Samantha Yarbrough

13 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Is she still on the team ?

Pretty sure she is. Haven't seen any thing that would say she's not. I think she's just either hurt or not recovering fast enough from a previous injury. Last time she played was one of the Niagara games and she got hit all over the place.

9 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

Is she still on the team ?

Yes, actually I saw her today in the bullpen warming up and has been pitching to the team in practice... I know that she was having a shoulder issue before the season and not as much movement on her ball as before. Also saw Lowe warm up and Penta as well. Not sure exactly what the game plan is for the pitching staff. But Yarborough threw a lot her sophomore year, and then Lowe last year. Both are struggling now and injured. Wonder if the over use has anything to do with it. Is Penta next on the injury list?

She is on the team and will be honored pre-game today (Seniors Day) along with Godwin.  I would say her AU highlight was a great effort vs highly ranked Florida in 2020 in a game we lost in 10 innings 2-1.  She pitched 9 innings and gave up 1 run with 8 SO and pitched around some difficult situations.  In that game she faced 39 batters and threw an amazing 174 pitches. She has only pitched 10 innings this season with her last appearance vs Niagara on April 15. Wish her the best.

• Like 1

Yep the Covid 2020 season appeared to be her best year there on the plains. 10 innings in Florida at UF. And then just a week or 2 before the almost no hitter against #18 Minnesota in a 5-1 win for the Tigers. That one hit was a solo HR. Since that season though I don't think she has been 100% healthy. 

Well she looked pretty and sporty today against 4, 5, 6!!! Hope Godwin and her come back for the covid year....

13 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Well she looked pretty and sporty today against 4, 5, 6!!! Hope Godwin and her come back for the covid year....

I would be surprised if they returned for another year.  There are 2 signed in the next class who can play catcher (one very highly ranked) and we have Lisenby and Blaine on roster.  Additionally, Emmah Rolfe, a highly rated pitcher is in the next class.  A lot of possible moving parts with injuries and surprise transfer portal stuff, but I suspect they will move on with their lives.  As a side note, based on recent performance, Yarbrough seems to pitch better as a brunette. 😁

• Like 3

8 hours ago, slot canyon said:

I would be surprised if they returned for another year.  There are 2 signed in the next class who can play catcher (one very highly ranked) and we have Lisenby and Blaine on roster.  Additionally, Emmah Rolfe, a highly rated pitcher is in the next class.  A lot of possible moving parts with injuries and surprise transfer portal stuff, but I suspect they will move on with their lives.  As a side note, based on recent performance, Yarbrough seems to pitch better as a brunette. 😁

Lol ... Glad to see them both do well on their Senior Sunday. Be nice to luck up and host a regional so we can have a couple more home games...

• Like 1