Equality

icanthearyou

9 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

That's about as boneheaded and inaccurate as saying the Democrat party is simply where the murderers, pedophiles and rapists feel comfortable and welcomed.

The Democratic party does not "welcome" murderers, pedophiles and rapists.

That's absolutely insane.

Not saying (all) Republicans "welcome" white nationalists, but there's plenty of examples of white nationalists (fascists) participating openly in Trump's party (formerly the Republican Party.)  And you know it.  (Or at least you would had you been paying attention.)

And this is not to mention examples of Republican officials participating or openly embracing white nationalists:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/06/politics/republican-paul-gosar-white-nationalists-kfile/index.html

Rep. Paul Gosar’s lengthy ties to White nationalists, pro-Nazi blogger and far-right fringe received little pushback for years

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04/republicans-america-first-caucus

Republicans Are Basically Starting a White Supremacist Caucus

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-leaders-condemn-greene-gosar-attending-white-nationalist/story?id=83164624

GOP leaders* condemn Greene, Gosar for attending white nationalist event

* (Except of course the actual leader, Trump. Won't see any condemnation from him - just the opposite.  He's said they are "good people".) 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

True, but there are also plenty in today's Republican party who are advocates of white nationalism / fascism.

One of the most blatant examples is Tucker Carlson:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/05/tucker-carlson-white-nationalism-fox-news-vdare-peter-brimelow.html

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-tucker-carlson-minute-014055697.html

Obviously there are reasons, fundamental agreement and, political.  I was simply agreeing that all Republicans are not racists.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

That's about as boneheaded and inaccurate as saying the Democrat party is simply where the murderers, pedophiles and rapists feel comfortable and welcomed.

No.  It is not.  You are lying.  The Democratic party does not functionally or, tacitly support any of those individuals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

The Democratic party does not "welcome" murderers, pedophiles and rapists.

That's absolutely insane.

Not saying (all) Republicans "welcome" white nationalists, but there's plenty of examples of white nationalists (fascists) participating openly in Trump's party (formerly the Republican Party.)  And you know it.  (Or at least you would had you been paying attention.)

And this is not to mention examples of Republican officials participating or openly embracing white nationalists:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/06/politics/republican-paul-gosar-white-nationalists-kfile/index.html

Rep. Paul Gosar’s lengthy ties to White nationalists, pro-Nazi blogger and far-right fringe received little pushback for years

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04/republicans-america-first-caucus

Republicans Are Basically Starting a White Supremacist Caucus

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-leaders-condemn-greene-gosar-attending-white-nationalist/story?id=83164624

GOP leaders* condemn Greene, Gosar for attending white nationalist event

* (Except of course the actual leader, Trump. Won't see any condemnation from him - just the opposite.  He's said they are "good people".) 

Homey lying like always. Trump never said white supremacists  were good people. He said there are good people on both sides of the issue of confederate war statues. I know that you know this so why you need to lie about it? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Homey lying like always. Trump never said white supremacists  were good people. He said there are good people on both sides of the issue of confederate war statues. I know that you know this so why you need to lie about it? 

YOU are lying.  We all witnessed reality.  Those who rallied were the core of the white supremacy movement.  Condemn it or, support it but,,, stop being a coward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

YOU are lying.  We all witnessed reality.  Those who rallied were the core of the white supremacy movement.  Condemn it or, support it but,,, stop being a coward.

Irrelevant. Trump did not say what homey claims he said.

That is a flat lie. I have no idea who was at Charlottesville. That’s not the subject or the point.  I’m not a coward. I don’t approve of any white supremacy people or movements.  The issue is people lying about what trump said. You included. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

That is a flat lie. I have no idea who was at Charlottesville. That’s not the subject or the point.  I’m not a coward. I don’t approve of any white supremacy people or movements.  The issue is people lying about what trump said. You included. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/10/02/trump-and-white-supremacy-he-did-condemn-and-has-repeatedly-column/5883336002/

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Both of these clowns not only believe the ridiculous notion that republicans, conservatives, libertarians, etc...approve racism or white supremacy, their collective blind ideology demands they parrot the BS daily. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:19 AM, jj3jordan said:

Can you even read the definition of a fascist? Bash Miller all you want but all he did was return our country to enforcing our own current immigration law.  So enforcing the laws of our country makes you a fascist? He didn’t write the law.  It was written decades ago and both parties have had opportunities to change them if they deemed it necessary to the survival of the country. This is what happens when laws are not enforced. There is nothing in that article that says Stephen Miller is a racist or fascist. Republicans are not racists. Democrats are. All the way thru history. Despite homers fantasy that the parties switched after the Cicil Rights Bill was passed. It did not happen on a national or widespread scale. That is a democrat lie. Another democrat lie is that Obama did not separate families. He did. There are pictures of it. Of course these pictures from 2014 were use by the lying media to say they were separated by a Trump but they got caught. We are a nation of laws. Democrats don’t care. They only like laws they like. They have a separate standard for laws that apply to republicans and not to democrats. Your rant about Miller is irrelevant. Biden and his vax mandate or be fired is by definition a fascist policy. Same for airlines. Restaurants etc. That’s what makes you a fascist. Not enforcing the legally passed laws of this country. 

You have a picture of Obama at the border taking small children?  Do tell.  LOL

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

He said there were good people on both sides.  That comment is much less concerning than the way he kissed Putin's butt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He said there were good people on both sides.  That comment is much less concerning than the way he kissed Putin's butt.

