The Justin Powell Saga (Merged)

tgrogan21

I’m pretty sure he just transferred twice in high school. Out once and then back to his original school in Kentucky. But yeah 2 transfers in 2 years of college is not a recipe for success.

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I’m pretty sure he just transferred twice in high school. Out once and then back to his original school in Kentucky. But yeah 2 transfers in 2 years of college is not a recipe for success.

Found the article interesting that he left looking for competition and then never saw the floor.  😆  Well I guess he was able to see how he measured up. 

It's a well known fact that JP's are repulsed by Knoxville. I sure wouldn't go there if those were my initials.

• Love 1

He was so talented before his injury. I was so sorry that his physical issues undercut his opportunity at Auburn, and apparently limited his opportunities at UT as well. I know he desperately wants to play, but I think maybe he needs to move on in his life with new goals.

His father is heavily involved in all the transfers. I felt like Powell really wanted to stay at Auburn but Daddy jerked him out. At some point, Justin is going to have to tell Daddy to go fly a kite.

• Like 1

Is it it true he’s will have been to 7 different HSs and colleges now once he transfers again? 

somethings not right w his family handling if it’s all about basketball. 

• ellitor changed the title to Justin Powell Transferring...Again
2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Is it it true he’s will have been to 7 different HSs and colleges now once he transfers again? 

Yup!

16 hours ago, AURex said:

He was so talented before his injury. I was so sorry that his physical issues undercut his opportunity at Auburn, and apparently limited his opportunities at UT as well. I know he desperately wants to play, but I think maybe he needs to move on in his life with new goals.

Agreed. He was the best player on the floor during multiple games last year. I wish him the best and do wonder how much of it has to do with the injuries. I get some the jest, but don't think it's worth all the piling on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

I can only find proof of 4 (2 HS & 2 Uni). Got a source for 7? 

Well, one of them will be whichever school he transfers to next, as the person who asked the question clearly stated, "once he transfers again." No idea about the extra two high schools.

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

I can only find proof of 4 (2 HS & 2 Uni). Got a source for 7? 

@HAPvsOA https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2021/03/freshman-guard-justin-powell-transferring-from-auburn.html

A former three-star prospect out of Goshen, Kentucky, who played at three different schools during his prep career,

Not 7 but close enough to know there's an issue there.

I actually grew up in Goshen, KY, for a bit, and JP went to the same schools I attended. That was part of the reason I was so excited when he signed. Having made it out many years ago and then looking back on where folks ended up, I think there's something weird about that place. It's a fairly well to do suburb of Louisville and so many of the kids I went to school with either ended up in jail or made questionable life decisions despite having the cards stacked in their favor, and I thought some of these kids were fairly smart and came from good families. For context, Oldham County in KY has one of the best public school systems in the state. So, JP's arc seems to be fairly common for kids from that area, and I have to wonder if that environment is a contributing factor. JP's story is actually better than most from Goshen as most kids never make it out of there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Would he be at AU still if not for his concussion?

@fishepaMaybe not. His dad seems to always find an excuse for him to transfer.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@fishepaMaybe not. His dad seems to always find an excuse for him to transfer.

Sounds like dad is the sideline coach that believes he is better than the actual coach!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Sounds like dad is the sideline coach that believes he is better than the actual coach!

We Have A Winner GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We Have A Winner GIFs | Tenor

Maybe Justin should try this.

image.jpeg.39f7b147bb97177afb7bc1b1e5967ea8.jpeg

On 4/28/2022 at 5:31 PM, IronMan70 said:

We sure could have used his shooting, I know that.

There’s no way he’d ever be able to show his face around here again, but I wouldn’t be mad at him being used in a better Lior Berman role here. Just come in and make sure your man can’t double Wendell Green 

• ellitor changed the title to The Justin Powell Saga (Merged)

You guys still think he can play for North Carolina, Kentucky, etc???

• 1 month later...