Softball vs Georgia

2 minutes ago, TD1 said:

I initially questioned keeping her in the game, but great job by Dismukes! 

Kk is a groundball pitcher. I think her ball dips even more as she tires a little she can get even better. 
if she could get into later innings that helped against a HR team like GA. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, TD1 said:

I initially questioned keeping her in the game, but great job by Dismukes! 

Same here. Thought she was dead in the water after giving up 3 runs.

5 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Anyone know why our dugout folks were wearing pink t-shirts? Were we doing something for breast cancer?

Yep, it was breast cancer awareness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Kk is a groundball pitcher. I think her ball dips even more as she tires a little she can get even better. 
if she could get into later innings that helped against a HR team like GA. 

Was severely impressed with her tonight. She fell behind all 3 batters in the 7th but fought through it. If we can get her going and still be able to save Lowe so she can recover from the injury. We could be a force in the tourneys.

• Like 1

Great game by the Tigers; maybe the best of the year.  Finally, KK seems like a "real" pitcher to me.  Anyone know the last time we won 4 consecutive SEC games?  All the subbing and moving by Dean seems to be having a beneficial effect.

Edit to answer my own question:  In 2018, we won the last two against Alabama, swept Kentucky, and took the first two from Ole Miss for 7 consecutive.

Edited by OlderWhiskey
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Great game by the Tigers; maybe the best of the year.  Finally, KK seems like a "real" pitcher to me.  Anyone know the last time we won 4 consecutive SEC games?  All the subbing and moving by Dean seems to be having a beneficial effect.

Yes I suppose he finally found the formula.  Amazing what the girls will do with an opportunity for extended time

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Game 2 starting in about 35 minutes. Twitter post with the lineup will be edited in but according to statbroadcast, Dismukes is starting the game. Interesting that we aren't going with Lowe.

Lowe is hurt according to the locals as well as Yarborough is not 100% either.

Extremely proud for KK Dismukes and the  team.  Both pitching staffs faced 24 batters.  KK only had 2 SO but 7 FO and 10 GO (pointed out by steeleagle).  She did have 2 wild pitches, one of which resulted in a score.  Gave up 3 walks and 5 hits.  The combined 3 Georgia pitchers had 7 SO, 8 FO and 3 GO but 8 walks and 6 hits.  We left 12 runners on base while Georgia had 4 LOB.  Dismukes threw 94 pitches vs 144 for the Georgia staff.  After KK gave up a 4th inning HR and a hit she retired the remaining batters she faced in the game.  Great composure.

• Like 5

Looked as if CMD was itching to pull her though... I was at the game last night and noticed that on more than one occasion Penta, Lowe, & Yarborough were all in the bull pen getting loose. Very proud of KK on the outing last night.

46 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Looked as if CMD was itching to pull her though... I was at the game last night and noticed that on more than one occasion Penta, Lowe, & Yarborough were all in the bull pen getting loose. Very proud of KK on the outing last night.

I’m glad he was. Ga has HR hitters in the last inning he could have shut them down bringing in Penta. But he gambled and won. Not sure where they were in the lineup so that may have gplayed a part too  

now he has Penta for Sunday a little fresher  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Lowe is hurt according to the locals as well as Yarborough is not 100% either.

Figured they both were but since Lowe pitched last weekend I thought Dean would try her again. Have you heard how serious the injury is? If they expect her to be 100% around the tourneys?

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I’m glad he was. Ga has HR hitters in the last inning he could have shut them down bringing in Penta. But he gambled and won. Not sure where they were in the lineup so that may have gplayed a part too  

now he has Penta for Sunday a little fresher  

Penta did surrender 3 HR's in the previous game.  I believe I understand your comment; I think of Penta as more of a shut down pitcher and glad we likely see her in the circle today.  I believe Georgia had 8,9,and 1 hitters scheduled.  I know he pinch hit for one of them.  You could tell that CMD was extremely excited for KK as was the rest of the team.  Can only help going forward.  

Penta on the mound again for the start. Couple of changes to the lineup, though, as Packer is not starting. Schmidt is starting in her place. That moves Peralta to the #2 spot in the lineup. Schmidt is batting 8th. Lisenby at C and Godwin at DP.

Penta gives up a lead off bloop single.

Lisenby having to do some work behind the plate to save a couple of pitches.

Damn it to hell! Georgia hits ANOTHER homerun!

Auburn gonna have to come back from behind again. 2-0 Georgia

Penta's control is shaky to start. Has thrown a couple over Lisenby's head and Lisenby has had to save about 3 of them.

Big win getting Fincher (who had hit 2 home runs already this series) to strike out!

... another home run. Goodness gracious.

3-0 Georgia

Edited by tgrogan21

Hope Lowe is ready to go. I don't think Penta has it today.

Hit the next batter on the very next pitch.

Edit: This is me just willing Penta to settle down after the first just like I did for Dismukes yesterday.

Edited by tgrogan21

Strike out and Lisenby with a master save behind the plate.

Runner runs in front of McCondichie and she loses the ball on the soft liner.

Ground out to mercifully get out of the inning.

Garcia, Peralta, Blaine up.

3-0 Georgia B1st

8 batters and 31 pitches (3 runs on 2 HRs) in that first inning

• Sad 1

Garcia fouls out on a 3-1 count.

Peralta with a 1 pitch pop out.

Blaine strikes out. :(

3-0 Georgia T2nd

Full count walk. Penta missing badly on these pitches.

Strike out on 3 pitches.

Wow! LIsenby trying to injure our ace. Runner steals, Lisenby throws and the ball hits Penta in the head. Runner takes 3rd on the error.

Edited by tgrogan21

Penta seems to be okay but she gives up a single. Run scores and then falls behind 2-0 before walking the batter on 5 pitches.

4-0 Georgia

Edited by tgrogan21