The Justin Powell Saga (Merged)

tgrogan21

Damn.  Never saw him and Sharife on the floor together.  When he signed, I was most excited about him because I felt he would be that Tyler Herro type of player.  He proved as much early on.  Hate the injury derailed him.  Good luck to him. My preference is that he does not end up at UK since they overlooked him to begin with to focus on the 1 and dones, but I wish for him to find a place he's comfortable. 

Edited by AUBwins

Very surprised but not passing judgement.  Wish him nothing but the best.  

Edited by abw0004

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

A couple of people on the paid boards are suggesting it's mostly about being closer to home.

Time and new school choice will tell.  At the same time, if the injury and needing to be closer to home is the reasoning (which is 100% understandable), why not just say so?  Health-wise, hope he recovers and plays ball again....just can’t beat AU

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

Really think there is something going on here. If he don't want to be here, I hope the door don't hit him in ass on the way out

Smh you just keep on rocking huh?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, chizhead said:

If he don't want to be here? Oh well, nice knowin' ya! NEXT!

Think you are way off base with this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Being discussed in the Justin Powell thread already. Multiple people saying it's just him wanting to be closer to home. The kid had 2 serious head injuries at the same time. Injuries that made even studying or doing classwork almost impossible. Not everything that happens is because something bad is going on. Sometimes kids just want to be closer to family and closer to their support system.

Not to mention this is not his first head injury. He spent weeks away from people and in a dark room Bc of how it was affecting him. You put a hurting athlete in those kinds of situations and see how it affects them psychologically. I 100% understand him wanting to be closer to home, but man it stings

• Like 4

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Don’t buy this. It’s not like Kentucky is in another country or he lived in the far corners of this country. 

im hearing it had to do with Auburn not wanting to clear him medically. 

You act like Kentucky is an hour down the road. It's still about 8 hours away from Auburn and for a kid who is trying to go to school, that's not a trip you can make just because. It might be medical, it might be homesick, or it might be something else. But for people on here and all over twitter to talk s*** about the kid and as @chizheadsaid "hope the door don't hit him on the ass" is not something anyone should be doing. One player leaving the school due to medical issues (more than likely) also doesn't mean we should be hitting the panic button that something deep and dark is going on with the program.

• Like 4

Rupps Rafters forum was talking about Powell transferring two weeks ago. I wonder why? I think there is more to this than ya'll want to admit. Players come and go..............Really interesting that, according to MM and 24/7, when Powell signs at this next school, it will make the 5th school in the last 6 years that he has attended. If he ends up at UK, I guess that'll be okay,too

Edited by chizhead

14 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Rupps Rafters forum was talking about Powell transferring two weeks ago. I wonder why? I think there is more to this than ya'll want to admit. Players come and go..............

There’s nothing to admit if we don’t really know the facts. 

2+2 doesn’t have to equal 4 if you’re bad w math. 

I would expect being from Kentucky w family up there, info could come from inside about any reason including just wanting to go to school in his home state but necessarily just to UK. 

I guess we’ll find out soon enough and then we’ll all probably be wrong. Lol. 

I hate it because he was my favorite player of the bunch, but I am not getting a real good vibe from what I'm seeing on other sites. May not all be true, maybe not any of it, but if he got his panties in a wad due to being held out as a precaution, or IF something else happened afterwards, then maybe its all for the best. I still question how UK folks were talking about this long before any of us expected anything was going on, including the 24/7 folks

We're all speculating at this point, but I'm leaning towards something injury related. Maybe AU wouldn't clear him, doctors gave him bad news.. I just don't see any internal problems with team or him worried about playing time. 

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

If he don't want to be here? Oh well, nice knowin' ya! NEXT!

I think you made your point about how you feel by posting literally the same thing twice . I hate he is leaving too, but he faced a near life changing concussion. He needs his family right now . 

• Like 1

I wish the best for him. I also wish Auburn basketball could go 200 days without crappy news. Injuries, investigations, unexpected transfers, G League, etc.

• Like 6

We'll be okay. I am concerned with one rumor that is being bandied about on other sites. If its true, I am just glad that things didn't turn out far worse. Nothing to do with any illegal,drugs,grades,etc, just decision making

4 minutes ago, chizhead said:

We'll be okay. I am concerned with one rumor that is being bandied about on other sites. If its true, I am just glad that things didn't turn out far worse. Nothing to do with any illegal,drugs,grades,etc, just decision making

Which sites?

20 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I wish the best for him. I also wish Auburn basketball could go 200 days without crappy news. Injuries, investigations, unexpected transfers, G League, etc.

I had just said the same thing recently in the other Powell thread - you always know there is another kick to the nads just around the bend. I knew we had too perfect of a starting lineup projected for the fall. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

A couple of people on the paid boards are suggesting it's mostly about being closer to home.

A couple of historically more informed basketball people on the bunker are saying that's only part of it. Another big part of it is another team or teams tampering with him when they aren't supposed to communicate with him since he's playing for another school. I'm tired of this Ish! It's the same damn thing Baylor illegally did to get @fredst's boy Davion.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A couple of historically more informed basketball people on the bunker are saying that's only part of it. Another big part of it is another team or teams tampering with him when they aren't supposed to communicate with him since he's playing for another school. I'm tired of this Ish! It's the same damn thing Baylor illegally did to get @fredst's boy Davion.

So UK did their thing, and then realized they didn’t have a shooter. Would this have still played out had JP not gotten hurt?

4 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

WOW.  Why would he leave?

@LKEEL75To be closer to home because of the injuries & schools closer to home getting in his head negatively recruiting against AU saying we are going to get another post season ban, which still doesn't appear to be the case at this time..

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, AUbehemoth said:

Like bruuuuuhhhh!!!! This came out of nowhere to me. Was anybody else hearing about this?

@AUbehemoth The staff did but thought it was a slim possibility.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Sometimes kids just want to be closer to family and closer to their support system.

And only if this sitch was that clean...

• Like 1

So opposing coaches decided to tamper and convince a kid with a serious head injury to transfer. Cool, that is SCUM, if you ask me. **** em (the other coaches)

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

So opposing coaches decided to tamper and convince a kid with a serious head injury to transfer. Cool, that is SCUM, if you ask me. **** em (the other coaches)

Note.....that hasn't been proven, I choose to not believe such speculation until proven.

• Like 1