under Armour

eaglenest

12 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Is awful, it is just hard to watch our teams, it is just low budget looking uniforms all way around.

I don't agree, I like our uniforms. There may be other concerns but I've seen no downside to Under Armor. Coach Pearl has very much put the lie to the "Can't recruit basketball players with Under Armor" myth.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There may be other concerns but I've seen no downside to Under Armor

Their shoes are horrible. That's a fact

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That may be, I wouldn't know. Georgia Boot works for me and Crocs are good for leisure times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Too bad New Balance won’t get into a college sports deal…

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I wouldn't know

Well you could read and listen vs giving your anecdote that doesn't relate 

• Dislike 3

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That may be, I wouldn't know. Georgia Boot works for me and Crocs are good for leisure times.

Crocs? Now u definitely dont know about shoes.  Lol.

I hate any croc shoe. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

i have a pair of auburn crocs. skeechers believe it or not has shoes that put crocs to shame in comfort and that is very hard to do. i could not believe it until i tried it for myself. but for those laughing crocs are popular as hell right now..................

• Like 2

They Should Wear cut off tough skin jeans and tank tops . Would that work for you? I have UA gear that is awesome. Shoes not so much, but clothing is A+

Edited by JDUBB4AU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Is awful, it is just hard to watch our teams, it is just low budget looking uniforms all way around.

they might or might not be as i have heard the shoes are bad but i have never worn any. i can tell you for a fact their fan jerseys and t's are as good as anyones. but here is the  thing.......... they are are supporting us with equipment and money and we should be happy instead dissing them. when players start dissing the stuff then we might be in trouble. and for the record did that williams cat have a blow out in nikes? i forget but i think he played for duke? and i am not trying to come down on you i just disagree.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We don't give scholarships to 50 year old dads

This 35 year old dad says we don't want to play for you anyway

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This 35 year old dad says we don't want to play for you anyway

Depends (no not them) on the NIL deal that’s offerered.

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We don't give scholarships to 50 year old dads

LOL…true…..but it is a dang fine shoe…especially for those with a really wide or narrow foot

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they are are supporting us with equipment and money and we should be happy instead dissing them

"Shut up and be happy" is a terrible mindset when we need the best equipment. 

Under Armour cleats are comparable to competitors…clothing as well, baskeball and running shoes are well behind Nike and Adidas. When it comes to team athletics New Balance should sit quietly in the corner.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they might or might not be as i have heard the shoes are bad but i have never worn any. i can tell you for a fact their fan jerseys and t's are as good as anyones. but here is the  thing.......... they are are supporting us with equipment and money and we should be happy instead dissing them. when players start dissing the stuff then we might be in trouble. and for the record did that williams cat have a blow out in nikes? i forget but i think he played for duke? and i am not trying to come down on you i just disagree.

Under Armour is terrible when it comes to designing of uniforms, we can add shoes to the list as well, this is not about recruiting or money, it's about how our teams look and the apparel that we fans can purchase whether on campus or box store. We are not in the same room when it come to Addias and Nike from a design stand point, our baseball uniforms looks like a Russell athletics uniform and softball too, any Apparel company will support who ever is contracted out with them, from my vantage point there is a lot of cultural changes needed at Auburn and one is this fan base inferiority mentality not wanting the best for our athletes because so and so have this apparel company. Last time I checked which is now I Don't play and neither do you, so we need to stop it with the holding on the what ever years because Auburn uniforms has changed over the years. My biggest complaint is our uniforms always has to have the logo/interlock on the uniform as if we are trying to tell who ever that this is Auburn, it is over kill and to busy looking, the front of the uniform says AUBURN /TIGERS on the front?!?! depending on what color we are wearing it doesn't make sense.. to have the interlock on the back.

54 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Under Armour is terrible when it comes to designing of uniforms, we can add shoes to the list as well, this is not about recruiting or money, it's about how our teams look and the apparel that we fans can purchase whether on campus or box store. We are not in the same room when it come to Addias and Nike from a design stand point, our baseball uniforms looks like a Russell athletics uniform and softball too, any Apparel company will support who ever is contracted out with them, from my vantage point there is a lot of cultural changes needed at Auburn and one is this fan base inferiority mentality not wanting the best for our athletes because so and so have this apparel company. Last time I checked which is now I Don't play and neither do you, so we need to stop it with the holding on the what ever years because Auburn uniforms has changed over the years. My biggest complaint is our uniforms always has to have the logo/interlock on the uniform as if we are trying to tell who ever that this is Auburn, it is over kill and to busy looking, the front of the uniform says AUBURN /TIGERS on the front?!?! depending on what color we are wearing it doesn't make sense.. to have the interlock on the back.

you make some fair points but i would bet my house auburn signs off on design. and again i stated i have never tried their shoes so i could not state one way or the other. the t's are durable and so are the jerseys. design is as much auburns fault as anyones. but heck i like the old russel stuff. as long as out base jersey stays navy blue i am happy because i think or jerseys look great and better than most. but if under armor is helping us or paying for anything i just think it is in bad form. i would love nikes money backing us but i quit wearing their sneakers because they just did not stand up to comfort of others. no under armor tho.lol i did have a friend that wore ua sneakers and he loved them.

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

LOL…true…..but it is a dang fine shoe…especially for those with a really wide or narrow foot

i was a new balance guy when i thought nike took a downhill turn. but man if you have not tried skeechers walking shoes you are missing some serious comfort and i cannot stress this enough and they are cheap.

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

maybe part of our problem is i cannot stand for orange to be auburns main color so i apy little attention to them when we play. i will say that if the kids love them more power to them because you are right we are not playing. i just think the navy and adding orange stripes is the nicest jersey in college ball period. but it is just like the gimmics they use now like the turnover chain and all that. they do it in baseball now i saw. but anyway a lot of people have a problem with it but i say let the kids play and let them have fun.

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

They Should Wear cut off tough skin jeans and tank tops . Would that work for you? I have UA gear that is awesome. Shoes not so much, but clothing is A+

we could do skins and t's when we play lol. slow the game down with flipflops and a six pack.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

"Shut up and be happy" is a terrible mindset when we need the best equipment. 

not when the ath dept is hurting for money. look auburn agreed to the contract not our enemies.at least we can be loyal. i stand by my claim. also if we were being hindered by our equipment i believe folks would be letting management know. if i am wrong i stand corrected. also i never told anyone to shut up wed so lets keep it straight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

not when the ath dept is hurting for money. look auburn agreed to the contract not our enemies.at least we can be loyal. i stand by my claim. also if we were being hindered by our equipment i believe folks would be letting management know. if i am wrong i stand corrected. also i never told anyone to shut up wed so lets keep it straight.

Imo UA is on par with Nike in the football realm. The only uniforms that are hideous are Marylands but I am sure they could have them redesigned if it was an issue. I wouldn’t trust UA as an basketball shoe. I believe even Barkley has made reference to this  but in the end the department has to do what’s best for them. Like u stated  if it was a big issue I have to believe the department would address it. 

• Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

Imo UA is on par with Nike in the football realm. The only uniforms that are hideous are Marylands but I am sure they could have them redesigned if it was an issue. I wouldn’t trust UA as an basketball shoe. I believe even Barkley has made reference to this  but in the end the department has to do what’s best for them. Like u stated  if it was a big issue I have to believe the department would address it. 

well i guess i might have to eat crow except i did not include shoes because i have never worn them. i had a friend had a pair and liked them but we never discussed them. but if chuck says they are bad they i believe it to be so because he will say what others will not. if unis were up to me we would still be doing the tear aways or whatever you called them. to me those were the most badass jerseys ever.

• Like 1