Baseball vs Tennessee series

Good job guys! Take one against the porkers and we should be in good hands.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Good job guys! Take one against the porkers and we should be in good hands.

Take 2 and we could be playing Alabama and Kentucky with a potential super regional host on the line. If we (at minimum) win the last 3 series that would be 18 SEC wins regular season. I'm pretty sure 17 wins would guarantee us a regional host spot. As of now D1 Baseball has us as the 13 seed hosting a regional. Take 2 from Arkansas and sweep Alabama or Kentucky and I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't jump to a top 8 seed.

• Like 5

Joyce for Tennessee threw the fastest pitch ever clocked in college at 105.5mph!  Hard to catch up to that. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Joyce for Tennessee threw the fastest pitch ever clocked in college at 105.5mph!  Hard to catch up to that. 

hell that's nothing I can hit a 9 iron that fast even at my age

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

Outside of 2 innings Auburn played almost equal to the undisputed top team in the country at their park.  So nice to see this team return to playing great after last season.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

We’re #3 in Rpi rankings. Does that make us likely to be a top seed?

They had a graphic on the game yesterday that said we're projected as a 1 seed.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

We’re #3 in Rpi rankings. Does that make us likely to be a top seed?

It's not nearly over yet. We can still lose games and drop down, or finish strong and hold at or near the top. The results of the remaining nine SEC games will tell the tale.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's not nearly over yet. We can still lose games and drop down, or finish strong and hold at or near the top. The results of the remaining nine SEC games will tell the tale.

Emma Thompson Reaction GIF

• Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Emma Thompson Reaction GIF

The guy asked a question that can't be answered yet. I explained why. What's your grief?

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The guy asked a question that can't be answered yet. I explained why. What's your grief?

No grief at all .....not everything is a battle mikey... life too short.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No grief at all .....not everything is a battle mikey... life too short.

Then why post a pointless, nasty gif?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then why post a pointless, nasty gif?

Your view that it was pointless and nasty. I'm not getting into a back and forth with you. You know what they say about a screen door in a hurricane don't you...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Your view that it was pointless and nasty. I'm not getting into a back and forth with you. You know what they say about a screen door in a hurricane don't you...

Speaking of which.  The straight line winds we have had with recent storms will open the door on the screened porch despite having a concrete rabbit blocking it 😆  Kentucky definitely carries more wind than Louisiana.  Lol

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

A thought on the clueless announcers: The play of the game was Howell's robbing a home run with an exceptional catch in center field. While watching the game, they were interviewing one of the coaches and the play was only visible in the distant background. Howell's play was great enough that the Rally Cap show had it as the #1 play of the weekend. Yet, we only saw it in the background and the announcers never mentioned it and never showed a replay.

This isn't the first time announcers on the SEC network have chosen to ignore game action while they conducted a lecture on their self-important subject. We need better. People don't watch the game to hear announcers drone on or to hear interviews while there is game action.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

A thought on the clueless announcers: The play of the game was Howell's robbing a home run with an exceptional catch in center field. While watching the game, they were interviewing one of the coaches and the play was only visible in the distant background. Howell's play was great enough that the Rally Cap show had it as the #1 play of the weekend. Yet, we only saw it in the background and the announcers never mentioned it and never showed a replay.

This isn't the first time announcers on the SEC network have chosen to ignore game action while they conducted a lecture on their self-important subject. We need better. People don't watch the game to hear announcers drone on or to hear interviews while there is game action.

I feel like it's an issue to the regular TV networks trying to appeal to the casual audience, not just SEC network sadly. Interviewing the potential first round draft pick or controversial figure in college baseball falls under that. If it wasn't for my free trial of Apple TV, I wouldn't watch their MLB games because of their broadcasting. That being said, I'm glad Costas is back again doing MLB games, as he's a guy who is definitely invested in the sport.

Edited by warbiscuit
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 7:45 AM, Mikey said:

Agreed. Most baseball announcers in todays game talk way too much and too often. I find myself increasingly muting them.  

• Like 2