not hang him. but i want him and trump to tie up and then go away.

• Like 2

As homey and aubiefifty say, Pence is scary. He is scary RELIGIOUS, and I am using that word specifically. 

He might call himself Christian, I am telling you he is just plain scary RELIGIOUS. Just a few days in IN watching him on the nightly news scared the hell out of me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

As homey and aubiefifty say, Pence is scary. He is scary RELIGIOUS, and I am using that word specifically. 

He might call himself Christian, I am telling you he is just plain scary RELIGIOUS. Just a few days in IN watching him on the nightly news scared the hell out of me.

Why is he so scary. I'm not from IN.

In short his view of the world is like that of a completely over the top evangelical preacher. He has zero compassion nor empathy. ZERO.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

In short his view of the world is like that of a completely over the top evangelical preacher. He has zero compassion nor empathy. ZERO.

So if he believes in traditional marriage, not same sex marriage, then he has no compassion or empathy for those who openly defy teachings of the Bible?

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

So if he believes in traditional marriage, not same sex marriage, then he has no compassion or empathy for those who openly defy teachings of the Bible?

He thinks that his beliefs should trump YOUR beliefs in proactive lawmaking.

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

trump has said over and over pence hates "the gays" and he would hang them all if he could. and you know you guys swore for years trump was not a liar. funny they cannot get married in certain places but they can serve in the military, juries of their peers, pay taxes, and they are supposed to be protected by the first amendment. anytime you hurt people religion it is no longer about religion but hate and i stand by this. when i was in the service you were allowed to be gay but you were not to tell anyone you were.

41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

trump has said over and over pence hates "the gays" and he would hang them all if he could. and you know you guys swore for years trump was not a liar. funny they cannot get married in certain places but they can serve in the military, juries of their peers, pay taxes, and they are supposed to be protected by the first amendment. anytime you hurt people religion it is no longer about religion but hate and i stand by this. when i was in the service you were allowed to be gay but you were not to tell anyone you were.

Oh so now you believe Trump. Got it. Even I don’t believe that Pence “hates” the gays and would “hang” them if he could. That’s ludicrous. I don’t know when you served in the military  but unless it was after Clinton sometime between 1992 and 2000 then don’t ask don’t tell was not a thing. Being gay was a violation of the UCMJ and resulted in discharge. Did you serve after Feb 28, 1994? If not then you are wrong about military gay policy. I’ll attribute that to a mistake not a flat out lie to bolster your idiotic argument about Pence. Everybody is protected by the first amendment and all the other ones. Nobody gets out of taxes. Everybody gets called for jury duty. Most people don’t really want the disruption so jury duty for gays or not is irrelevant, as are most of your rants. For a guy who is trying to figure things out you take a lot of shots at Christians God religion and the Bible. It like you fear the possibility that they are right and you are wrong. So you attack. The only evidence you have that Pence is not just a kind conservative Christian man is something Trump said in a rant probably prompted by his refusal to stop the certification.

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

He thinks that his beliefs should trump YOUR beliefs in proactive lawmaking.

Where is the evidence that you know what Pence thinks? What laws would Pence proactively pass?

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Oh so now you believe Trump. Got it. Even I don’t believe that Pence “hates” the gays and would “hang” them if he could. That’s ludicrous. I don’t know when you served in the military  but unless it was after Clinton sometime between 1992 and 2000 then don’t ask don’t tell was not a thing. Being gay was a violation of the UCMJ and resulted in discharge. Did you serve after Feb 28, 1994? If not then you are wrong about military gay policy. I’ll attribute that to a mistake not a flat out lie to bolster your idiotic argument about Pence. Everybody is protected by the first amendment and all the other ones. Nobody gets out of taxes. Everybody gets called for jury duty. Most people don’t really want the disruption so jury duty for gays or not is irrelevant, as are most of your rants. For a guy who is trying to figure things out you take a lot of shots at Christians God religion and the Bible. It like you fear the possibility that they are right and you are wrong. So you attack. The only evidence you have that Pence is not just a kind conservative Christian man is something Trump said in a rant probably prompted by his refusal to stop the certification.

Was in the military 1979-1986. There was no on e running gays out back then. We were trained to simply watch for possible security leaks especially anything that might constitute blackmail by a fornational. That was it. The UCMJ may state many things but the reality is that no one gave a damn until we started making laws about it. 

Where is the evidence that you know what Pence thinks? What laws would Pence proactively pass?

I will elucidate further later today. 

10 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Now, this one was just too juicy to pass up. It always happens that those that are so obsessed with “gays” start speaking you always find two things. They misquote scripture to suit their own views AND almost always, like 99.999% of the time have some subconscious gay leanings themselves. As a great philosopher said: “I do me, you do you, and we won’t do each other.” Why do you or anyone else care what someone does in the quiet of their bedrooms? True Christianity includes  accepting that we are all sinners, NOT JUST THE PEOPLE WE HATE. There is no higherarchy of sins. Sin is sin. All sin is equal. All sin keeps us from God. We need to worry about OUR SIN. And leave the rest to God and the rest of the planet. If we took care of our own sins, we would be so busy we could not worry about the supposed sins we think we see in others. I am a glutton. I sin one of the seven Deadly Sins. I am one of the worst at it. But you will not hear me say anything about another soul and their own walk with God. Now, if their walk is affecting other people, I will be all over that. 

Edited by DKW 86

i am careful whom i align myself with. and it is not i hate christianity but i believe a bible in the wrong hands is just or more dangerous than a gun in the wrong hands. i guess i am wrong about the service on do not ask do not tell. but i also enlisted from 73 to 77 while the draft was still in effect. i am pretty sure they made a comment about gays keeping it to themselves because dudes wanting to get out of fighting in nam would have used the gay excuse right?