Auburn Wire Roundtable

aubiefifty

10 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Please tell us how a staff can pull a top ten recruiting class in the wake of 2 losing seasons?  I don't care how "competitive" they look on the field, back to back losing seasons at a place like Auburn is unacceptable any way you cut it.

This State is loaded this year.  That talent will sign elsewhere if they see another poor showing on the field coupled with swirling rumors that will evolve about the coaching staff, a dysfunctional Administration with the Athletic Director all but out the door and a fractured fanbase.  

I don't know that they can or will, but top-ten recruiting is what it will take to save their jobs if there's another losing season.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 1:21 PM, JerryAU said:

Please tell us how a staff can pull a top ten recruiting class in the wake of 2 losing seasons?  I don't care how "competitive" they look on the field, back to back losing seasons at a place like Auburn is unacceptable any way you cut it.

This State is loaded this year.  That talent will sign elsewhere if they see another poor showing on the field coupled with swirling rumors that will evolve about the coaching staff, a dysfunctional Administration with the Athletic Director all but out the door and a fractured fanbase.  

My problem with some on here was the circular logic.

“You can’t fault Harsin for not lighting the world on fire in recruiting he’s an unknown to recruits down here!” 

The same people:

”You can’t set high expectations for Harsin in his first couple of years! This is going to take time but he’s going to build a great program and be the next Pat Dye!”

Sorry, if you don’t have immediate recruiting prowess, you’re going to need to have a special first year.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2022 at 12:21 PM, JerryAU said:

Please tell us how a staff can pull a top ten recruiting class in the wake of 2 losing seasons?

Make it Rain GIF Image (18) | GIF Images Download

• Like 1
  • Love 1