Softball vs Alabama State (4/27)

Game underway! Statbroadcast doesn't have the game up for updates. Listening to the game but my updates my not be as detailed as normal.

Garcia pops up.

Packer draws a full count walk! And immediately steals 2nd! Her 17th of the season, only been caught 3 times.

BLAINE TRIPLES! PACKER SCORES! Love early leads!!

1-0 Auburn

Single to SS. Peralta's throw takes Ellis off the bag.

Garcia with a nice running catch for out 1.

Another single and Lowe is in trouble early.

Pop up to 1B.

STRIKE OUT SWINGING! Nice job from Lowe to work out of that trouble.

Lisenby, Godwin, Cox coming up

2-0 Auburn T2nd

Edited by tgrogan21

Dean doing Dean things and making subs already. Blaine goes to DP and Cooper goes to RF.

A lead off single for Alabama State.

Hit and run fails. Missed swing and Godwin throws out the runner!

Strike out looking for out 2! Another strike out looking!

McCondichie, Garcia, Packer coming up for Auburn.

2-0 Auburn T3rd

Another quick 2 outs as McCondichie and Garcia both fly out.

Packer with aN INSIDE THE PARK HOMERUN!!!!

3-0 AUBURN!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Love 1

Blaine with a 4 pitch walk.

Lets see if Ellis can set the Freshman record with this at bat!

Ellis with a loud double. One-hops the wall. An error getting the ball back in to the infield and both Blaine and Ellis score!

Edit: Peralta gets a full count but fouls out.

5-0 Auburn B3rd!

Edited by tgrogan21

Very quick 1-2-3 inning. A pop out and 2 ground outs.

Lisenby, Godwin, Cox coming up. I think. It's hard to know with all of the subs Dean does.

5-0 Auburn T4th

Lisenby with a lead off single!. Just out of reach of the 2B glove. Glad that she got that hit she's been in a small slump. Geraghty comes in to run.

Godwin blisters a ball to 3rd right in the glove, though. Throw to 1st to try to double up Geraghty is errant and she moves to 2nd.

Cox with another liner and this time they're able to double up Geraghty.

5-0 Auburn B4th

Think Lowe is still hurt because she's getting replaced for Dismukes. It's not like Lowe has pitched a lot lately. I think 4 innings in the past 2 weeks.

Another quick 1-2-3 inning. Pretty sure it was less than 10 pitches. Pop up to first, foul out to first, and a strike out swinging.

McCondichie, Garcia, Packer coming up for Auburn.

5-0 Auburn T5th. Is it too much to ask for 3 runs to get this game over in 5? :D

Errors all over the place. McCondichie grounds to SS, error on the throw. Goes to 2nd and another error on the throw. Moves to 3rd and a hard slide into 3rd and she's safe.

Bad at bat by Garcia has she pops up to 2B on 1 pitch.

Schmidt hits for Packer. Another line out. HItting the ball hard just right at people.

Blaine walks and gives Ellis a chance to homer and get us to 8 runs.

WOW JUST MISSES A HOMER. INCHES FOUL!

Blaine goes to 2nd gets caught in a run down. McCondichie breaks for home and is SAFE! Blaine goes to 2nd.

DAMN! ELLIS WITH A TRIPLE! The ball hit off the fence. SO CLOSE.

7-0 Auburn

Roach hitting for Peralta. Another error in the infield, Ellis scores!

Edit: Geraghty strikes out looking.

8-0 Auburn B8th. We got the chance to run rule them.

Edited by tgrogan21

Ellis is tearing the leather on the ball.  Her bat is straight 🔥 

• Like 1

Subs all over the place. Geraghty in LF, Schmidt in CF, Falisi in RF, Roach at SS.

Ground out to Roach at SS. 2 outs to go!

Dismukes hits the next batter.

Game over! WOW! A single and then the State runner got aggressive going to 2nd and they tag the runner before the runner scores.

There is a meeting by the umps but it looked obvious to me.

Edit: Yup, game over! Auburn wins 8-0! I love short games like this!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Jesus believes in you my friend and will always be there for you if you ever want a relationship with him.  Thanks for your awesome updates!!!!

5 hours ago, AU1947 said:

You don't believe in Him yet you are using His name? Jesus never traveled more than 100 miles, and was crucified at the age of 33, and lived 2,000 years ago. And the Roman's feared Him.... Yet here we are talking about Him. Oh yes my brother He is very much real! And there are countries that try to keep Him out and imprison those who talk or spread His word... And the Bible is the most sold book throughout the world. I promise He is something you will want to believe in and it is a relationship you are missing out on... and His love is like no other.

Here I was thinking I was on a sports messaging board not church. I don't push my atheism on anyone on this forum so I would like it if people don't push their religion on me. I didn't ask to have a sermon quoted at me. Also, jesus, jesus, jesus. To me it's just a word.

Edit: Btw, I don't think people want to get into any kind of conversation about what happens in other countries. You know, since people are imprisoned or killed for being gay. Even in our own country there are people out there who don't want gay people to have the same rights all because of a book.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1