He was talking about the issue of the statues. Not the white supremacists.  You know that. Why do you insist of perpetrating this lie?  

More concerning is you are sounding like fiddy. How exactly did he kiss putin’s butt? 

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You have a picture of Obama at the border taking small children?  Do tell.  LOL

The pictures are of children in cages from 2014. They were posted as Trump admin pics by the media.  Obama does not have the courage to visit the border and acknowledge his failure there.  Wow you need some orange juice or coffee. Your arguments are getting weaker by the minute. 

Reality is,,,,

We all know who rallied in Charlottesville.

We all know what Trump said.

We all know the party preferred by racists.

People will believe what they want to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

He was talking about the issue of the statues. Not the white supremacists.  You know that. Why do you insist of perpetrating this lie?  

More concerning is you are sounding like fiddy. How exactly did he kiss putin’s butt? 

I actually thought the reaction was overblown, but to be clear, he was talking about the protests that were taking place over the statues.  There were protesters and counter protesters.  Those were the two sides.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

The pictures are of children in cages from 2014. They were posted as Trump admin pics by the media.  Obama does not have the courage to visit the border and acknowledge his failure there.  Wow you need some orange juice or coffee. Your arguments are getting weaker by the minute. 

The border problem is the result of our long ago outdated immigration system (and the laws that regulate that system) and the refusal of some on both sides of the aisle to do whatever it takes to find a solution.  We spent a couple hundred years trying to get everyone to come here.  We have now switched gears, but the laws surrounding immigration are the same.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I actually thought the reaction was overblown, but to be clear, he was talking about the protests that were taking place over the statues.  There were protesters and counter protesters.  Those were the two sides.

Yes. Agreed.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AU9377 said:

And we all know what those sides specifically represented.

I want to see the end of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. What does that make me? :drink1:

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

And we all know what those sides specifically represented.

No but we know your opinion which is equal to 💩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I want to see the end of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. What does that make me? :drink1:

You're not a Libertarian are you? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 4:12 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

You're not a Libertarian are you? 

They don't want me either....I'm not radical enough for them. I choose to vote for the person best to serve.....HATE party affiliation but it's the way it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

They don't want me either....I'm not radical enough for them. I choose to vote for the person best to serve.....HATE party affiliation but it's the way it is. 

Campaign finance reform could nueter their hold over individual politicians.  Sadly, there is no political will to do so.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 8:19 AM, johnnyAU said:

Both of these clowns not only believe the ridiculous notion that republicans, conservatives, libertarians, etc...approve racism or white supremacy, their collective blind ideology demands they parrot the BS daily. 

Yeah, ridiculous.....

White Nationalism and the Republican Party
Toward Minority Rule in America

Copyright Year 2023

In this book, John Ehrenberg argues that Donald Trump, as both candidate and president, represents a qualitatively new stage in the evolution of the Republican Party’s willingness to exploit American racial tensions.

Works on Trump’s use of race have tended to be fragmentary or subsidiary to a larger purpose. Ehrenberg concentrates his investigation on Trump’s weaponized use of race, contextualized through historical and theoretical details, demonstrating that while Trump draws on previous Republican strategies, he stands apart through his explicit intention to convert the Republican Party into a political instrument of a threatened racial order. The book traces the Grand Old Party’s (GOP) approach to racial matters from Goldwater’s “constitutional” objection to federal activity in the South to George W. Bush’s overtures to Black citizens. Ehrenberg examines the role of racial animus in prying loose a significant portion of the Democratic Party’s electoral coalition and making possible Trump’s overt flirtation with white nationalism. He concludes that the Republican Party will find it difficult to jettison its 50-year history of embracing and amplifying white racial animus and resentment.

White Nationalism and the Republican Party will be of interest to academics and students of American politics, voting behavior, American party politics, race and American politics, twentieth-century American history, political leadership, politics of inequality, race and public policy.

Edited by homersapien

I have seen more than a few episodes of Tucker, but am certainly not a regular viewer.  However I have never heard him say anything racist.  Right wing and nationalist, sure but not racist.  I’ve skimmed both of these articles, and found not a single quote or hard connection between Tucker and racist comments or ideology.  Just because someone writes and article and says Tucker leans Republican, and there are certainly racists in the Republican Party (and the Democrats too) therefore Tucker must be a racist - this is flawed logic.  Too many people overplay the racist / Nazi label to smear people they disagree with, and it’s dangerous.  

The Tops shooter in Buffalo was a white supremacy believer who happened to be a leftist - does this make all leftists racist?  Of course not.  

True racists are nowhere near as prevalent as the label gets slung around.  We should refrain from overusing the term so that when it is appropriate it sounds as awful as it is, instead of diluted and overplayed.  

2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I have seen more than a few episodes of Tucker, but am certainly not a regular viewer.  However I have never heard him say anything racist.  Right wing and nationalist, sure but not racist.  I’ve skimmed both of these articles, and found not a single quote or hard connection between Tucker and racist comments or ideology.  Just because someone writes and article and says Tucker leans Republican, and there are certainly racists in the Republican Party (and the Democrats too) therefore Tucker must be a racist - this is flawed logic.  Too many people overplay the racist / Nazi label to smear people they disagree with, and it’s dangerous.  

The Tops shooter in Buffalo was a white supremacy believer who happened to be a leftist - does this make all leftists racist?  Of course not.  

True racists are nowhere near as prevalent as the label gets slung around.  We should refrain from overusing the term so that when it is appropriate it sounds as awful as it is, instead of diluted and overplayed.  

You are dishonest.

• Facepalm 1