under Armour

eaglenest

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

not when the ath dept is hurting for money. look auburn agreed to the contract not our enemies.at least we can be loyal. i stand by my claim. also if we were being hindered by our equipment i believe folks would be letting management know. if i am wrong i stand corrected. also i never told anyone to shut up wed so lets keep it straight.

My guy, fan complaints aren't going to void a contract. When the UA contract is up, if we go with another brand they will pay us equally or more. 

Clutching pearls over what money UA gives us and using it as a reason fans can't want for more is silly

Under Armor will probably be the uniform provider until the contact is up in ‘25 I believe. At that time I hope AUburn goes with Adidas, Puma, or Jumpman. I really like Adidas casual wear. I have a pair of Sambas that I’ve worn for probably 7 years or so. I have a backup pair of Sambas and 3 pairs of Shell Toe Adidas. 

Just my two cent UA is good for football only second to Nike. In the other sports they have some work to do. Some schools are represented by multiple brand depending on the sport. Not sure if that’s an option for Auburn. Steph Curry is the only person I know of that wears UA for bball it’s mostly Nike or Adidas. Btw these Adidas unis are worse than the Maryland turtle power uniforms 😂 

033E3D2C-CACD-44CF-BA78-994175ACE3E1.jpeg

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

I like the baseball uniforms, the football uniforms are always the same. But those basketball unis are trashhhhh. We should have kept the Jared Harper era unis. Those were classy and sharp. The new ones look like catalog high school uniforms. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Under Armor will probably be the uniform provider until the contact is up in ‘25 I believe. At that time I hope AUburn goes with Adidas, Puma, or Jumpman. I really like Adidas casual wear. I have a pair of Sambas that I’ve worn for probably 7 years or so. I have a backup pair of Sambas and 3 pairs of Shell Toe Adidas. 

Adidas is my choice. I like their stuff better than Nike. But Jordan brand is pretty cool. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Is awful, it is just hard to watch our teams, it is just low budget looking uniforms all way around.

Not a dig, but retro Starter gear was awesome. The Orlando Margic Starter jacket meant you had made it as a 6th grader. Loved it 

I wear UA from head to toe, literally. Love their golf hats. Love the polos and T shirts. Their gym shorts are fine, but I have yet to find a shorts that I like better than Academy's generic brand. Their shoes aren't the Brooks by any stretch, and I primarily wear Brooks, but I have had a couple pairs of UA shoes, and for what I paid for them, they were more than serviceable. 

Not sure why UA is always catching flack on here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they might or might not be as i have heard the shoes are bad but i have never worn any. i can tell you for a fact their fan jerseys and t's are as good as anyones. but here is the  thing.......... they are are supporting us with equipment and money and we should be happy instead dissing them. when players start dissing the stuff then we might be in trouble. and for the record did that williams cat have a blow out in nikes? i forget but i think he played for duke? and i am not trying to come down on you i just disagree.

Their shoes are not amazing but they aren't the worst I've ever worn. You get what you pay for in footwear, and UA is no exception. Their $60 shoes wear like $60 shoes, their $80 shoes wear like $80 shoes.

If you're paying $100+, UA isn't for you.

I preferred Nike cleats to UA, but I didn't hate their basketball sneakers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not sure why UA is always catching flack on here.

I’m fine with UA gear in general. But the Auburn selection is pretty slim and hard to find from a fans perspective. 

Need to update their logo…it’s a little fussy/awkward and has fallen out of trend.  It’ll be back in style in 10 years, but a more timeless design would help keep their apparel relevant continuously.

Edited by AUDevil

well my gosh lets not leave out their jock straps................do not be holding out on us..................

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well my gosh lets not leave out their jock straps................do not be holding out on us..................

auburn eagle it is refreshing to see someone enjoy some humor on a monday morning. most would think i was starting a fight.

• 5 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 8:19 PM, eaglenest said:

Is awful, it is just hard to watch our teams, it is just low budget looking uniforms all way around.

I agree. Get that fixed and we'll be world beaters..🙄

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

My wife loves hers.

Did I mention they increased her vertical by 5%? You do realize that if new athletic shoes don't pass the "jump higher" test, they're bogus..😆

• Like 1

I like these. Pretty comfortable. But football? Not so much. Jump man would be my choice if I had one. 

7C64F470-90C6-43E3-8A06-EE9C874001E2.png

• Like 1

I like Under Armor a lot - regarding the apparel at least.  Haven’t really done much in the shoes so I can’t speak to that.  Never have been a fan of Nike - clothes aren’t bad, but especially can’t stand their shoes.  

I wouldn't be able to speak to performance, but as far as appearance goes, I love our uniforms. They look polished and the color combo is still striking. Alabama's solid white looks as low rent to me as any uniform on the gridiron. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 8:57 AM, W.E.D said:

Their shoes are horrible. That's a fact

we used to have a huge # if foot and lower leg injuries .

On 5/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, eaglenest said:

Under Armour is terrible when it comes to designing of uniforms, we can add shoes to the list as well, this is not about recruiting or money, it's about how our teams look and the apparel that we fans can purchase whether on campus or box store. We are not in the same room when it come to Addias and Nike from a design stand point, our baseball uniforms looks like a Russell athletics uniform and softball too, any Apparel company will support who ever is contracted out with them, from my vantage point there is a lot of cultural changes needed at Auburn and one is this fan base inferiority mentality not wanting the best for our athletes because so and so have this apparel company. Last time I checked which is now I Don't play and neither do you, so we need to stop it with the holding on the what ever years because Auburn uniforms has changed over the years. My biggest complaint is our uniforms always has to have the logo/interlock on the uniform as if we are trying to tell who ever that this is Auburn, it is over kill and to busy looking, the front of the uniform says AUBURN /TIGERS on the front?!?! depending on what color we are wearing it doesn't make sense.. to have the interlock on the back.

It isn't like we will let them change anything.

Yeah, let's switch to Nike basketball shoes. Zion highly recommends. 

Screenshot_20221002-170901~2.png

Screenshot_20221002-170928~2.png